Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree84Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-08-2016, 17:24   #31
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Re: EFL Round 2 draw

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
Ticket incentive
incentive how much more incentive do you need than to watch stanley play one of our local rivals in a proper cup game in stead of a friendly with a full house
Old 11-08-2016, 19:04   #32
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Dunno they may choose Morecambe, cos their aint much comedy on tv at the moment,
Morecambe on telly. That wouldn't be Wise.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 20:50   #33
Full Member+

Sky Fixture Predictions

23rd Stanley v Burnley
24th Burton v Liverpool
25th Morecambe v Bournemouth

No other Sky Football on these days, and a Thurs game is certain, the Liverpool game with be up against Manchester City on BT.

Last edited by Chewbacca; 11-08-2016 at 20:57.
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 20:57   #34
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewbacca View Post
Sky Fixture Predictions

23rd Stanley v Burnley
24th Burton v Liverpool
25th Morecambe v Bournemouth

No other Sky Football on these games, and the Liverpool game with be up against Manchester City on BT.
I can't see Bournemouth playing Thursday with a Premier League game the following Saturday
Old 11-08-2016, 21:26   #35
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mab View Post
incentive how much more incentive do you need than to watch stanley play one of our local rivals in a proper cup game in stead of a friendly with a full house
I think the idea is to make them buy tickets for other games to get 1 for Burnley.

There'll be 4200 on for this game so we need to get another 2 or 3 for another game as well :-)
Old 11-08-2016, 21:27   #36
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
I can't see Bournemouth playing Thursday with a Premier League game the following Saturday
I'm not too sure as some one will have to do it and the prem teams will put out second string teams no doubt.
Old 11-08-2016, 23:13   #37
Junior Member+

Quote:
I'm not too sure as some one will have to do it and the prem teams will put out second string teams no doubt.
I can't see Morecambe Bournemouth being on TV, my prediction is Tuesday Accy Burnley, Wednesday Burton Liverpool.
Hopefully this is the case but either way it'll be a great night and hopefully a good result for our boys
AccyStan1962 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 23:30   #38
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyStan1962 View Post
I can't see Morecambe Bournemouth being on TV, my prediction is Tuesday Accy Burnley, Wednesday Burton Liverpool.
Hopefully this is the case but either way it'll be a great night and hopefully a good result for our boys
There will be one game on Thursday as well guaranteed according to the football league.

The Chelsea and Everton games have a possibility as well as the Shrimps and Stanley, however Burton is 200% nailed on. 1 + (2 from 4).
Old 12-08-2016, 07:50   #39
Full Member+

Quote:
There will be one game on Thursday as well guaranteed according to the football league.

The Chelsea and Everton games have a possibility as well as the Shrimps and Stanley, however Burton is 200% nailed on. 1 + (2 from 4).
Surely Burton a pretty poor Championship team against the Liverpool Academy isn't going to be a great spectacle.

Although it is once again "Nigel Clough's Burton Albion" and Sky love "name" managers.
monkey hanger likes this.
Morecambe_Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 08:24   #40
God Member

Although it is once again "Nigel Clough's Burton Albion" and Sky love "name" managers.[/QUOTE]

bit of sense from north west lancashire. the problem is we,re all excited about the game but if you live darn sarf a local lancashire derby is not of much interest as would say hartlepools v sunderland. north v south games with teams who were famous in the 1950,s seem to be more popular with the tv chiefs.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 10:45   #41
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outback Ozzy View Post
Whats the betting either this match or the Blackburn at home match gets moved to the following night. Potential nightmare for Police if both matches are on the same evening.
On the other hand, if they are on the same night there's less chance of Rovers' nutters putting on red shirts and coming over to Accy looking for Burnley's nutters

The police might prefer it that way .....
Old 12-08-2016, 10:49   #42
Senior Member+

ABSOLUTELY......
...SICK AS A PARROT... ...!!!!!!!!!!
I am away all that week and I was already annoyed at having to miss the Morecambe match!

GUTTED
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 11:57   #43
Senior Member+

If they are doing a ticket incentive I'd much prefer it to be involving the Morecambe game instead of the Exeter...Another local derby and better atmosphere to enjoy with a bit of luck to encourage floating fans/Burnley fans to come again!
Old 12-08-2016, 15:33   #44
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimer View Post
On the other hand, if they are on the same night there's less chance of Rovers' nutters putting on red shirts and coming over to Accy looking for Burnley's nutters

The police might prefer it that way .....
Police don't seem to bothered, Tuesday for Rovers and Wednesday for Stanley
Old 12-08-2016, 15:38   #45
Senior Member+

Confirmed Wednesday evening 24th Aug, Live on Sky, 7:45 K.O
Outback Ozzy likes this.
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..