Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree84Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-08-2016, 20:13   #91
Super Moderator

Re: EFL Round 2 draw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewbacca View Post

There were some shockers before he came in, like moving the Stanley v Newport game from a weekend where Blackburn/Burnley would not play to a Friday when both England and Wales were.
That was totally my error; never ever gave it a thought it was the international break that weekend. Lesson learned; when we get the fixtures in June the International breaks are cleared marked. I thought of asking Cheltenham to swop to the Friday, but saw it was on the International weekend.
Mr T is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 14-08-2016, 20:18   #92
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewbacca View Post
Wonder if Burnley wil get 10%of the allocation as required or closer to 50%?

Is it possible to just give 10% the way the ground is set up? Circa 400 I assume.
Sir; all clubs have to submit to the EFL what allocation they will give clubs at all games in pre-season. We've made a commitment which will have to honour. It's is a minimum of 10% of capacity, but as we all know the Wham isn't currently geared up to work within that constrant.
Mr T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2016, 12:55   #93
God Member

I think all fans appreciate that special changes are made for one-off fixtures such as this. Certain sections of the ground are expanded for press, hospitality and fans of clubs with larger fan bases. It's inconvenient but a part of the success which gets us these games.

The previous precedent of speaking to season ticket holders to advise them ahead of the changes was the right thing to do; it was an example of the club's personal touch and, incidentally, cost nothing. It's completely understandable why people are miffed that the precedent hasn't been followed this time. It's equally disappointing that there are supporters on here who are either wildly missing the point or showing an active dearth of compassion towards fellow Reds!
AccyMad likes this.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2016, 17:46   #94

Andy holt with some very straight to the point tweets tonight, agree 100% with him
Old 16-08-2016, 19:38   #95
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dav1d View Post
Andy holt with some very straight to the point tweets tonight, agree 100% with him
I don't think anyone would disagree. Missed the point a bit though. The issue isn't the changes themselves it's the communication.
AccyMad, cashman and monkey hanger like this.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2016, 19:51   #96
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Its communication thats very important if yeh want growth in my view. and it costs sod all.
Old 17-08-2016, 08:15   #97
Senior Member+

Quote:
Why is communication now channelled through twitter? I suspect that a considerable minority of fans see Mr Holt's tweets.
KiTChener, cashman, DAV007 and 3 others like this.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2016, 13:34   #98
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Aye but to explain to andy, whilst the fact is yeh cant cos the twitter location is disabled, not the best idea in my view.
Old 17-08-2016, 19:05   #99
Full Member+

It is normal at most clubs for some fans to move for Cup games so it seemed okay, however Andy Holt's comments have no regard to he recently published club charter so he would have been better apologising and saying it is a one off. With the spelling I doubt it was widely read

"HOME CUP COMPETETIONS

Season ticket holders can claim their allocated seat during a priority sales period. After this specified period, any unsold ‘reserved’ seats will be made available to all other home supporters at the discretion of the club."

http://accringtonstanley.co.uk/wp-co...-17-Rev-A1.pdf

Most would put something about ST holders not guaranteed their own seat, although the club would endeavour to do so.
cashman likes this.
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2016, 08:01   #100

In all honesty I'm not sure why the hospitality people needed to sit in a specific block of seats. Why couldn't they just sit in the normally unallocated seats that are fairly central.

On saying the above I understand the club can make a few thousand extra out of this fixture and it is all vital money that may even help bring a player or two in at some stage.

Last edited by widnes viking; 18-08-2016 at 08:06.
widnes viking is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..