Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree25Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-08-2016, 10:23   #1
Full Member+

Burnley Ticket Sales

With only 1300 on yesterday there can't be many who bought the the Exeter tickets to get a Burnley one and even with hospitality sales there should be about 700 left to sell.

Will these go on open sale or is a loyalty car needed?
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 21-08-2016, 10:37   #2
Full Member+

Re: Burnley Ticket Sales

Just seen it on a twitter account 2-6pm general sale Monday, nowt on the club website I could see though.

It also said Stanley did not comply with Football Foundation grant criteria and lost the grant for starting without permission on the Sophia Khan stand.
Old 21-08-2016, 13:33   #3
God Member

I wonder if some will be available in the market hall shop tomorrow, I need one & it'd be easier if I could bob in there on my way home from work - will ring club tomorrow & ask
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2016, 13:42   #4
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
I wonder if some will be available in the market hall shop tomorrow, I need one & it'd be easier if I could bob in there on my way home from work - will ring club tomorrow & ask

Unless there has been a change of mind I spoke to Jill yesterday and there are no plans
Old 21-08-2016, 13:56   #5
God Member

Ok, thanks Dave - in that case I'll head straight up to the club after work
Old 21-08-2016, 15:50   #6
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Whats puzzling to me, if they are still selling tickets, why were people only limited to 1? unless we got a sell out (Hope so) then its stupid imho.
Old 21-08-2016, 17:00   #7
Senior Member+

Not impressed with the way ticket sales were organised,the club obviously wanted to make the most profit from the sale of Burnley match tickets, firstly restricting season ticket holders to 1 ticket, then restricting the sale to only those who purchased a ticket to the Exeter match at the same time, then lastly season ticket holders who would like to bring a friend will be allowed to purchase a ticket on Monday afternoon, with the tickets being distributed having designated seating numbers the tickets bought for friends will probably be nowhere near the season ticket holders sit
accybeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2016, 17:05   #8
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

I'm aware of at least a couple who have said sod it i'll watch it on TV. not regulars, but never likely to be, wi the way things are handled.
Old 21-08-2016, 18:03   #9
God Member

I think maybe the idea behind the first 'wave' of open sales being restricted to those who were buying an Exeter ticket too was to discourage Burnley fans buying them & ending up mixed in with home fans & I understand that way of thinking but agree that season ticket & loyalty card holders should have had the option of buying one extra with their own as we have previously, maybe it'll be different for the 3rd round game
yonmon likes this.
Old 21-08-2016, 21:16   #10
Full Member+

I like your confidence of getting in the 3rd round AccyMad
Rowlf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2016, 21:35   #11
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by accybeme View Post
Not impressed with the way ticket sales were organised,the club obviously wanted to make the most profit from the sale of Burnley match tickets, firstly restricting season ticket holders to 1 ticket, then restricting the sale to only those who purchased a ticket to the Exeter match at the same time, then lastly season ticket holders who would like to bring a friend will be allowed to purchase a ticket on Monday afternoon, with the tickets being distributed having designated seating numbers the tickets bought for friends will probably be nowhere near the season ticket holders sit

I thought it was open sale tomorrow? I may have missed something.

Maybe there may not have been enough to offer all season ticket holders 2, plus Loyalty Card holders and the hospitality they aim to sell. That is fair enough, but maybe the longer term ST holders limiting it to maybe 700 for example should have been offered 2. If that is 2, 3 or 4th year ST holders it wouldn't matter, providing the club had a proper database and a few seconds to do a query.

That is what I would have done, priority for those who have had STs longest if not all could be offered a couple. This may happen more in future years so the club can learn.

Last edited by Chewbacca; 21-08-2016 at 21:38.
Old 21-08-2016, 22:31   #12
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

I have big doubts as to if will be a sell out, hope i'm wrong, reckon there will be as many Burnley fans as ours, and ive been talking to some dingles who are watching it on sky. they are season ticketers as well.
Old 22-08-2016, 06:09   #13
God Member

Burnley have a points system to prioritise their cup ticket sales, those with a certain amount first & so on so if their fans have not been able to get them for the away end I'd imagine quite a few could be mixed in with us
Old 22-08-2016, 09:48   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by accybeme View Post

Pretty much of the same mind here as well, its a bit much having to buy a ticket for another match as well particularly if you cant make it due to work.
Old 22-08-2016, 18:24   #15
Senior Member+

many left?
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..