Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree25Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-08-2016, 18:48   #16
Full Member+

Re: Burnley Ticket Sales

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
Burnley have a points system to prioritise their cup ticket sales, those with a certain amount first & so on so if their fans have not been able to get them for the away end I'd imagine quite a few could be mixed in with us
Neither Burnley nor Stanley have sold out yet.

Burnley having Liverpool at home and Chelsea away for £30 the following match won't help. They go off sale for Burnley fans 5pm tomorrow, and have been on open sale for 5 days.

Stanley have been on open sale for 4 hours, and they announced with a a few hours before close of sale that they would sell from 10am tomorrow.

The trouble is people did not know if they could get a ticket so made other plans to watch on telly etc, and £20 is a lot for a league cup 2nd round game, I think Burnley normally charge £10.
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 22-08-2016, 20:12   #17
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewbacca View Post
Neither Burnley nor Stanley have sold out yet.

Burnley having Liverpool at home and Chelsea away for £30 the following match won't help. They go off sale for Burnley fans 5pm tomorrow, and have been on open sale for 5 days.

Stanley have been on open sale for 4 hours, and they announced with a a few hours before close of sale that they would sell from 10am tomorrow.

The trouble is people did not know if they could get a ticket so made other plans to watch on telly etc, and £20 is a lot for a league cup 2nd round game, I think Burnley normally charge £10.
Burnley sales were still season ticket holders on Friday, not sure if they went on general sale Saturday or today.
Old 22-08-2016, 20:37   #18
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
Burnley sales were still season ticket holders on Friday, not sure if they went on general sale Saturday or today.
Yeah you are right, I meant no loyalty points needed for 5 days, any ST holder of which there are about 8 times many ST holders as tickets available at a guess.
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2016, 21:28   #19
Senior Member+

amazed burnley have not sold out their end - poor show if that turns out to be the case.
monkey hanger likes this.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2016, 21:46   #20
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
amazed burnley have not sold out their end - poor show if that turns out to be the case.
I aint suprised Dav, after talking too a couple of long time S.T. holders oer yon friday morning.
Old 22-08-2016, 21:54   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
They aren't available online from what I can see but it says they are available until 5pm tomorrow.

I would be surprised if it is much like the Burnley 1st team hence the reason they aren't being snapped up at £20 a time. It was the same when Newcastle came to the Crown with 10 changes from their league team.
deeayess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2016, 22:00   #22
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeayess View Post
They aren't available online from what I can see but it says they are available until 5pm tomorrow.

I would be surprised if it is much like the Burnley 1st team hence the reason they aren't being snapped up at £20 a time. It was the same when Newcastle came to the Crown with 10 changes from their league team.
Exactly, they told me they dont pay £20 for players.
Old 22-08-2016, 22:09   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Exactly, they told me they dont pay £20 for players.
More likely Premiership clubs wouldn't give tuppence for the league cup
deeayess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2016, 22:17   #24
bdc

Think the restrictions on ticket sales will have had a negative effect, it seems like the powers that be have tried to milk the game for as much as they can and that comes with risks. I personally think £20 is too much for a second round League Cup game especially when its on TV. I'm still surprised that fans were asked to pay for the Exeter game to get access to a ticket for the Burnley game. Fans deserve better IMO
cashman, Revived Red and yonmon like this.
bdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2016, 08:18   #25
God Member

[QUOTE=bdc;1175231] it seems like the powers that be have tried to milk the gam e for as much as they can and that comes with risks. if the club had done nothing i,m sure a lot of us would be saying the club has missed an opportunity. seems we can,t get it right for averyone. 20 pounds for burnley at home is ok by me but 10 pounds bradford i think not.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2016, 08:39   #26
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

I think £20 is scandalous for a second round league cup game personally, not a problem for me, but certainly cant see it attracting many,if any new people?
KiTChener likes this.
Old 23-08-2016, 10:42   #27
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
I think £20 is scandalous for a second round league cup game personally, not a problem for me, but certainly cant see it attracting many,if any new people?
I disagree Cashman but let me explain why

I think £20 against a premier league team in the cup us fair - it's not good , it's not bad, it's fair.

However £20 for a league 2 game if your a walk up fan is a rip off, and that is where the club needs to be clever offering ticket packages to encourage home fans while milking away fans.

£25 at Barnet was laughable, some of the prices in league 2 are a joke and the football league should be asking for a greater share of the tv money to help subsidise league 2 prices.
chevyfire and monkey hanger like this.
Old 23-08-2016, 11:51   #28
God Member

if you can,t attract people for a game like burnley at home you never will. if the club had reduced the ticket prices i don,t think it would have made much difference. agree with DAV about 20 notes for a div.2 game though its a bit over the top. should try catagory a and b games. local derbys or games against carlisle or doncaster 20 is ok but for your barnet and exeter 15 should be the max.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2016, 11:51   #29
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
I disagree Cashman but let me explain why

I think £20 against a premier league team in the cup us fair - it's not good , it's not bad, it's fair.

However £20 for a league 2 game if your a walk up fan is a rip off, and that is where the club needs to be clever offering ticket packages to encourage home fans while milking away fans.

£25 at Barnet was laughable, some of the prices in league 2 are a joke and the football league should be asking for a greater share of the tv money to help subsidise league 2 prices.
Its only fair if the premier League club plays a full strength side Dav, How many actually do that ? imho £20 to watch kids aint my idea of fair.
Old 23-08-2016, 14:12   #30
Senior Member+

We don't know what team Burnley will put out until 7pm, but I accept your point that most EPL clubs play their subs and reserves in the first few rounds.
monkey hanger likes this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..