Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree32Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-09-2016, 11:18   #16
Senior Member+

Re: 1st League 2 casualty

Tony Mowbray's fallen on his sword at Coventry - no wins in 10, that was always likely ...
monkey hanger likes this.
Div3North is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 30-09-2016, 07:46   #17
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Div3North View Post
Tony Mowbray's fallen on his sword at Coventry - no wins in 10, that was always likely ...
how he got the job in the first place baffled me. another one who is always mentioned as one who likes to play good football i.e. passing the ball sideways in 5 yard passes. as for jim bentley at morecambe if i was him and someone came in for him i,d be gone if the offer is right. don,t think he,d survive if the shrimps go on a bad run like last season. having a new foreign owner who doesn,t understand the club would probebly show less patiance.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2016, 11:29   #18
Senior Member+

The Telegraph seems to be working wonders for the Football Dole Queue just at the minute ............. not that anyone appears to have done anything wrong as they all see it!

And if you've just got your dream job, and they're paying you £3 million a year, why would you really need another £400k (much of which would go in tax, assuming that you're not offshore, or that the money doesn't go into an account in the name of one of your pet animals) .............. Don't understand that, unless it's greed, pure and simple?
Old 30-09-2016, 12:24   #19
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

its sod all new wi that fellow mate.
Old 30-09-2016, 14:42   #20
I am Banned

Ex Wigan and blackburns Eric black latest to be suspended by Southampton, 8 premier league managers are set to exposed for taking bungs

Steve Bruce, mark Hughes, Ryan giggs, Alan pardew, Toby pulis, Eric black, Harry redknapp and David moyes

Guess where there's money there's corruption
st06nc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 07:44   #21
God Member

nothing surprises me at the top level of football. until the game gets back to its grass roots where its a game for the average guy in the street sooner the better. money and more money will always bring these stories to light. even in the so called bad old days of the maximum wage they weren,t on the bread line.
Old 01-10-2016, 11:10   #22

Not even after all this bull will the FA,think about grassroots.Sorry to say but they don't care. Grassroots got shat on a longtime ago my friend. Nothing will come of it,even the bung has been bunged.
AccyMad and cashman like this.
odders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 07:24   #23
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Div3North View Post
coventry win their first game of the season. probebly started to play the ball forward now.
Old 03-10-2016, 08:53   #24
I am Banned

Roberto de mateo or however you spell it sacked by villa
st06nc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 13:19   #25
Senior Member+

Heart warming to see that Newport County have appointed that nice Mr Westley as Manager w.e.f. next Monday #BottomOfTheLeague

Revived Red likes this.
Old 07-10-2016, 13:30   #26
God Member

Wonderful news!! Can't wait to play one of his teams again & welcome him back to the Crown Ground

P.s. - just been diagnosed as a compulsive liar so ignore the above statement.!
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 19:17   #27
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
how he got the job in the first place baffled me. another one who is always mentioned as one who likes to play good football i.e. passing the ball sideways in 5 yard passes. as for jim bentley at morecambe if i was him and someone came in for him i,d be gone if the offer is right. don,t think he,d survive if the shrimps go on a bad run like last season. having a new foreign owner who doesn,t understand the club would probebly show less patiance.

You could be right about Jim Bentley , maybe he has sensed that the new owner wants better results and as per the latest announcement a Quatar moneyman has also joined the board :-

An official Morecambe Football Club statement from Diego Lemos
Morecambe_Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 07:05   #28
Senior Member+

There's only 1 Graham Westley
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 07:54   #29
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
thank god.
Old 08-10-2016, 09:37   #30
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
One is one too many.
AccyMad and monkey hanger like this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..