Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree50Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-10-2016, 15:58   #46

Re: Cambridge Blues

Well, that's BBC text binned from now on, quicker info from you guys on here!

Thought Billy was our taker? He could have had a hat trick.
KiTChener is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 01-10-2016, 16:03   #47

Both subs come on for a few minutes, both took penalties, both missed. Think I'd make them walk home. Especially Eagles.

Brad handled on the line for the second? Presumably tantamount to denying a goal. He shall no longer be my favourite ex player.

And that's not the only change. I will not be paying any attention to tea-leaves in future.
monkey hanger likes this.
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 16:04   #48
God Member

How the hell did two players with fresh legs not score a penalty between 'em?? Hoping it was because their keeper played out of his skin rather than our lads cocking them up - tonight's highlights will show what the story was no doubt, not a good day at the office
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 16:06   #49
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

sod all to do wi fresh legs, they hadn't been on long enough in my view, we didn't need fresh legs the other week.
Old 01-10-2016, 16:20   #50
God Member

True Cashy but still, to miss one but two??? If it was because of their fresh legs then someone else should've taken them but maybe it was just because their keeper was amazing & having saved one he'd be really confident with the second?? without being there can't really judge but wouldn't like to be our lads in that dressing room tonight.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 01-10-2016, 16:23   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
True Cashy but still, to miss one but two??? If it was because of their fresh legs then someone else should've taken them but maybe it was just because their keeper was amazing & having saved one he'd be really confident with the second?? without being there can't really judge but wouldn't like to be our lads in that dressing room tonight.

Wouldn't like to be Billy either,,,, sure he would have converted.
KiTChener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 16:24   #52

Sean Derry: In all the time I've been in football, I don't think anyone has seen a finish like that!

Cambridge fan: The most exciting game of football ever! Norris you are a legend!

Aaarrrggghhhhhh.....
Old 01-10-2016, 16:25   #53
God Member

I might only be (been) a tinpot amatuer,but even I know that you don,t let a fresh player(s) take a penalty unless there's no one else standing. Never.
KiTChener and yonmon like this.
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 16:26   #54
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
Far as im concerned being on a matter of mins, none of em should have had to take one, ridiculous to me, we scored double figures the other week with people that had played in the game. we missed the first then scored all the others.
KiTChener and Kiwi John like this.
Old 01-10-2016, 16:34   #55
Full Member+

Likewise, i can't see the logic in letting not fully warmed up players take penalties. Very disappointing, it's cost us at least a point.
KiTChener likes this.
winstanley asfc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 16:41   #56
Senior Member+

Fair play to the 98 who travelled.

Must be a horrific journey home after that.
Kiwi John likes this.
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 16:43   #57

In a lovely boozer with a nice pint, but still haven't calmed down. We just about deserved a point, were a little fortunate to get the first pen, only for a pathetic effort from Eagles more or less straight at the keeper. Second pen was stonewall, handball on the line. Gornell hit it hard but too close to the keeper at a saveable height. We didn't crack on after the equaliser but looked the more likely winners, Rommy rattling the post with a sweetly hit shot, they produced nothing of note before their winner, which was a swift counter volleyed in by Pierro. One of the most frustrating games I've seen, not just that we have missed two pens but been beaten by a clearly inferior side. We just didn't utilise our strengths. Clark is wasted on the wing, we need him to pull the oppo defence around a bit through the middle. Apologies for the rant. Just really hacked off right now.
Phil Whalley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 16:48   #58
God Member

What an aptly named thread.
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 16:56   #59
God Member

Well Coley's interview at least sheds light on why Billy didn't take the penalties, he sounded a lot calmer about it than I expected him to - probably seething underneath though
KiTChener and monkey hanger like this.
Old 01-10-2016, 17:01   #60

Billy must be in a bad way to be too injured to boot the ball 12 yards. Hope he gets better for next week.

I see Norris has now saved 4 pens this season so far.

I'm mostly ****ed off that Brad effectively cheated us. Although, I suppose that's football.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..