Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree50Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-10-2016, 22:41   #76

Re: Cambridge Blues

Well 11 games played and 15 points on the board. Not good enough for the playoffs but maybe good enough for mid-table mediocrity at the end of the season. The clubs going forward off the pitch, so at least we can expect to be playing matches in 2017.....😀.....a time for optimism...🤔
Crown Grounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 02-10-2016, 07:15   #77
Senior Member+

Having slept in it I remain baffled. Bring two subs on but leave a crocked player on. Got totally bullied by their lump of a sub. Leave Mingoia totally unmarked. Move players around to accommodate McConville. As for the pens I could not believe what I was seeing.
It's only a few weeks ago Conneely was getting stuck in here - but Jesus he's a big miss in centre mid. Brown not the same player without him alongside. Quicker that's firgit about the better. On to the next one.
Bacon sandwich and coffee was good ..........
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 07:21   #78
God Member

with all the law changes in football isn,t it about time a penalty goal is given for handball on the line if in the refs. opinion the ball was going in. penalty tries seem to work in both codes of rugby. not looking for excuses for the lads that missed but its something i,ve thought about before.
KiTChener and choirboy like this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 07:51   #79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Didsbury View Post
Twitter coverage is on, but it's saying Cambridge are winning. Which must be a mistake.
Do you guys know for £5 a month you get live local radio commentary for most away games?
Inspector Morse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 13:16   #80

We narrowly lost away to club from a city with a population of a quarter of a million that's hit a decent run of form. We had more shots on goal, equal possession despite our captain and ace winger being injured. It was a fluke ending that will never happen again.

We still have 10 points from the last 5 league games.

There, I've made myself feel better already.
AccyMad and cashman like this.
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 17:24   #81

Still can't believe what I witnessed in Studentsville. Poor as we were had Rommy's shot snuck in we'd have won comfortably. What Eagles was doing I've no idea. If that goes in there isn't one for Tel to miss. Smash it down the middle if in doubt I say. Desperately missing Jonno's spark.
AccyMad likes this.
Old 02-10-2016, 17:56   #82
God Member

Got to say I was a little disappointed with Piero, it was a cracking goal but did he really need to celebrate quite so much? It's not like he left on bad terms or anything & I think he could've followed Podge's example, he scored twice against his old team yesterday but didn't celebrate at all, just walked quietly away from the goalmouth on both occasions which in my book showed a bit of respect for Grimsby - just my opinion of course, the goal hurt enough without having the knife twisted
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 19:05   #83

I don't have a problem with ex players celebrating. In fact it's become quite the boring cliche not to now. They pay his wages now and he's just bagged a screamer in front of a sizable contingent of family and friends who were at the game.

As long as they don't go over the top or rub ex supporters' noses in it a la Rory at the Shay in 06 (who didn't even get the goal himself by the way )

To be fair to the Italian Accringtonian he made a special effort to come over an clap the travelling 98 at the end of the game.

It did however make the day worse as we all knew inevitably he'd pop up. Sod's law it's a wonder goal which proved to be the winner.
Old 02-10-2016, 19:48   #84

Well said Alvin the Chipmunk. being forced to wear poppies, making it illegal to tell plump children to lose weight, having to cancel football matches when the clubhouse cat dies for fear of offending pet lovers..... Why can't people behave how they want? If you want to be Denis Law, be Denis Law but we all know they are doing cartwheels of joy in their heads.
monkey hanger likes this.
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 20:01   #85
Senior Member+

What determines whether a LIKE symbol appears on a post?
ossy kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 20:03   #86
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ossy kid View Post
Writing the post determines it simple as.
Old 02-10-2016, 20:27   #87
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
The clicking of the like button (on the right of the comment display box) possibly?
Old 02-10-2016, 21:26   #88
Senior Member+

So where are the like symbols on the above posts #70 and 86?
Old 02-10-2016, 21:35   #89
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
So where are the like symbols on the above posts #70 and 86?
Think its just acting the goat a bit mate, post 80 on mines got an unlike not a like.
Old 02-10-2016, 21:44   #90
Senior Member+

Now I,m really confused, where is your post 80?

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..