Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree50Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-10-2016, 21:47   #91
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Cambridge Blues

Quote:
Originally Posted by ossy kid View Post
Now I,m really confused, where is your post 80?
yer not as confused as me, its Lord Ds post now that says unlike and is 80.n i aint been drinking.
Old 02-10-2016, 21:49   #92
God Member

Don't want to distract the thread from the subject of like buttons but, to get back to the match, having just watched the goals and non-goals, what is most amazing, and very disappointing, is that with the last penalty there was not a single Stanley player, other than Gornell, anywhere near the penalty area. There were four Cambridge lads rushing in to clear it, but not a single Stanley player with the nous to follow up the spot kick for the rebound. Basic stuff in footie, but it summed up what was a lacklustre performance yesterday.
cashman and Chrisr like this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 21:50   #93
Senior Member+

Must be my computer Lord Ds post says like on mine but I just checked several other posts of mine and none of them have a like symbol on. Must be a Canadian thing or summat eh.
ossy kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 21:54   #94
Senior Member+

Sounds like a a bad day all round Exile. Lets hope they learn from their mistakes.
Old 02-10-2016, 22:06   #95
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ossy kid View Post
Now I,m really confused, where is your post 80?
Forget the post numbers Fella, normally to the right of the screen on the (apparent) line below the text comment is the word like. If you right click on this on someones comment it registers in their comment box, click on it again & the "like" disappears.
Old 03-10-2016, 00:32   #96
Senior Member+

And I thought I was confused before! There is no LIKE on my posts. I just wondered why.
I know how the like button works. Thanks anyway Dave.
Old 03-10-2016, 06:12   #97
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvin the chipmunk View Post
I don't have a problem with ex players celebrating. In fact it's become quite the boring cliche not to now. They pay his wages now and he's just bagged a screamer in front of a sizable contingent of family and friends who were at the game.

As long as they don't go over the top or rub ex supporters' noses in it a la Rory at the Shay in 06 (who didn't even get the goal himself by the way )

To be fair to the Italian Accringtonian he made a special effort to come over an clap the travelling 98 at the end of the game.

It did however make the day worse as we all knew inevitably he'd pop up. Sod's law it's a wonder goal which proved to be the winner.
No problem with ex players celebrating yet still haven't forgiven Rory from 2006, hmmmmm??
Fair play to Piero that he came over to acknowledge the Stanley fans, not being there I obviously didn't know that - he's back in the good books
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 08:19   #98
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
No problem with ex players celebrating yet still haven't forgiven Rory from 2006, hmmmmm??
Fair play to Piero that he came over to acknowledge the Stanley fans, not being there I obviously didn't know that - he's back in the good books
and there was the biggest love in ever after the game with his ex team mates, coaches and directors.

Whatever floats your boat.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 08:50   #99
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
and there was the biggest love in ever after the game with his ex team mates, coaches and directors.

Whatever floats your boat.
Ah, bless him - we should've kidnapped him & brought him home
Old 03-10-2016, 10:16   #100
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
Ah, bless him - we should've kidnapped him & brought him home
He wouldn't have gone but for his bird, see how women mess football up.
Old 03-10-2016, 11:04   #101
Senior Member+

I think the tasty pay rise might have been a factor as well ................
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 11:45   #102
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
He wouldn't have gone but for his bird, see how women mess football up.
Not rising to the bait Cashy
MikeA and sherry like this.
Old 03-10-2016, 19:25   #103
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
with all the law changes in football isn,t it about time a penalty goal is given for handball on the line if in the refs. opinion the ball was going in. penalty tries seem to work in both codes of rugby. not looking for excuses for the lads that missed but its something i,ve thought about before.
Fully agree with you about a "Penalty Goal" award Monkey Hanger, as I was thinking on the same lines. The team that 'Cheats' in this scenario benefits if the penalty is missed or saved! (Cambridge benefited by two points as a 'Penalty goal' to us would have been an equalizer and we would have shared the points). If video replays were to be used throughout Pro Footy as well, then in a case like this one, it would be easy to apply......
.......The referee has already stopped play by blowing the whistle for a penalty, (and a sending off), so there is time to replay the video for an official to view whether a goal has 'clearly been denied'. If found to be so then the ref can award a "Penalty Goal" and the penalty does not need to be taken and the game restarts with a kick off from the centre spot as it would after any goal.
This would not cause a disruption to open play as the ref has already stopped play and would only take as long as it normally takes to attempt a penalty.
Why oh why don't the guys at the top of football listen to common sense from the terraces?
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 20:23   #104

A deliberate handball on or near the line, with the ball heading goal bound stopping a certain goal doesn't need TV replays. It doesn't happen that often. The ref just gives a goal (and books the player). It's a decision no harder to make than a linesman deciding whether a shot has crossed the line - in fact it's easier to spot.

A penalty and sending off could ruin the game one way or another. (If scored or missed)
AccyMad and monkey hanger like this.
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..