Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree89Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-10-2016, 12:10   #46
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Newport County Match Thread!

KTF is not being harsh at all in my view, hes saying it how he and many others see it.was a cartload around us yesterday saying exactly the same.
keep the faith likes this.
Old 30-10-2016, 12:35   #47
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudgie View Post
Interesting to watch Jimmy's interview after the game yesterday.

Apparently they have read the riot act and their will be changes........ will be interesting to see who plays next weekend.
Coincidentally it's a cup game next so I think there would have been changes anyway so not so cut and dried if changes are made and we get hammered back to norm week after,?
keep the faith and Chrisr like this.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2016, 12:55   #48
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

F.A. Cup match andyd, which is the "Big" un. the strongest side should play surely?
Old 30-10-2016, 14:10   #49
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Didsbury
I can't see evidence that Coleman can't take us further.
I suspect Lord Rochdale may have a different opinion.

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

Last edited by yerself; 30-10-2016 at 14:15.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2016, 15:00   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
KTF,bit harsh that!.
When Acci hold the ball up for players to run off them,were as good as any team in the league.
Lads will have to work hard to cover Billy's absence and it won't be easy,hard player to replace and we are at our best when he's on his game.
4-2-3-1 setup got us to the playoffs and 20 points this season,it's the players that need to up their game.
We did go 3 at the back to get more men forward and conceded another straight away.
I agree with your comments F19 regarding Billy and the 4-2-3-1 set up.

The point I'm making isn't about that, it's about certain individuals being selected from a large squad of players week in week out regardless of form or previous match performance.

The message being sent out to these players suggests to them they are indispensable and doesn't give the other squad members a cat in hells chance of getting a game. There should always be competition within a squad encouraging players to show they are the best man for the job.

I suspect next Saturday we will see changes to the starting line up as it's a cup game, but the week after at home to Stevenage it'll be back to the same old favourites.

Yesterday we saw certain players giving their whole and wanting to take something from the game. For once the MOM selection was spot on, but on the other hand we saw certain individuals just going through the motions to say the least. It was pathetic, I'm not naming names, we all know who these players are.
keep the faith is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2016, 16:08   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerself View Post
That was Paul Ince wasn't it?
Thinking about it, you may be right!!

After all these years, I've been doing Westley wrong!!

Poor lamb, as another poster might say!!
KiTChener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2016, 16:35   #52
God Member

The attempted trip on Andy Mangan was indeed Paul Ince during a game at Macclesfield who he was managing at the time, you might've mixed up the name of the culprit Kitchener but not so much their characters, Ince was another nasty piece of work
KiTChener and cashman like this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2016, 17:10   #53

How far away that halcyon day at the London Stadium seems. Yet we have the same players, the same management team and I hope the same passion for our club. I was amazed at the performance we put in yesterday, no vision, no midfield general, no urgency when we went 2-0 down. There is obviously a lot more work to do around rebuilding and gelling the team and getting back the focus but the raw material is there it just needs refining. One of the first changes I would suggest would be to stop playing one up front as has already been said and get back to a stronger 4-4-2 or even 4-3-3 set up.
Icarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2016, 17:42   #54
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad
The attempted trip on Andy Mangan was indeed Paul Ince during a game at Macclesfield
It was against Macclesfield when Mr. Ince was manager but not at Macclesfield. It was, if my memory serves me correctly, at the Crown Ground/Interlink Express/Fraser Eagle stadium or whatever it was called at the time.
KiTChener likes this.

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2016, 17:59   #55
Senior Member+

It was definitely away at Macclesfield. Mangan scored a late goal in a 3-3 draw.
Old 30-10-2016, 18:04   #56

Correct - I was there, remember it well.
smobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2016, 18:08   #57
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey View Post
It was definitely away at Macclesfield. Mangan scored a late goal in a 3-3 draw.
Yep, that's how I remember it - Mangan had scored our 3rd to equalise & as he was running to our dugout to celebrate Ince was on sideline & petulantly stuck his foot out - we were sat opposite in the stand & saw it clear as day, luckily so did Mangy & he managed to avoid tripping over it.
I think there was also some sort of altercation in the dugout when we played them at home towards the end of that season when our win over them secured us a second season in the league
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2016, 18:36   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
The attempted trip on Andy Mangan was indeed Paul Ince during a game at Macclesfield who he was managing at the time, you might've mixed up the name of the culprit Kitchener but not so much their characters, Ince was another nasty piece of work

Did you mean AT Macclesfield or AGAINST??

Was definitely a home game, never been to Maccs!

PS,, you're right about the characters, that's probably why I got confused!!

Poor Westley, I've had this downer on him for so many years!!!!

Poor lamb!!
Old 30-10-2016, 18:43   #59

Remember the incident well!
keep the faith is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2016, 18:48   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by keep the faith View Post
Remember the incident well!

Yes, but where??

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..