Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree72Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-12-2016, 17:36   #1
Senior Member+

Time to discuss Coleman

As you may be aware, I am a huge Coleman fan but this season in the league it has been a disaster despite the manager having good funds compared to many previous years and the club putting players previously on 2 year deals.

There is little to no excuse this season about having to re-build an entire squad, and the players who moved on did so at the start of the new season leaving time to find replacements.

here are my 3 criticisms of Coleman

1. fitness
we appear to have the least fit squad in the league, we always have done.
quite a few of our players are nowhere near their physical peak.
Sports science and diet is huge in football and can make the difference, why is there no evidence of the manager utilising the available technology and dietary understanding.

2. no plan B
we have one way of playing and small variations on that same way, but no genuine plan B or C.
We are predictable, it rarely if ever changes.
As the pitches deteriorate at this time of year, so have our results in past seasons - we must have a plan B and a plan C and be able to adapt to the conditions

3. team selection
the manager has always been and remains to loyal to players who aren't performing (doesn't mean they aren't good enough, just not performing) and to quickly to fall out with others resulting in good players not getting a look in.

In colemans defence, the cup runs this season have been tremendous, he lost his best player matt crooks last season and has been let down by players getting themselves sent of needlessly although he does pick them.

Last edited by DAV007; 10-12-2016 at 17:40.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 10-12-2016, 17:53   #2
God Member

Re: Time to discuss Coleman

Could always bring Beattie back? . . . . . . . . I'll get me coat
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 17:58   #3
I am Banned

Oh p**s off Dave with your pointless threads, we had worse than this, ganging up on the manager is doing nothing, we have to rally behind the team and try get them through this rough patch not form a lynch mob against coley you a**e

Last edited by st06nc2; 10-12-2016 at 18:02.
st06nc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 18:16   #4
Full Member+

The message from Johns own mouth is crisis and relegation battle. I did ask a little while ago had the management team taken the club as far as they can, Dav007 was quick of the mark in defence of John Coleman and there is nothing wrong in that. For the record I am not nor ever have been a cole hater as I don't believe in that nonsense, I do ask why these players who on paper are a lot better than their performance indicates are not doing the business. I and others have discussed the problems from a fans eye view which at times seem obvious but the Manager makes the decision who plays. Davo points out in point 3 about team selection how some players never get a look in. This was also discussed at length. The time has now come to ask out loud what the problem is behind the scenes. Last season we had two academy players available to the first team who never got to kick a ball as such, This season more academy players have come through and still not had the chance to kick a ball in anger. not to mention other players who can do a good job for us. Something drastic has to change and John needs to know how we feel. I know he is deeply gutted at this season's performances which leads to the lack of a plan B. We all realised very early into the season that teams knew how to neutralise our game plan easily. This can only be down to the managers tactics and team selection. All obvious so far. What is the answer? Simply sacking a manager is not the answer. The board nd management have to sit down and have the conversation about the lack of consistent play. we raise our game to play big teams in the cup yet lose to poorer teams than us in the league. We can't afford to think the unthinkable about relegation. Action needs to be taken very soon. Perhaps a clear out in January is not to be ruled out. A lot to contemplate.
Chrisr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 19:15   #5
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

sorry chris, i doubt very much if any clear out would include the few that need clearing.
yerself and Chrisr like this.
Old 10-12-2016, 19:36   #6
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by st06nc2 View Post
Oh p**s off Dave with your pointless threads, we had worse than this, ganging up on the manager is doing nothing, we have to rally behind the team and try get them through this rough patch not form a lynch mob against coley you a**e
a few facts

1. i know we have had worse than this, but this season in the league (so far) has been a disaster.
Its commonly accepted you dont judge a team until after 10 league games, well after 20 games we are 3rd bottom

2. I am not ganging up on the manager, its right that we praise and criticise when the time is right.

3. i am still fully behind the team and manager, i will rally with the best of them

4. there is no lynch mob, i am not calling for the manager to be sacked , merely discussing their performance after 20 league games

5. my a**e is only for the ladies
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 19:53   #7

Dav007. I'm your no 1 fan but I think you've lost it.

No slightest indication the players are not fit.

A stupendous defence (that has, not coincidentally been decimated by injury during this losing streak).

They have actually been playing well of late - just going down 1-0 whilst having some careless ****** getting sent off plus plenty of bad luck.

Our ace centre forward has sadly been injured.

Coleman is working it all out, but alas he only has 90 mins every week to make the changes, and experiment til he gets it right. He's getting there.

Keep the faith, for god's sake.
Outback Ozzy and Chrisr like this.
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 19:54   #8
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
a few facts

1. i know we have had worse than this, but this season in the league (so far) has been a disaster.
Its commonly accepted you dont judge a team until after 10 league games, well after 20 games we are 3rd bottom

2. I am not ganging up on the manager, its right that we praise and criticise when the time is right.

3. i am still fully behind the team and manager, i will rally with the best of them

4. there is no lynch mob, i am not calling for the manager to be sacked , merely discussing their performance after 20 league games

5. my a**e is only for the ladies
Your still yet to tell us how the team that took Bradford to penaltys and won and the team that took burnley to extra time and won in last minute and the team that nearly took westham to extra time is unfit? Maybe you go and have a chat with coley instead of spouting s**t on here all the time
st06nc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 22:01   #9

Thumbs up Re: Time to discuss Coleman

Quote:
As you may be aware, I am a huge Coleman fan but this season in the league it has been a disaster despite the manager having good funds compared to many previous years and the club putting players previously on 2 year deals.

There is little to no excuse this season about having to re-build an entire squad, and the players who moved on did so at the start of the new season leaving time to find replacements.

here are my 3 criticisms of Coleman

1. fitness
quite a few of our players are nowhere near their physical peak.
Sports science and diet is huge in football and can make the difference, why is there no evidence of the manager utilising the available technology and dietary understanding.

2. no plan B
we have one way of playing and small variations on that same way, but no genuine plan B or C.
We are predictable, it rarely if ever changes.
As the pitches deteriorate at this time of year, so have our results in past seasons - we must have a plan B and a plan C and be able to adapt to the conditions

3. team selection
the manager has always been and remains to loyal to players who aren't performing (doesn't mean they aren't good enough, just not performing) and to quickly to fall out with others resulting in good players not getting a look in.

In colemans defence, the cup runs this season have been tremendous, he lost his best player matt crooks last season and has been let down by players getting themselves sent of needlessly although he does pick them.
UNBELIEVABLE! ..... Scoring is the problem. This type of thread appears on every other clubs fans website from time to time. It has NO PLACE, on Stanley's! KEEP THE FAITH....it will be sorted, we won't win anything this season But we will finish mid table. We have one good season in five, we had it last season. The clubs stable any going forward, patience on and off the pitch is required. Change is often painful and uncomfortable..... It's happening both on and off said pitch.....recognise it and take a deep breath...KEEP THE FAITH👏
Outback Ozzy likes this.
Crown Grounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 22:30   #10
God Member

Quote:
1. fitness
😂😂😂

Brilliant. No need to read any further!
AccyMad and yonmon like this.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 23:03   #11
Senior Member+

Dav !

By keep persisting with this one, you must have realised by the posted replies that once again, if you're not careful, you are likely to once again alienate those who recently have shown a surprising degree of tolerance to your ramblings.
My advice, as one who really cares for your well-being is, let it drop before it's too late !.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 23:35   #12
Full Member+

Keep the faith, YES, Support the team YES. Bad Luck does not wash at all. Too many tactical errors and wrong choices. As much as we want to get behind the club and team we have to face some football realities like we are not good enough in the league. The league must take priority over any cup games as these are the bonus. Again we have to ask why these same players can take on the bigger teams and raise their game as needed. Yet in the league at home sometimes I feel we have picked 11 strangers from the stand and said go and have a game. why can the manager not inspire them to respond when at home and usually this season a goal down? The questions have been asked and need to be answered.
Old 11-12-2016, 11:18   #13
Senior Member+

I keep hearing all this innuendo about "certain" players being favorites or not good enough / have a clear out.
I've only watched the team for the last two seasons and attended most games home and away.
If you're brave enough to question the Manager as a keyboard warrior name the players and say constructively who could come in and do a better job.
Just remember you don't see what happens in training Monday to Friday.
Be careful what you wish for ......... Coleman is a good fit for Accrington.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2016, 12:19   #14
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

A certain player has been named many times by quite a few,which yeh would be aware of if yeh read the forum regular Twenty Eight.
st06nc2 likes this.
Old 11-12-2016, 13:09   #15
Full Member+

The thread is not intended as a witch hunt against any individual player as such, We all have our opinions about the quality of some players. But it is blindingly obvious that something is not right behind the scenes in training. Why are players brought through from the academy never given a chance at Stanley? why are players like GTF just left on the bench, Brought on as a last 10 minutes to try and nick a goal. What has happened to Chris Eagles ? I know he is supposed to off dealing with family matters but even prior to that he hardly featured, Too many players are not getting a fair chance in the first team, Is the moral low among the players? If I was a player who kept getting overlooked I would be asking why. This team has not clicked in the league games, maybe some of them think they are too god for this league. We can not keep ignoring the indefensible. I know 3 or 4 wins will push us up the table butI can't see where these wins are coming from. The team lacks a killer instinct.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..