Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree78Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-01-2017, 16:56   #16

Re: Hartlepool match thread (H)

Blimey Chris - funny how people see matches differently. Reckon I disagree with pretty much everything you've written. E.g., Ref was reasonable in my opinion.

Would like to see Chapman come off his line more - if that's your complaint about keeping?
maccawozzagod likes this.
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 02-01-2017, 17:10   #17
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Didsbury View Post
Blimey Chris - funny how people see matches differently. Reckon I disagree with pretty much everything you've written. E.g., Ref was reasonable in my opinion.

Would like to see Chapman come off his line more - if that's your complaint about keeping?
I don't know what angle you saw the game from but the ref and liner on our patch were terrible. The decisions they gave against us in the first half were just downright bad. McConnville booking was shocking, He got the whole of the ball and then both players came together, No one claimed a foul, The linesman changed his mind. I am afraid Chapman is not the keeper he was and was responsible for not commanding his area much better for a keeper his size. He should have cleared the lines for the second goal. He could have easily put the ball out of play. The problem is we should never have been under so much pressure at that point in the match. we just backed off everything. On the Bright side the Don did have a decent game.
Chrisr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 17:11   #18
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Have to disagree also with chris, the ref did try to keep the game flowing, made a couple of bad ricks though, Pools 2nd goal the ball should NEVER have been crossed but super sean declined to put the tackle in. the fact he didn't dont detract from poor defending.
gpick24 likes this.
Old 02-01-2017, 17:17   #19

Don't know whether to laugh or cry?
Laugh, because we scored two goals and cry because we conspired to throw away our lead twice and two precious points.
Their first equaliser was a pinpoint cross onto the head of their forward, no more than one yard from our goal line, while Chapman stood frozen to the spot.
He could and should have either gathered or punched the ball before it landed but his indecision cost us a goal.
Their second was another shambles by the defence, with Chapman again floundering on the deck.
Hartlepool were only average but respect to them for coming back twice to earn a draw.
This season has proved there are no poor teams in league two and we are no better than any of them.
The only good thing you can say about today is that we didn't lose.
Lord Stiffupperlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 17:32   #20
Full Member+

The keeper parried for the second goal instead of holding or pushing over the bar. The ref allowed some awful fouls, He booked our players for nothing more than a decent tackle. yet it took two rough fouls on Jonno before he gave a yellow. he blew up inappropriately for fouls. He was in two minds whether to give the blatant penalty against Matty Pearson, He looked to the liner and who looked away and then awarded the penalty. The linesman on our side missed more offsides than were debatable. The officials were poor I am not the only one in the main stand who saw that. I don't usually berate Officials but we do seem to get more than our fair share of poor ones, maybe we are a secret training ground for them. But you are right the position we allowed ourselves to be put in is the problem.
Chrisr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 17:49   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Have to disagree also with chris, the ref did try to keep the game flowing, made a couple of bad ricks though, Pools 2nd goal the ball should NEVER have been crossed but super sean declined to put the tackle in. the fact he didn't dont detract from poor defending.
Just goes to show how bad a player McConville is. He was to blame for a goal conceded in the 88th minute when he'd been subbed on 70mins.
Thin Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 18:01   #22
Senior Member+

Once again THAT thought crossed my mind as I left the Crown at 5.00 pm....not one which I particularly enjoyed at the time and one that has niggles at me since !.
This being that watching the teams efforts for 90 + minutes, they are on today's showing, as a unit, just not good enough to rank as a League team !.
Now I know that this evaluation will receive a broadside or two from those whose opinions I respect, and perhaps as a simple statement which contains no analysis whatsoever, it might deserve them !....AND I do hope that this feeling is totally unfounded, but there it is !.

My wish is that at the end of next Saturday's Cup clash, I will have to reappraise my opinion,
I hope so !...and I am keeping the faith...just !.

QUO VADIS STANLEY ?.
andyd likes this.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 18:21   #23

First half fairly even although we looked more likely to score than of late, second we got joy down the right-hand side (O'Sullivan and Pearson) and looked dangerous. After our first goal they penned us in for a few minutes got their goal. Felt keeper could of claimed the looping cross for goal. It felt it should have been stopped somehow! The second equaliser felt like luck was against us with the free kick given on Hughes. From Clayton end can see why Sean was booked as he appeared to jump into the tackle. We benefitted from people getting up to use kee's knock downs.

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk
chevyfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 18:26   #24
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Didsbury View Post
Ggrrrr .. would like to see the decision against Hughes for the second goal. Was he pushed?
I like Hughes but he does seem to be at fault for a lot of crucial goals. Can't work out whether he is unlucky or a liability?

Anyway, team played half decent. Created more chances and skirmishes I thought.
Hughes was pushed, but the ref chose to only see that as a result of said push our lad touched the ball with his hand hence the free kick that should never have been given resulted in their equaliser - not that it should've been a surprise, the ref had a nightmare game, don't think he was biased just inept!
choirboy likes this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 18:29   #25
God Member

[QUOTE=yonmon;1184296]Once again THAT thought crossed my mind as I left the Crown at 5.00 pm....not one which I particularly enjoyed at the time and one that has niggles at me since !.
This being that watching the teams efforts for 90 + minutes, they are on today's showing, as a unit, just not good enough to rank as a League team !.
Now I know that this evaluation will receive a broadside or two from those whose opinions I respect, and perhaps as a simple statement which contains no analysis whatsoever, it might deserve them !....AND I do hope that this feeling is totally unfounded, but there it is !.

My wish is that at the end of next Saturday's Cup clash, I will have to reappraise my opinion,
I hope so !...and I am keeping the faith...just !.

QUO VADIS STANLEY ?.[/QUOT

I have to agree with you today we were 2 poor sides and we go in front twice and then totally lose all our shape and just can,t defend Coleman has a big job on if he is to bring any quality in during the window because we just have,nt replaced the quality that left in the summer, just hope their are 2 sides poorer than us and we manage to stay up because it,s going to be a long struggle you have got to win your home games but we just don,t look like can but 2017 is a New year let,s hope we see some improvement.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 18:40   #26
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thin Monkey View Post
Just goes to show how bad a player McConville is. He was to blame for a goal conceded in the 88th minute when he'd been subbed on 70mins.
😂

This forum in a nutshell.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 18:57   #27
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
😂

I was wrong was referring to the first goal, but still everyone can't be as clever as you.
Old 02-01-2017, 19:04   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
😂

Very cruel Shaker......but...Explains why you don't post on here very often anymore. As for the game......... Stanley continue to be good until the final third......As to league 2 this year, it's the poorest standard I can remember in recent years. Carlisle probably best of a bad bunch. The best footballing side are Portsmouth who continue to under perform against the poor sides they play each week. I think there are at least 2 poorer sides than Stanley this year, but our inability to convert chances is my biggest worry and surely our bad luck can't go on forever?
monkey hanger likes this.
Crown Grounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 19:26   #29

Went to the game today, after an absence due to work commitments and took my very knowledgeable footballing son, well he's far brighter than his Dad! We both thought Stanley played well although the goal keeper does worry me due to his indecision, were far better than Hartlepool and deserved to win. Thought the ref made a mistake which cost the Hartlepool equaliser. Overall I think we will be ok
Preston Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 19:48   #30
I am Banned

Speaking of keepers anyone know where parish has disappeared too?
st06nc2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..