Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree137Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-09-2017, 12:35   #151

Re: Sports Hub!

Just looked it up says he's UKIP !! Must have just been giving him grief because he opposed the Hub then ??
Shurm is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 27-09-2017, 12:39   #152
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Labour,UKIP. Independant, says it all about that piece of crap, he changes party to what happens to suit at the time, i wasn't even aware he was back with Labour? he switches that often, in fact i will be amazed if they accepted him back.
They have not accepted him back. He has just agitated an issue for his own personal political platform. I can't understand why anyone would vote for him in any party. He has not told the whole story on the hub issue. I am not affected either way so I have no axe to grind. I do believe people need to be fully aware of all the facts before any decision can be made. I questioned whee the money was coming from and Sport England was the answer. So if it is a betterment of facilities then perhaps it needs closer examination. On the issue of the fencing I was assured that it was there to stop dog fouling in the pitch area. I can understand that, I was also told the land would not be sold off and it would be free access to people. As I say I don't live there so I won't be involved in any way shape or form. Simply tell people the whole story and then let them make the decision. I am with Cashy on this Malcom Pritchard opportunist. Ignore him and ask the people who do have the facts.
cashman and Gremlin like this.
Chrisr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2017, 16:53   #153
God Member

As a supporter of the hub I was overjoyed that Pritchard threw his political weight behind the Save campaign. If they had any chance of succeeding it disappeared the moment they appointed him Chairman of the group
Old 27-09-2017, 19:24   #154
Senior Member+

He's probably expecting a back hander of Barrett's housing if he agreed to them building houses there. I know which I prefer.
cashman likes this.
Old 27-09-2017, 20:43   #155
Full Member+

With the Huncoat Housing Zone next door with a potential for 2k new houses under a maximum growth scenario I think it would be 7-10 years before housing would be built on the proposed hub site at the earliest.

There just isn't the demand for new builds in Hyndburn, hence very small new build delivery figures in the past. However as Gremlin suggests housing is likely to be there in the next generation with the Government's current 'direction of travel' and it won't matter what party is in power.

Use it or lose it.
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 10:05   #156
God Member

The Trust team held their public meeting last night. This was their turn to put across THE FACTS. It was an opportunity for the opposition to clarify the points to which they have concerns. It was the time for the truth to be told and myths dispelled. Supporters of the proposal held their breath, awaiting the swathe of public hostility (2500 signatures apparently). All the valuables in the bar were carefully hidden away (the nice glasses), and all sharp objects were removed.

By kick off time the door was heaving - in the gentle breeze!

33 people bothered to turn up.

Of those 33 at least 12 were either bar staff, ASCT or media. Of the remaining 21 i personally overheard at least 6 state they had been fence sitters but having heard the FACTS were now firmly behind it.

Sorry to the savers, but you had your opportunity and your 'overwhelming' petition has been reduced to nothing more than confetti paper.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20171011_183138.jpg (491.0 KB, 16 views)
AccyMad and chevyfire like this.
Old 12-10-2017, 10:59   #157

"Sorry to the savers, but you had your opportunity and your 'overwhelming' petition has been reduced to nothing more than confetti paper"

Yeah thats right Rob you can burn it as well on your Council Bonfire

Like I've always said its happening anyway no need to go on websites stirring it up Rob, just wait for it to be announced properly and people will have to accept it.
Old 12-10-2017, 11:21   #158
God Member

Fair enough Martin, just updating the thread and putting my opinion in.

I think we both agree it was always gonna happen but my bugbears have been with those without valid reason choosing to oppose. And the facebookers who said they knew nowt about it
Old 12-10-2017, 11:39   #159

I know mate, I think there is another meeting next week for the Residents but I think the decision might hinge on Fields In Trust I think that’s the only hope the Residents have really. I fully understand if you don’t live round here or your a Stanley Supporter or someone who just thinks it will benefit them or the Community your bound to want it, I want it just not across the road . (NIMBY)
Old 12-10-2017, 13:05   #160
Full Member+

This opposition no show don't surprise me 0ne bit, I went on a few marches to London and Edinburgh opposing the hunting ban, the turn out was in the thousands, the opposition lets say Stanley take more supporters to Yeovil. the point being it's easy to vote with your finger but when it comes to getting off your backside people ain't all that bothered.
chevyfire likes this.
ferret man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 13:49   #161
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

The meeting help my Councillor Pritchard was very well attended. I was there and the room was full and many standing.

I would have liked to have gone to this one but I was working.
Old 12-10-2017, 14:04   #162
God Member

Thats the thing though Neil, Pritchards meeting had around 150 people. As time has gone by the 'there for a nosey' have disappeared. The 'there because my mate was' have disappeared'. The 'there because i was told this ... ' have disappeared as FACTS have come out.

When their petition first started I found myself in the newsagents on Marlborough Road. I was asked if Id like to sign the petition against Stanleys new training ground ...
Old 12-10-2017, 15:41   #163

Next meeting is 19th October at St Josephs Church Hall 6.30-9.30 I bet theres a few more at this one.
Old 12-10-2017, 16:33   #164
God Member

I wonder if the trust have been invited to Mr.Pritchard's next meeting cos they weren't asked to attend the first one?
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 17:25   #165
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shurm View Post
Next meeting is 19th October at St Josephs Church Hall 6.30-9.30 I bet theres a few more at this one.

19th Martin? It'll be built by then!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..