Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree249Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-03-2017, 13:19   #46
I am Banned

Re: Season Tickets

Cardiff city season ticket for 16-21 yr old £99
st06nc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 08-03-2017, 13:48   #47
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by st06nc2 View Post
Cardiff city season ticket for 16-21 yr old £99
And...?
At Stenhousemuir a season ticket is free for U16, but that has nowt to do with Stanley as well.
baldy, cashman and yonmon like this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 13:59   #48
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
And...?
At Stenhousemuir a season ticket is free for U16, but that has nowt to do with Stanley as well.
If we want younger fans I then we've got too compete with other clubs I know Cardiff isn't near but even Blackburn and burnley concession tickets are cheaper than ours any wonder they'd rather go there instead, over the years I've even been tempted to go down the road, if it was still the old owners I would of but if we want more fans in then we have to have better prices than them and at the moment we don't, tbh I can never see us getting 1000 season tickets sold
st06nc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 14:02   #49
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

All well and good but the clubs yeh mention get far bigger gates than us,as do 90% of the football league, we have to exist, A.Holt whilst a great asset to Stanley, aint a bottomless pit.
AccyMad, baldy, Chrisr and 1 others like this.
Old 08-03-2017, 14:14   #50

'At Stenhousemuir a season ticket is free for U16, but that has nowt to do with Stanley as well.'

Similar situation to Stanley in some regards. They need to attract support when next door to 2 relative giants of Scottish football in Falkirk and The Shire and a short train ride away from the allure of the big City clubs.

Make an u-16 a fan and chances are you've a fan for life.
baldy and monkey hanger like this.
Inspector Morse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 19:25   #51

So has been the suggestion for the last 10 years.

It's a balancing act in the end - profit off them that come the odd game and snag those who may get hooked.

Last year had U12's for free with an adult season ticket - it'd be interesting to see how many of the U12's tickets survive this year now they have to be paid for.
monkey hanger likes this.
SamF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 21:21   #52
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspector Morse View Post
'At Stenhousemuir a season ticket is free for U16, but that has nowt to do with Stanley as well.'
Similar situation to Stanley in some regards. They need to attract support when next door to 2 relative giants of Scottish football in Falkirk and The Shire and a short train ride away from the allure of the big City clubs.
Obviously, with average gates of 404, it's working for Stenhousemuir.
But maybe your right, it must hard being so close to those 'Giants' of Scottish football Falkirk and East Stirlingshire
Revived Red likes this.
Old 08-03-2017, 22:10   #53
Senior Member+

Thinking ahead...I'd like to see us offer u12/u18 season ticket for sale at Christmas or even a deposit!

Some people struggle what to get kids and if we manage to shift a few at Christmas we should have more chance of flogging them a kit or shirt at same time...
chevyfire likes this.
baldy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 02:21   #54
Senior Member+

Difficult balancing act for the owners
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 08:21   #55
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldy View Post
Thinking ahead...I'd like to see us offer u12/u18 season ticket for sale at Christmas or even a deposit!

Some people struggle what to get kids and if we manage to shift a few at Christmas we should have more chance of flogging them a kit or shirt at same time...
Worth trying imho.
Old 09-03-2017, 08:47   #56
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Worth trying imho.
agree anything is worth trying and if it doesn,t come off you,ve lost nothing.
cashman likes this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 09:38   #57

'But maybe your right, it must hard being so close to those 'Giants' of Scottish football Falkirk and East Stirlingshire.'

I did say relative giants. It is pretty similar tho on a smaller scale to our position sandwiched between Bburn and Burnley. How do you convince a Stenny local to watch the Warriors in the bottom division when you could go to watch Falkirk in the SPL or top end Championship given each club only a couple of miles apart.

I may have overegged the analogy with The Shire.
Inspector Morse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 10:32   #58
God Member

[QUOTE=SamF;1189438]So has been the suggestion for the last 10 years.

It's a balancing act in the end - profit off them that come the odd game and snag those who may get hooked.

an ongoing topic every season is kids tickets. much harder for them to get hooked nowadays as the only thing you really get in the media is the premier league and then its the champions league. i imagine a lot of say 10 year olds will know more barcelona players than they do stanley ones if they dont come to the crown. then there,s a problem with them coming on their own or with mates.up to being 12 i used to go with my old man to games then with my mates. think a lot of parents wouldn,t allow their little dears to go to a game at that age nowadays so puts pressure on parents who have no interest in stanley. thank goodness i was from a football family and not one into ballet and the arts.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 19:13   #59

Given that Stanley probably get the same sort of % of population to the matches as your average town isn't the solution to increase the population of Accrington? Give people, say, a free library pass and bus travel for a year if they relocate ? How about getting all those Mexicans that Trump won't have to head for Lancashire instead? (Think of the wave that would have gone round the ground after Shay's beauty on Saturday. )Maybe put holes in all the condoms in vending machines?

Honestly. I don't know why I bother with you one dimensional thinkers.

Last edited by Lord Didsbury; 09-03-2017 at 19:14. Reason: Added cleverness
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 19:29   #60
God Member

Clearly it was a big mistake to get rid of all the hereditary peers from the Lords. With Lord Didders in power, things would really happen.
KiTChener likes this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..