Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

View Poll Results: Can we make the playoffs
Yes 18 64.29%
No 10 35.71%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree187Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-04-2017, 14:02   #181
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!
Re: Playoffs

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
If we make the playoffs I will leave accyweb.
Ooh you little scallywag you! Taunting folk with comments like that.
Old 23-04-2017, 15:27   #182
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
If we make the playoffs I will leave accyweb.
Come on you Reds!
Old 23-04-2017, 15:34   #183
God Member

[QUOTE=DAV007;1193058]If we make the playoffs I will leave accyweb.
[QUOTE]

I'm not religious, but it is Sunday. Can someone say a prayer for all of us?
AccyMad, cashman, Chimer and 4 others like this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2017, 18:30   #184
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
Oh well, maybe the end-of-season glory hunters will go to Ewood Park instead?
Not at all Exile. Like you they live away but would have stayed on the extra day if we had won at Newport. But I am more concerned who comes and goes for next season. If a miracle happens then great.
Chrisr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2017, 18:50   #185

After another season when we've won the respect of other league managers on a shoestring budget, I'll be amazed if they're not already beating a path to John Coleman's door with wads of cash in their back pockets.
I predict we'll be bidding a sad farewell to some of our better players come the end of the season.
The only compensation is that this time, we might actually get compensation.
monkey hanger likes this.
Lord Stiffupperlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2017, 18:14   #186
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimer View Post
Why all the doom and gloom? All we need to do is win the last two , and for any six of the seven things listed below to happen …….

Blackpool get 0 points – Notts Cty A, Leyton O H – not very likely
Stevenage get <= 1 – Yeovil A, us – losing at Yeovil lets us in, so not impossible
Carlisle get <= 2/3 – Newport H, Exeter A – quite likely to lose at Exeter, so OK
Wycombe get <= 2/3 – Morecambe A, Cambridge H – 2 draws quite possible
Mansfield get <= 2/3 - Portsmouth H, Crawley A – neither win easy
Colchester get <= 4, Leyton O A, Yeovil H – losing either lets us in
Cambridge get <= 4, Crawley H, Wycombe A – losing either lets us in

Where I’ve put <= 2/3, 3 would need us to have a better GD – not impossible in any of these cases as if we win both we must improve by 2 at least

On Stanley On!!
Well it wasn't that stupid .... if we'd won today (which I know we didn't, but looked quite feasible at half-time), all it would have needed was another win at Stevenage, and Colchester and Wycombe dropping points at home to Yeovil and Cambridge.

What would actually have happened in that situation, of course, is that Colchester would have drawn and Akinfenwa would have scored the winner for Wycombe, probably in injury time after the final whistle at Stevenage had signalled our victory and we'd invaded the pitch
AccyMad likes this.
Old 29-04-2017, 18:30   #187

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimer View Post
Well it wasn't that stupid .... if we'd won today (which I know we didn't, but looked quite feasible at half-time), all it would have needed was another win at Stevenage, and Colchester and Wycombe dropping points at home to Yeovil and Cambridge.

What would actually have happened in that situation, of course, is that Colchester would have drawn and Akinfenwa would have scored the winner for Wycombe, probably in injury time after the final whistle at Stevenage had signalled our victory and we'd invaded the pitch
Sorry, mate, lost you!
All I know is that we have survived another season, & I am more than happy with where we are!
KiTChener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2017, 12:48   #188
God Member

we can still have an influence on the play offs next saturday. pay back due.
AccyMad likes this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2017, 13:17   #189
God Member

Can't decide whether to go or not, I'd love to be there to witness their disappointment if they don't make it into the play offs & we've made that happen BUT, if they do get into the top seven not sure I could stomach being there - decisions, decisions??
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 09:47   #190
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
Can't decide whether to go or not, I'd love to be there to witness their disappointment if they don't make it into the play offs & we've made that happen BUT, if they do get into the top seven not sure I could stomach being there - decisions, decisions??
remember when you pay your entrance money it goes to stevenage f.c. would go if i could get a freebee.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 10:08   #191
God Member

If it was anywhere other than Stevenage I'd go in a heartbeat, even if there's nothing to play for - after all it's a lonnnnnngg summer with no Stanley fix but there's still the fact that even if it means handing 20 quid to Stevenage it's the last chance for a while to support our lads on the pitch - oh, flippin heck - wish I could be more decisive (or do I) . . .
Old 01-05-2017, 11:45   #192
Senior Member+

Get behind the club
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 12:07   #193
God Member

Change the record It was you who was saying the season's over before we played Luton?!
Wynonie Harris likes this.
Old 01-05-2017, 12:24   #194
Senior Member+

The season was over after the Luton game but it doesn't mean I stop suppporting the team and hopefully the manager will give some fringe players a game
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 12:24   #195
Full Member+

Get behind the club, he says. That's rich coming from someone who's predicting that we'll get beat 4 nil this coming Saturday.
Leylandii is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..