Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree69Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-03-2017, 16:32   #1

Morecambe - All's Well That Ends Well!

I predict a tragedy of Shakespearean proportions for Morecambe at the Globe Arena on Tuesday.

Revenge for the comedy of errors that saw us chuck away a 2-0 lead earlier in the season. A sending off that was much ado about nothing, the tempestuous relationship with Ellison that ended badly for us.

Measure for measure we are far better than them and the bookies agree. They see only one outcome in this war of the red rose: A taming of the Shrimps is 11/10.

Think we'll see Husin in for Brown, a cracking atmosphere and a clear but hard fought win as the Stanley juggernaut rolls on.

3-0. Just as I like it.
Lord Stiffupperlip likes this.
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 19-03-2017, 16:43   #2

Re: Morecambe - All's Well That Ends Well!

At least one ex-stanley player will score against us.

Just hope we can at least level them.
SamF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2017, 16:44   #3
I am Banned

Anything less than 3 point against the cockle pickers will be a disappointment
st06nc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2017, 16:47   #4
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Sadly i will have to miss this,n love going yon, booked a gig at preston before the fixtures came out, always was a lucky sod.
Old 19-03-2017, 17:19   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Didsbury View Post
I predict a tragedy of Shakespearean proportions for Morecambe at the Globe Arena on Tuesday.

Revenge for the comedy of errors that saw us chuck away a 2-0 lead earlier in the season. A sending off that was much ado about nothing, the tempestuous relationship with Ellison that ended badly for us.

Measure for measure we are far better than them and the bookies agree. They see only one outcome in this war of the red rose: A taming of the Shrimps is 11/10.

Think we'll see Husin in for Brown, a cracking atmosphere and a clear but hard fought win as the Stanley juggernaut rolls on.

3-0. Just as I like it.
Milord, Let's hope it's not A Comedy of Errors
monkey hanger likes this.
Lord Stiffupperlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2017, 18:31   #6
God Member

I'm gonna miss it too Cashy, once it got moved to a Tuesday night was always gonna be doubtful if I could make it - my annual trip to the seaside will have to switch location to Blackpool this season
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2017, 18:59   #7
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Didsbury View Post

3-0. Just as I like it.
I'll met by moonlight proud Didsbury !. Tomorrow we shall summon up the sinews, for now is the winter of our discontent made glorious summer by these sons of Coleman, and all the clouds that loured upon The Crown in the deep bosom of the ocean buried !.
However, beware the ides of March, for is not discretion the better part of valour ?.
Three-nil you say ?. Well a victory is twice itself when the achiever brings home full numbers....And that really is Much ado about nothing !.
There are more things in heaven and earth my Lord than are dreamt of in your philosophy !.

Goodnight sweet Prince...See you at Morecambe..

Adieu, adieu, adieu....Remember me !.

KTF !
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2017, 19:01   #8
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
I'm gonna miss it too Cashy, once it got moved to a Tuesday night was always gonna be doubtful if I could make it - my annual trip to the seaside will have to switch location to Blackpool this season
The lady doth protest too much methinks !.
Old 19-03-2017, 19:10   #9
Senior Member+

Let's hope their pitch is up to it.....
After three days of solid 'ELLISON' weather across the North West we need some dry days in order to allow us to play our super duper 'passing game' and play them of the park!
AccyMad and monkey hanger like this.
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2017, 19:11   #10
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonmon View Post
The lady doth protest too much methinks !.
Unfortunately Alan, work commitments will definitely prevent me from attending the Globe but then I missed the glorious win over Orient so if my absence yields the same result I'll be more than happy to forego the game
monkey hanger likes this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2017, 19:37   #11
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

My self and my lad will attending this one but I'll miss the pool game
Old 19-03-2017, 21:31   #12
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
Unfortunately Alan, work commitments will definitely prevent me from attending the Globe but then I missed the glorious win over Orient so if my absence yields the same result I'll be more than happy to forego the game
Forgive my lapse into Hamlet...got carried away !... I'll be getting bard if I'm not careful !.

Sorry you'll miss another game Di...perhaps the Grimsby game will make up for it !

KTF.
Old 20-03-2017, 05:25   #13
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

A somewhat curious thread considering the combination of Classic culture & Morecambe! Strange days indeed.
cashman, yonmon and monkey hanger like this.
Old 20-03-2017, 07:08   #14

From the Morecambe forum I have learnt two things:
1. Their pitch is in a sorry state
2. Their fans aren't overly confident

More news as it happens.
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2017, 07:37   #15
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonmon View Post
Forgive my lapse into Hamlet...got carried away !... I'll be getting bard if I'm not careful !.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..