Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree41Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-02-2018, 14:48   #91

Thumbs up Re: Harvey Rodgers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
Richards Everton makes way not Hughes. Clark injured so Dunne in at full back and Johnson moved forward.
Great, so he is fit enough to start. Like this back 4. Especially with Dunne getting a place. Assume big Ben on the bench. Our Back 4 needed sorting out, we've not been mean enough giving away goals at the back. Let's hope it does the trick.
Crown Grounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 04-02-2018, 08:56   #92
God Member

Re: Harvey Rodgers

thought harvey looked steady once he found his passing. looks short on match games though but i,m sure he will be up to speed in a couple of weeks.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 10:00   #93
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
thought harvey looked steady once he found his passing. looks short on match games though but i,m sure he will be up to speed in a couple of weeks.
His first 7 passes yesterday were all too opponents, not his fault, but he aint up to it yet.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 04-02-2018, 10:07   #94

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
His first 7 passes yesterday were all too opponents, not his fault, but he aint up to it yet.
Got to agree Cashy, although I thought he slowly improved as the game progressed.
Unfortunately, he wasn't alone in passing to the opposition yesterday.
Virtually all of our midfield & defenders gave too many gifts to Stevenage first-half.
Lord Stiffupperlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 10:07   #95

Quote:
Yes - looked a bit tentative and unsure of himself, needs time to get match fit and match sharp. Also don't think he was helped by Johnson struggling to turn when he received the ball and ended up playing a pass back to Harvey putting him under a bit of pressure. Johnson vastly improved when reverted to right back with Sousa to play up to

Still, it's great to have these options - Harvey will come good I'm sure
Tom D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 10:28   #96
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom D View Post
Yes - looked a bit tentative and unsure of himself, needs time to get match fit and match sharp. Also don't think he was helped by Johnson struggling to turn when he received the ball and ended up playing a pass back to Harvey putting him under a bit of pressure. Johnson vastly improved when reverted to right back with Sousa to play up to

I'm sure he will, really rate that lad, but to me needs a bit of time training with the lads,was put under unfair pressure i thought.
AccyMad likes this.
Old 04-02-2018, 10:35   #97
God Member

Quote:
I'm sure he will, really rate that lad, but to me needs a bit of time training with the lads,was put under unfair pressure i thought.
agree cashy, but if coley had put him on the bench there are some who,d be moaning about another new signing becoming a bench warmer like the others.
baldy likes this.
Old 04-02-2018, 10:38   #98
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
agree cashy, but if coley had put him on the bench there are some who,d be moaning about another new signing becoming a bench warmer like the others.
Makes no odds to me,should be whats best for the team. think it would be stupid to moan about such things when he only signed hours before.?
Old 04-02-2018, 11:24   #99
God Member

Quote:
Makes no odds to me,should be whats best for the team. think it would be stupid to moan about such things when he only signed hours before.?
think we have all moaned in the past about players constantly being picked whilst others remain on the bench. would not have bothered me if harvey was a sub yesterday but if we had lost there would have been some saying that we,ve payed money for a player and he never got a kick.
Old 04-02-2018, 12:20   #100
Senior Member+

Things might have been different if Jordan had passed his fitness test.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 13:07   #101
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Think Jordons gonna be out for a bit sadly.
Old 04-02-2018, 18:02   #102

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom D View Post

He's only a kid still 21 I think?? Going to take him time to get fit think we need to be patient with him
Old 04-02-2018, 19:20   #103
Senior Member+

A bit premature that Cashman.
Let's see what the scan reveals - if anything.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 19:32   #104
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Could be a hernia.
Old 04-02-2018, 20:17   #105
Senior Member+

Harvey looked a bit 'Rusty' early on and a lot of his passes went astray but his energy and enthusiasm were clearly visible for all to see.
IMHO he can only get better, especially as he now realises that he is playing for a manager and the Stanley supporters who totally BELIEVE in him and love him!
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..