Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree22Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-04-2017, 09:00   #1
Full Member+

Transfers ?

Is Fearsome Pearson leaving.
ferret man is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 26-04-2017, 11:22   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Transfers ?

Be surprised if he doesn't - but deal has to be right for the club.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2017, 15:47   #3
God Member

I think we start a new thread with 'official gossip' in regards Pearson, just to ramp up his price.

Jimmy Ryan to Real Zaragoza anybody?
Old 26-04-2017, 19:12   #4
Senior Member+

Pearson wanted by Colchester United
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2017, 20:10   #5
Full Member+

Pearson won't go to Colchester. If anything I think a championship club will come calling.
Chrisr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2017, 11:40   #6

Would be surprised if Pompey aren't interested.
Chrisr likes this.
SamF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2017, 19:48   #7
Full Member+

I don't know about transfers as we don't seem to use the good players we have on the bench week in week out. I would struggle to stay at a club that didn't give you a fair go. we have two players from the academy from last year and never kicked a ball in anger in the first team. Why they were not put out on loan to another club is a question to be answered. I hope we can sign players like Harvey Rodgers and a couple of others. Edwards has never had a run in the team to speak off but has done well when he was called on. We need to get a strong team together and some strong friendlies to get us in shape. we did suffer through the lack of quality opposition and no home games. Next season is the one. we will make it.
Old 28-04-2017, 14:06   #8
Senior Member+

No chance with Rodgers mate.
He can have his pick of at least three Championship clubs - or may even stay at Hull.
Chrisr and monkey hanger like this.
Old 28-04-2017, 14:07   #9
Senior Member+

Pearson has been tracked by far better clubs than Colchester.
Chrisr and monkey hanger like this.
Old 28-04-2017, 15:58   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisr View Post
I don't know about transfers as we don't seem to use the good players we have on the bench week in week out. I would struggle to stay at a club that didn't give you a fair go. we have two players from the academy from last year and never kicked a ball in anger in the first team. Why they were not put out on loan to another club is a question to be answered. I hope we can sign players like Harvey Rodgers and a couple of others. Edwards has never had a run in the team to speak off but has done well when he was called on. We need to get a strong team together and some strong friendlies to get us in shape. we did suffer through the lack of quality opposition and no home games. Next season is the one. we will make it.
I can understand the argument of not wanting to stay at a club that hasn't given you a go.

Over the years however the players who can't get a game for us tend to drop a league or two when they do leave.

Not many league teams want to sign someone "who can't even get a game for Accrington Stanley".
monkey hanger likes this.
SamF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2017, 08:51   #11
God Member

[QUOTE=SamF;

Over the years however the players who can't get a game for us tend to drop a league or two when they do leave.

has any of them really made a big impression either. shows they either weren,t up for it or not really good enough.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2017, 09:03   #12
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
I think we start a new thread with 'official gossip' in regards Pearson, just to ramp up his price.

Jimmy Ryan to Real Zaragoza anybody?
But would it last as long as Sean Mac's thread? The bar has been set high
Chrisr likes this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 19:42   #13
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamF View Post
I can understand the argument of not wanting to stay at a club that hasn't given you a go.

Not many league teams want to sign someone "who can't even get a game for Accrington Stanley".
I would say that used to be the case but we all know we have players who are more than capable holding down a place in the first team if they are given a decent chance. Sadly those who do leave and were good enough tend to come back to bite you in the backside.
Old 02-05-2017, 19:46   #14
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
No chance with Rodgers mate.
He can have his pick of at least three Championship clubs - or may even stay at Hull.
I have no doubt Harvey will be playing at a much higher level in the near future. I don't think he is quite up to premier league standard yet but championship at least. He is one for the future and if Hull do decide to sell him he will be a big money transfer. I am glad we had him here for as long as we have.
Old 03-05-2017, 08:38   #15

'I would say that used to be the case but we all know we have players who are more than capable holding down a place in the first team if they are given a decent chance.'

Who are you thinking of? Only one that springs to my mind is Edwards.
Chrisr likes this.
Inspector Morse is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..