Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree685Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 31-08-2017, 20:29   #466

Re: Signings

In fairness to Twenty Eight his comment about Jungle Drums seemed obviously like some sort of joke. Not hilarious, but clearly not serious. I'd put it down to an Internet misunderstanding.

Anyway, whilst it's yet to be seen how good the loanees are, I've got a feeling in me bones that Coley has got the missing pieces to his jigsaw. Div 1 here we come!!!
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 31-08-2017, 20:50   #467

To add some background to Twenty Eight's remark: someone equally innocuously used the term "jungle drums" a few years at a council meeting which bizarrely led to an allegation of racism. An investigation was held, at great expense, and the allegation was upheld. A later judgement (presumably more wasted money) overturned the ruling.
Old 31-08-2017, 21:10   #468
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Didsbury View Post
To add some background to Twenty Eight's remark: someone equally innocuously used the term "jungle drums" a few years at a council meeting which bizarrely led to an allegation of racism. An investigation was held, at great expense, and the allegation was upheld. A later judgement (presumably more wasted money) overturned the ruling.
And what, other than a waste of public money to the sound of political jungle drums, do we expect from councillors, lawyers, and judges ?
monkey hanger likes this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2017, 21:19   #469
God Member

One more in, defender Callum Johnson from Middlesbrough - been a busy day for Coley, welcome to Stanley
monkey hanger likes this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2017, 21:48   #470
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by twenty eight View Post
oh please - you say i don't get your humour - well guess what ? You don't get mine !!!
q e d !
Revived Red likes this.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2017, 22:37   #471
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Didsbury View Post
In fairness to Twenty Eight his comment about Jungle Drums seemed obviously like some sort of joke. Not hilarious, but clearly not serious. I'd put it down to an Internet misunderstanding.

Anyway, whilst it's yet to be seen how good the loanees are, I've got a feeling in me bones that Coley has got the missing pieces to his jigsaw. Div 1 here we come!!!

I don't need jungle drums and by the way that is racist and you should be banned.[/QUOTE]

Now LD it's your turn to elucidate and tell us all just where the humour exists or is implied in this sentence ?.
In no way could anyone accept it as an internet understanding, being nothing but cheap and thoughtless words intended to hurt an innocent contributor to our forum.

I totally agree that there is no hilarity whatsoever in the line... and in the absence of this I
would repeat that asking for AccyMad to be banned from our Forum is quite clearly a serious move !.
KiTChener and cashman like this.
Old 31-08-2017, 22:53   #472
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonmon View Post
I don't need jungle drums and by the way that is racist and you should be banned.

Now LD it's your turn to elucidate and tell us all just where the humour exists or is implied in this sentence ?.
In no way could anyone accept it as an internet misunderstanding, being nothing but cheap and thoughtless words intended to hurt an innocent contributor to our forum.

I totally agree that there is no hilarity whatsoever in the line... and in the absence of this I
would repeat that asking for AccyMad to be banned from our Forum is quite clearly a serious move !.[/QUOTE]

NB. Slight correction !!..
Wynonie Harris likes this.
Old 01-09-2017, 06:49   #473

If I said that Accymad should be banned because she's gone blackface with her profile photo and that's racist (ie, her picture of a penguin) I'd assume people would not take that as a serious allegation of racism? They might then conclude it was some very poor attempt at humour since no other explanation exists.

The humour may be directed at the lunacy in which some innocent words or acts lead to allegations of racism these days. Rather than humour intended to be levelled at Accymad.

As I said, the Internet is not a great place in which to understand what was implied. I can understand why Accymad was appalled about what was written by the way. Maybe if Twenty Eight had followed up with a clarification that would have helped considerably.
yonmon likes this.
Old 01-09-2017, 08:07   #474
God Member

jungle drums eh. i,ll have to stop watching lex barker and johnny weismuller from now on.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 08:07   #475
Senior Member+

If 28's "you should be banned" was meant as a joke, and I think on reflection it probably was, a smiley might have helped to make that clear. Without one, my first reaction to 28 (who regularly annoys me anyway with his implications of insider knowledge) having a go at Di (who generally makes me laugh) was actual anger.

It's not what you say, it's the way you say it.
MikeA, AccyMad, KiTChener and 2 others like this.
Old 01-09-2017, 08:38   #476
Senior Member+

How am I supposed to know who you all are ?
I didn't even know Accymad was a female ! Not that it makes the slightest bit of difference.
Smileys ? Too old for that rhubarb.
Clearly I am an annoyance and just rub you lot up the wrong way.
Every time I put anything you have a jibe - but that's acceptable.
I poke a bit of fun back and I'm ...........................
Happy to apologise to "Di" if she's taken it personally as an official request (as if).
So let's make it easy. I said before I'd leave the forum so that's what I'll do and just leave my membership in read only format.
Adios.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 08:46   #477
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by twenty eight View Post
how am i supposed to know who you all are ?
I didn't even know accymad was a female ! Not that it makes the slightest bit of difference.
Smileys ? Too old for that rhubarb.
Clearly i am an annoyance and just rub you lot up the wrong way.
Every time i put anything you have a jibe - but that's acceptable.
I poke a bit of fun back and i'm ...........................
Happy to apologise to "di" if she's taken it personally as an official request (as if).
So let's make it easy. I said before i'd leave the forum so that's what i'll do and just leave my membership in read only format.
Adios.
q e d.
Old 01-09-2017, 08:52   #478
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
One more in, defender Callum Johnson from Middlesbrough - been a busy day for Coley, welcome to Stanley
Welcome to the Stanley, Mr. Johnson.
Let's now get back to the real business of football: winning matches.
AccyMad, yonmon and monkey hanger like this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 10:23   #479

�� | Following the expiry of his short-term contract, goalkeeper Simon Bloch Jorgensen has left the club
Old 01-09-2017, 11:45   #480
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dav1d View Post
�� | Following the expiry of his short-term contract, goalkeeper Simon Bloch Jorgensen has left the club
As far as i know thats complete balls! he left Before his Short Term Contract expired i was told.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..