Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree24Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-07-2017, 13:35   #1
I am Banned

Oldham

📋| TEAM NEWS: Stanley XI: GK - Trialist, Pearson, Beckles, Richards-Everton, Donacien, Conneely, Nolan, Clark, Jackson, McConville, Kee.
st06nc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 22-07-2017, 14:19   #2
I am Banned

Re: Oldham

16' - Stanley take the lead! Billy Kee heads home from a Liam Nolan curled ball into the box! (1-0)
Old 22-07-2017, 14:48   #3
I am Banned

��| HALF-TIME: Stanley 1-0 @OfficialOAFC. Kee's header is the difference at the break!
Old 22-07-2017, 15:09   #4
Senior Member+

Any idea who the keeper is
Old 22-07-2017, 15:17   #5
I am Banned

1-1 as Oldham equalise from the spot. Davies netting the penalty after Nolan handled his header in the box
Old 22-07-2017, 15:34   #6
I am Banned

72' - Stanley regain the lead! McLeod caps an electric run with a shot from distance which thunders off the post and into the net! (2-1)
Old 22-07-2017, 15:46   #7
I am Banned

86' - Oldham equalise. Courtney Duffus goes on a driving run before powering an effort beyond the goalkeeper. (2-2)
Old 22-07-2017, 15:49   #8
I am Banned

��| FULL-TIME: Stanley 2-2 @OfficialOAFC. Duffus' late goal means it ends all square! Cracking game��
Old 22-07-2017, 16:12   #9
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Overall a good display thought we coulda easy been 2 up at half time, Oldham were better second half, first half was defo ours, thought defence did well today,Oldhams equaliser came from a freekick that was 20 yards in front of were it shoulda been, if this hadn't been a friendly i'd be blazing at the stupid ref.edwards scored a good goal but was given offside.
Old 22-07-2017, 16:52   #10
Full Member+

Overall it was a game we should have won by halftime. we had created enough chances to be at least 2/3 up at the break. we were less than clinical but we were the better team in the first half. It was promising. Second half was a better test for us and we were stretched by some of their subs who were better than the first half players they replaced. We did well to keep them out as much as we did. We were ok over the 90 mins. A few areas to tighten up on. The trialist keeper was reasonably good in his distribution and reading of the game. I do feel he should have done a bit better for the goal that went in. Perhaps I have been spoilt by watching Rodak. There has been a marked improvement in the side since Wednesday. so I am more confident as each game goes by. A decent crowd and a nice day, Just a pity we did not get the win as we were good for it over the 90 mins. some of the refereeing was a bit questionable but I think there will be plenty of that over the season. away to Southport next.

Last edited by Chrisr; 22-07-2017 at 16:59.
Chrisr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2017, 16:54   #11

Thanks to the club, John, Jimmy & the team for putting on such a great pre-season menu of friendlies.
You certainly saved the best till last!
Without doubt the best team performance I have witnessed so far, reminded me of our 'nearly' season when we played some superb one-touch football.
I thought the team selection for the first half could not be bettered & we completely dominated a very capable league 1 side.
The defence never put a foot wrong & the new 'trialist' goalkeeper really impressed me, quickly anticipating any danger & snuffing it out.
Oldham upped their game in the second half, but we more than matched them & our overall performance was well worthy of league 1.
To lead twice shows how well we commanded the game.
The most worthy praise always comes from the enemy, so I quote this line overheard from one Oldham fan to his mate after the match;
'They're a good team to play because they like to play proper football'
I rest my case!
Lord Stiffupperlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2017, 17:58   #12
God Member

Clearly, this pre-season has something to offer all three types of Stanley fans.
Those who think the glass is half full, those who think it's half empty, and those who don't have a glass 'cos they're boycotting the pub.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2017, 18:05   #13
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisr View Post
All round a good pre season for us, We can go up this season.
Agreed! Reckon we've acquitted ourselves well over the four home matches against higher league opposition. We certainly should have won today and their final goal was somewhat against the run of play. Really pleased with our new signings. I don't know how much notice bookies take of friendly matches, but I've noticed our promotion odds have shortened somewhat over the last couple of weeks, which tells its own story!
cashman and Chrisr like this.
Old 22-07-2017, 19:00   #14
Senior Member+

It's coming together.
Got to cut out the individual mistakes. Better to make them now I guess than when the season starts.
Clark was a constant menace - against a full back who cost a few quid from a now Premiership outfit.
Just wish we had a Courtney Duffus forward. He looks the part.
cashman likes this.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2017, 20:11   #15

So after the four home friendlies, anyone care to guess the starting XI for the first league match?
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..