Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree51Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-08-2017, 15:52   #61
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Yeovil

Mcleod on 88 mins just saying.
Old 12-08-2017, 15:58   #62
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

All over 3-2 big disappointment
Old 12-08-2017, 15:59   #63

On the plus side we are scoring and making chances. Also on the plus side we could have a good defence if the two central defenders had played and we get a better keeper.

The negative is but a minor setback and a few dropped points.
Chrisr likes this.
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 15:59   #64
God Member

Silly stupid round ball game. #^%&*^*@^%%&)^*
AccyMad likes this.
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 16:09   #65

Big Ben scores against PNE then gets dropped?
The Great Dane plays a blinder, so he plays Chapman?
Puts on a sub in the 89th minute?
Sounds like another Coleman's balls!
Chrisr likes this.
Lord Stiffupperlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 16:29   #66

Could just be the alleged virus that has laid some player low Lord S? Big Ben might have been one who wasn't feeling great. Perplexed about the goalie situation - I think we've seen enough of Chappers (god bless him) to know he's not the answer.
monkey hanger likes this.
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 16:38   #67
God Member

Bit of a hangover from Tuesday maybe, coupled with enforced changes to the defence - disappointing but just a blip, I'm sure we'll be fine
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 16:49   #68
Full Member+

It just seems that Yeovil are one of the bogey teams we can't seem beat when needed. Today the team selection was a puzzle unless as others have said there is a bug in the camp affecting players. To sub in the 89th minute when chasing a game is poor. Unless it is for injury. But we must concentrate on West Brom. It just sticks in the throat that we lost to a team who leaked 8 goals against Luton last week. When the reports of the second half have been printed, We by all accounts dominated without actually scoring. Coley has to look at this very seriously and quickly. I hope the lure of the West Brom Game did not distract the team. A lot to think about.
Lord Stiffupperlip likes this.
Chrisr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 16:52   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Didsbury View Post
Could just be the alleged virus that has laid some player low Lord S? Big Ben might have been one who wasn't feeling great. Perplexed about the goalie situation - I think we've seen enough of Chappers (god bless him) to know he's not the answer.
Both Richards-Everton & Jorgensen were on the bench, so they must have been fit to play?
Will await the match reports with interest, but was scratching my head when I saw the team selection today.
According to the BBC sports app, Forbes was subbed at half time due to an injury.
Lord Stiffupperlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 16:58   #70
God Member

Talking Re: Yeovil

Due to being in Yeovil we wont have taken a full squad so perhaps sick players were named as subs regardless?

Nowt to worry about just yet but a nice early reminder that we're not going to run away with the league
AccyMad, yonmon and Chrisr like this.
Old 12-08-2017, 17:04   #71
God Member

Here we go, clarification
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot_20170812-180124.jpg (91.9 KB, 56 views)
AccyMad likes this.
Old 12-08-2017, 17:11   #72

"But we must concentrate on West Brom"

Can I ask why ??
AccyMad, cashman and yonmon like this.
Old 12-08-2017, 17:29   #73

Concentrate on Mansfield.
[
Inspector Morse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 19:05   #74
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Didsbury View Post
On the plus side we are scoring and making chances. Also on the plus side we could have a good defence if the two central defenders had played and we get a better keeper.

The negative is but a minor setback and a few dropped points.
I've read everything now. Goalkeeper and four defenders equals five and you're saying if 3 of them play well we'd have a good defence.
No **** Sherlock !!!!
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 19:39   #75
God Member

Despite finding a good pub to eat afore the game, Mrs Exile and me are getting to dislike trips to Yeovil.
Professor Coleman's summary was, as often the case, spot on.
The only consistent feature of the game was the utter inconsistency of the ref, who was poor for 90 minutes. At one point he penalised The Don for taking a throw-in ten, maybe fifteen yards further up than where the ball went out (which was virtually on the half way line). He gave the throw to Yeovil. Some free kicks be taken two yards further back. And yet the free kick that gave Yeovil their first goal was from an alleged foul right next to their corner flag, but he allowed their keeper to take it almost level with the 18 yard box.
Maybe Stanley's problem was scoring first early. It was at that time when the game hadn't really settled, and it was as if the Men in Red thought their work was done, so they sat back only to let Yeovil run them ragged for 30 minutes. They were first to every ball and were knocking Stanley's players off the ball for fun. That first half spell was as bad as I've seen Stanley teams play for a while. Ooh, at least for a few months.
Invidious to pick out individuals for criticism as, in the second half, everyone bucked their ideas up and turned the game around.
Biggest plus point was the developing rapport between Billy Kee and Kayden Jackson - watch Stanley's second goal for example. Jackson also took the first really well; it was far from, as the BBC website claimed, "a tap in". He has that poacher's way about him.
Hardly recognised the new, lithe CB - Mark Hughes must have shed a stone and was running around like a young buck.
And finally, great performance from Reagan Oz Ogle. He had a very tricky winger to deal with and, after a few goes, really got to grips with him. He contributed a lot to the game and is worth his place for his throw-ins alone.
Not that the others not mentioned played badly in the second half.
Talking to a neutral after the game we agreed a draw would have been a fair result. But, as we all know, life and football ain't fair.
First Objective: Survival.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..