Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree67Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-08-2017, 16:20   #46
Senior Member+

Re: Stags thread

Always thought that Danny Rose was a half-decent striker... but after his diving antics yesterday which once or twice put the efforts of Tom Daley slightly in the shade, my opinion of him now is as low as a corn on the sole of a flat-footed pygmy !.

Referee-wise, as well as the other well spotted shortcomings already noted in this thread, his response to the several occasions where simulated injury was enacted by the despicable Rose and other Mansfield players was woeful to say the least !..his slap-on-the-wrist treatment is totally inadequate where this behaviour is concerned, particularly when the FA is attempting to put an end to these aberrations . His protracted discussions with the players involved must have added 5 minutes to the game and had no effect on their behaviour whatsoever.. like him, a total waste of time !.

But well done to the team and their Managers..better days for us all to look forward to !.

ON STANLEY...ON TO EVEN GREATER THINGS !

ps... Alfred.E is back !.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 20-08-2017, 16:59   #47
Senior Member+

Surely sub judice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nige b View Post
What actually happened?
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2017, 18:50   #48

Unlikely that simply telling what you might believe the alleged offence to be on a minor forum will seriously prejudice the court case. We know it's GBH outside a club. Also, "without intent" (which I assume means they didn't go chasing some innocent bystander down a street and duff him up).

Be interesting to see if that coincided with Billy's issues last year as it happened in January.
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2017, 19:03   #49
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Didsbury View Post
Unlikely that simply telling what you might believe the alleged offence to be on a minor forum will seriously prejudice the court case.
If you read the question again, it was "What actually happened?"

I would have thought that even you could understand the difference between that question and your banal "simply telling what you might believe the alleged offence to be".
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2017, 07:59   #50
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dav1d View Post
seen it stonewaller for me.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2017, 08:14   #51
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Have to say i agree with most of it, thought a point was a fair result, though aint complaining about 3,
agreed though if he had given the penalty things might have been different. for me their goal was fair. 50/50 chance and if the same had happened to us i,d be annoyed if it was chalked off. keeper must have full control of the ball.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2017, 08:58   #52
Senior Member+

Another Mansfield report, a bit lacking in spelling and punctuation but includes a longer video at the end: http://www.mtfcmatters.co.uk/mm-blog...nley-2-1-stags
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2017, 09:47   #53
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeA View Post
Another Mansfield report, a bit lacking in spelling and punctuation but includes a longer video at the end: The Nitty Gritty: Accrington Stanley 2-1 Stags - Mansfield Matters:For The Fans, By The Fans!
I think a Dingle musta wrote that!
MikeA likes this.
Old 21-08-2017, 09:52   #54

I know we have had a couple of clowns in the past but

"really gone for the Stanley juggler"
Old 21-08-2017, 10:02   #55
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Casper View Post
I know we have had a couple of clowns in the past but

"really gone for the Stanley juggler"
If we have a juggler, Mansfield have the clown in that nice Mr. Evans
cashman and monkey hanger like this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2017, 10:27   #56

Ref allowed himself to be intimidated by Evans and had a shocker in the first half, to be fair he composed himself for the second half after the steward got Evans to behave.

I think Coley was correct when he said to the the fourth official that he err "scared of him"
widnes viking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2017, 10:51   #57
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
I think a Dingle musta wrote that!
He must be easy to find if he can write, however badly!

Last edited by Exile on Spencer St; 21-08-2017 at 10:53.
Exile on Spencer St is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2017, 11:15   #58
God Member

Interesting booking for Hughes. I don't believe him to be a 'diver' and it seems he got booked for being elbowed in the face, in full view of the ref.
Picture is blurred but suggests a raised arm flung back towards Hughes head.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg image.jpeg (18.1 KB, 15 views)
Exile on Spencer St is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2017, 11:32   #59
God Member

That's the way it looked to us on Saturday Exile, I think Hughes' booking was for protesting to the ref for not doing anything about the foul, seems according to Mr.Bond it's ok to commit such a foul but if you dare to question him about it it's woe betide!!
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2017, 11:45   #60
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
That's the way it looked to us on Saturday Exile, I think Hughes' booking was for protesting to the ref for not doing anything about the foul, seems according to Mr.Bond it's ok to commit such a foul but if you dare to question him about it it's woe betide!!
Theres been some very poor officials at Stanley no doubt but yon mon takes the biscuit, I find it VERY hard to accept he is that poor, so to me it only leaves 1 explanation. if we had lost people would be going spare, but this should not be ignored cos we won the match imho.
monkey hanger likes this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..