Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree41Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-08-2017, 20:46   #61
God Member

Re: Shoot the Magpies !.

Top of the league can,t knock that bit of a worry size of squad with McLeod likely 3 match ban and Ben hopefully will be alright great result though well done lads and Coley will surely bring more in this week roll on Morecambe game.
monkey hanger likes this.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 25-08-2017, 20:47   #62
God Member

Nurse, blood pressure pills all round.
Well done Stanley, great start for Mr. Wilks. Bad news for Big Ben though?
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2017, 20:50   #63
God Member

What a second half!! Well done lads, rescued a result when it was looking pretty bleak & put us top of the league if only till tomorrow - bloody well played Reds
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2017, 20:50   #64
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Considering the clown in charge Boynson. i regard tonight as a great result, well done reds, outa curiosity who was MoM? listening to radio i would give it Chappers.
Old 25-08-2017, 20:55   #65
God Member

The Notts Post site (courtesy of MikeA) said Chapman made the difference. And that the ref was roundly booed off the field.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2017, 20:57   #66
God Member

When I've calmed down I can get round to watching tonight's Corrie - flamin Friday night football plays havoc with my routines
Old 25-08-2017, 21:11   #67

2-0 down!
Reduced to 10 men!
Bet those Magpies thought Colonel Bogey had finally been laid to rest.
But they didn't count on the 'never-say-die' spirit of our boys.
What a start for Wilks! Comes on in the 80th minute & saves the day, then almost wins it in the dying seconds.
BL**DY BRILLIANT!
Lord Stiffupperlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2017, 21:16   #68

Terrific spirit from the Stanley boys, Wilkes a superb finish after a Sykes nod on for an unlikely point. Once it went 10 vs 10 we were all over them. Chappers MOM by a country mile, let's get behind this lad, he needs to keep building his confidence. McLeod terribly unlucky to be sent off, he was rightly fuming. A really good point against one of the better Notts teams of recent years.
Phil Whalley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2017, 00:03   #69

Best goalkeeping performance by any Accy stopper in many a year. Not a vintage performance but sheer bloody mindedness salvaged a point.
AccyMad likes this.
Old 26-08-2017, 07:36   #70
Senior Member+

Richards shoulder popped back in and he's talking of being back in two weeks - subject to scan he's having today.
Squad suddenly looks shallow so a big few days in the run up to deadline. All the talk is Davies back and we're still trying to persuade Rodak to come back.
Good performance from Chapman last night. I thought our sending off was right if I'm honest - it looked high and dangerous. However he was pulled back just before and should have got a free kick.
Really can't be bothered to comment on the ref - so bad for both sides.
Jackson can't buy a penalty - he got wrong side of defender and most blatant one I've seen in a long time.
Just a word for the hardy souls in the stand - great support.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2017, 08:24   #71
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
Richards shoulder popped back in and he's talking of being back in two weeks - subject to scan he's having today.
Squad suddenly looks shallow so a big few days in the run up to deadline. All the talk is Davies back and we're still trying to persuade Rodak to come back.
Good performance from Chapman last night. I thought our sending off was right if I'm honest - it looked high and dangerous. However he was pulled back just before and should have got a free kick.
Really can't be bothered to comment on the ref - so bad for both sides.
Jackson can't buy a penalty - he got wrong side of defender and most blatant one I've seen in a long time.
Just a word for the hardy souls in the stand - great support.
As the big Dane gone and is Davies not in Jackett,s plans has he has been on the bench in all 3 games so far.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2017, 08:44   #72
Senior Member+

Keeper was never under contract and yes he's gone.
I have no idea whether Davies is in their plans or not.
Must be a chance of it happening no smoke without fire.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2017, 08:57   #73
God Member

Well, when Jorgensen signed up it did say it was on a short term deal - didn't realise just how short but seems he was just a stop gap & can only assume that if he's gone already we'll have news of another keeper coming in very soon
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 26-08-2017, 09:03   #74
Senior Member+

Highlights: Notts County 2-2 Accrington | Video | Watch TV Show | Sky Sports

How was Kayden not given a penalty?
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2017, 09:25   #75
God Member

How was Kayden not given a penalty?[/QUOTE]

obvious push from the camera angle but maybe not from where the ref was. sendings off and their penalty looked correct. need to bring a portugese actor into the club to coach our lads how to go down in the box to get our ist.penalty.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..