Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree65Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-09-2017, 18:44   #31

Re: Morecambe V Stanley Match Thread

Sat high up in stand and got different perspective from normal view. Thing that really struck me was Jackson's movement that I hadn't appreciated before. Very impressed with him today
Jeg Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 02-09-2017, 18:53   #32
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Have to say Barry Roche demonstrated once again why he is the "Best" keeper in League 2 IMHO
Old 02-09-2017, 19:02   #33
God Member

Smile Re: Morecambe V Stanley Match Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
By a country mile Acci were the better team,with Billy on top form.

I am afraid Morecambe played into Accis hands by playing a flat back four with a CB in centre mid.after playing back three in all previous games.
Movement off the ball opened us Morecambe time and time again and it really should have been 3 up at half time.
Ironically they went to three at the back after the sending off and the game became more even.
Hughes for me was head and shoulders above everyone on the pitch and he looks in great shape.
Different players,but same system and it works !!!
You need to be careful what you are saying my friend

yonmon likes this.

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 19:03   #34
Senior Member+

A different perspective from ' Shrimpsvoices '...

Today however, was one of those games. Stanley were definitely the better team in the first half and our frontline didn't seem to be gelling and we were getting players clustered in bad parts of the pitch and leaving gaps down the middle. Second half, it looked like Jim had given them a lift and the team were settling much better and looking really threatening. That shocking red card killed it. One footed, studs down and won the ball! The only thing wrong I thought was it was a tad forceful, but that's essentially inevitable from a bloke the size of Oliver. Then that bloody penalty appeal he waved away on McGowan. I will never know how that was not awarded. That coupled with the ignoring of all the climbing on our CBs and the non stop niggly fouls on our forward players that when committed on Stanley players seemed to be given every time, it was a complete utter joke. Truly disgraceful refereeing and it ruined the game.

You see, it really is a matter of which brand of red-coloured spectacles you are wearing !...
And if you like sucking on sour grapes !.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 19:11   #35
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Have to say Barry Roche demonstrated once again why he is the "Best" keeper in League 2 IMHO
As we agreed !.. and it was good to be standing next to one of my favourite senior citizens this afternoon..or was it an owd fart to use your own turn of phrase !..whichever, we must do it again sometime soon !.

ON STANLEY ON.. TO EVEN GREATER THINGS !.
cashman likes this.
Old 02-09-2017, 19:39   #36
Senior Member+

Oops ........

Last edited by Chimer; 02-09-2017 at 19:44. Reason: Wrong thread!!!
Chimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 19:40   #37
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonmon View Post
A different perspective from ' Shrimpsvoices '...

Today however, was one of those games. Stanley were definitely the better team in the first half and our frontline didn't seem to be gelling and we were getting players clustered in bad parts of the pitch and leaving gaps down the middle. Second half, it looked like Jim had given them a lift and the team were settling much better and looking really threatening. That shocking red card killed it. One footed, studs down and won the ball! The only thing wrong I thought was it was a tad forceful, but that's essentially inevitable from a bloke the size of Oliver. Then that bloody penalty appeal he waved away on McGowan. I will never know how that was not awarded. That coupled with the ignoring of all the climbing on our CBs and the non stop niggly fouls on our forward players that when committed on Stanley players seemed to be given every time, it was a complete utter joke. Truly disgraceful refereeing and it ruined the game.

You see, it really is a matter of which brand of red-coloured spectacles you are wearing !...
And if you like sucking on sour grapes !.
Shrimpsvoices should look at the stats they had 10 shots 1 on Target. Stanley Had 21 with 6 on target,and if they look at the stats for corners @ Fouls they musta had their eyes shut mosta the 90 mins.
Old 02-09-2017, 20:01   #38
Senior Member+

Had to make a choice tonight........?
Watch Spain v Italy in a world cup qualifier or Post on Accy Web.....?
NO CONTEST....!
.......So here I am commenting on today's match v Morecambe

A frenetic match high in intensity from the start....
New keeper Stryjek went down bravely to save his new team from going a goal down after only eight minutes and got somewhat twisted between others legs and hurt a Hamstring!
Chapman came on with massive pressure on him again!
Stanley largely dominated the match throughout the first half but did not take their chances until Billy tried a speculative shot on the run which bounced just in front and wide of Barry Roche and found its way into the bottom corner to give Stanley the lead they deserved!

The second half started with Morecambe putting on some pressure and then Oliver lunged in to a tackle a bit 'over stretched' and got what seemed to be a somewhat slightly harsh red card. Morecambe though still worked hard and with Stanley trying to exploit their numerical advantage the match became a real 'End to End' affair!
The match had been played at a frantic pace with Stanley playing their 'Expansive' passing style of football from the start and it took its toll on the Morecambe defenders as they began to tire towards the end. It seemed only a matter of time before Stanley would make the game safe by scoring a second goal especially as 'New Legs' had been introduced with Wilkes 'Up Front'. It took until the ninetieth minute for the glorious breakthrough to happen with the tireless running of Kayden Jackson setting up Jordan Clarke for the winning goal!
Billy Kee had been superb for Stanley holding the ball up and winning 'Tons of Headers' but Jackson and Clarke had been at the heart of all of Stanley's great work up front and they both deserved the reward of making and scoring the winning goal for the Stanley! Jackson was shattered after seventy minutes but kept on running with skill and determination at Morecambe's defence and Clarke had been very dangerous going forward but had also worked extremely hard defensively too!
The new boys Rawson and Thorniley had good games and kept up with the frantic League Two pace! Coneely was at his best as the Central Hub once more. Nolan had a super match in midfield showing good skill in link up play and excellent combativity. Donacien was as cool as a cucumber at right back and I will say once again that I rate him very highly! He has pace, skill, a deft touch, gets forward athletically but can chase back quickly too and my daughter thinks he is really good looking as well!
When Wilkes came on he added even more physical energy to our front line and he too looks like he can go along way in the game. After the final whistle he really endeared himself to the Stanley Faithful by throwing himself into the arms of some of our fans!
One player stood out for me though as he was totally imperious and that was Mark Hughes!
I have a new name for Mark Hughes.........
For me he is simply....."THE GOVERNOR!"
The Stanley support was IMMENSE and the lads and lasses behind the goal never stopped singing and urging their team on!

John and Jimmy once again have had their team from the previous season ripped apart but......WOW.....they are working their MAGIC once again as the whole squad toady were simply magnificent. Not only in the way they are adapting to John and Jimmy's passing style but in the TOTAL EFFORT put in today by every one of them.
3RD PLACE IN LEAGUE TWO IS LOOKING GOOD TO ME SO FAR!

ON STANLEY ON
COME ON YOU REDS!

Last edited by choirboy; 02-09-2017 at 20:09.
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 20:12   #39
Senior Member+

ps It was great to chat with Yonmon before the match and to see Jason with the Stanley Faithful in his Flat Cap!
yonmon likes this.
Old 02-09-2017, 20:26   #40
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by choirboy View Post
ps It was great to chat with Yonmon before the match and to see Jason with the Stanley Faithful in his Flat Cap!
Oops!
Just spotted a couple of 'Toady' Typo errors in my longer observations!
Old 02-09-2017, 20:53   #41
Senior Member+

Here's another slightly neurotic gem from 'Shrimpsvoices'.....

"after H/T swapping ends the Stanley Fan were straight on Barry's case, I heard one Stanley fan shout out (Barry Roche Acrrngton Stanley's lucky Mascot) followed by laughter from the other Stanley fans "

Now then this insensitive STANLEY fan should feel thoroughly ashamed of him or her self for mocking poor 'Baz' in such a cruel and heartless manner...( and I should have known better than to join in the laughter ! ).

Potted Shrimps anyone ?.
AccyMad and choirboy like this.

Last edited by yonmon; 02-09-2017 at 20:55.
Old 02-09-2017, 20:55   #42
God Member

I'd agree with Choirboys' post & glad he wrote it cos I'm too tired - can only put my take on the match in a few simple words - we battered 'em!
Roll on next Saturday!!
yonmon and choirboy like this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 21:36   #43

Choirboy - every word you wrote is true!
yonmon and choirboy like this.
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 21:46   #44
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by choirboy View Post
Oops!
Just spotted a couple of 'Toady' Typo errors in my longer observations!

Let me guess... it wasn't colourful enough !!..
choirboy likes this.
Old 02-09-2017, 22:18   #45

Made a rather optimistic prediction that Stanley would win this game 4-2.
At the end of the day, it would not have been an unrealistic reflection of our dominance.
In reality, despite our overall control & numerous goal scoring chances, it was the 90th minute before we put the game to bed.
Thought Coley summed the game up perfectly. Morecambe improved in the second half & could have equalised on another day.
But this was a day where events conspired against them & I can't help feeling a tinge of sympathy, for we have suffered such days ourselves.
Today reminded me of our trip to Wycombe last season. There was an air of invincibility about our team which somehow seemed to infect us all.
We travelled not in hope, but in the certain knowledge that this was a game we would win.
Ye Gods! Could this be our season at last????
KiTChener, cashman and yonmon like this.
Lord Stiffupperlip is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..