Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree52Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-09-2017, 15:56   #16
Senior Member+

Re: Carlisle United Match Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Aah, the unadulterated pleasure & release of non-pc! Love it!
Not the Chinese philosopher?
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 09-09-2017, 15:57   #17
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

2nd in the league we done Stanley
Old 09-09-2017, 15:59   #18
God Member

F#%%#n magnificent. Ecstatic down here.
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2017, 16:18   #19
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Great all round Team Display against a Carlisle side that are No Mugs, Superboy well deserved his MoM, no doubt at all, in fact dont think i ever seen him play better,The defence i thought were superb i thought,Roll on Tuesday.
Old 09-09-2017, 16:22   #20

Holiday curse strikes again. I miss McConville's best ever game - which is saying something after than incredible display last season.
Chapman also played a blinder so I hear from Er Indoors?
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2017, 16:27   #21
Senior Member+

Oh how I missed the drama of injury time with a one goal lead - not!!
AccyMad likes this.
Old 09-09-2017, 16:42   #22
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Aah, the unadulterated pleasure & release of non-pc! Love it!

PC brigade can kiss my RS
Old 09-09-2017, 16:59   #23
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Have just looked at league table and Stanley have scored more goals than everyone, even Luton.
Old 09-09-2017, 17:46   #24
Full Member+

It was a good game to win today. Carlisle did not play their best today but they will be there at the end. Our defence played a blinder and to give full credit to Chapman he pulled off some top class saves. His confidence was on the up today. Good luck to him. It must be difficult picking a regular team with the amount of talent we have to pick from. We still are feeling our way at times where we should be more in control. But I have a great feeling for this season. Roll on Tuesday.
Chrisr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2017, 17:50   #25
Senior Member+

Talking Re: Carlisle United Match Thread

Although I don't like (dare ?) to disagree with Cashy... I thought that Carlisle were , on the whole ineffective and were it not for their Goalkeeper the score would have reflected this !.
They were also lucky to get away with a great deal of foul play which at times merged on the dangerous !. From this opinion you will deduce that I found this Carlisle team as possibly the worst I have seen representing this great Club.

But never mind them !.. Like everyone else I really enjoyed seeing the Reds playing football with both flair up front and cohesion in the defence, backed up with a more confident display from young Chapman !.
My special mention doesn't go to Sean but to Liam Nolan who quietly stifled a great deal of Carlisle's attacking play, and laid his passes off immaculately. He will go far, but not just yet I hope !.
Let's hope that this early season Success for our team is reflected in the attendances both next Tuesday night, and on the many Saturday afternoons yet to come !.

ON STANLEY !.. ON TO EVEN GREATER THINGS !.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2017, 18:12   #26
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonmon View Post
Although I don't like (dare ?) to disagree with Cashy... I thought that Carlisle were , on the whole ineffective and were it not for their Goalkeeper the score would have reflected this !.
They were also lucky to get away with a great deal of foul play which at times merged on the dangerous !. From this opinion you will deduce that I found this Carlisle team as possibly the worst I have seen representing this great Club.

But never mind them !.. Like everyone else I really enjoyed seeing the Reds playing football with both flair up front and cohesion in the defence, backed up with a more confident display from young Chapman !.
My special mention doesn't go to Sean but to Liam Nolan who quietly stifled a great deal of Carlisle's attacking play, and laid his passes off immaculately. He will go far, but not just yet I hope !.
Let's hope that this early season Success for our team is reflected in the attendances both next Tuesday night, and on the many Saturday afternoons yet to come !.

ON STANLEY !.. ON TO EVEN GREATER THINGS !.
Aye but i reckon they were only ineffective cos our defence was magnificent today?i thought Carlisle had some good movement and passing moves but our defence was equal to em.they did resort to some questionable tactics, but do you not think that was frustration?
Old 09-09-2017, 18:40   #27
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Accrington 3-0 Carlisle | Video | Watch TV Show | Sky Sports
Outback Ozzy and cashman like this.
Old 09-09-2017, 18:55   #28
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

3 good goals no doubt at all.
Old 09-09-2017, 19:35   #29
Senior Member+

Unfortunately away helping the daughter move home today, but i could not be more happy to be totally wrong and nul points on the guess the score. Three very good goals, dare we believe we might actually? Or is the P word banned just now? Carry on regardless Stanley

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2017, 19:49   #30

Thought there was precious little difference between the sides today.
The big difference was - 'THE PRECIOUS!'
Super Sean deserved his m.o.m. award after rocking the bar, then scoring two great goals.
Carlisle barely saw the ball in the first five minutes, but then slowly started to dominate possession & for long periods outplayed us.
Fortunately, they failed to convert their possession into goal scoring chances and when they did, there was the 'Big Yin' pulling off some superb saves.
Goalkeeper crisis? What goalkeeper crisis? Chappers always gives his best & it's time the doubters got off his back!
Whilst the goals won us the game, I've got to agree with Yonmon that Nolan was inspirational.
Always cool, calm & collected. He's quietly established himself as an essential midfield general.
Quick thinking in defence or attack, he was simply superb today.
There's despondency on the Carlisle forum, but I thought they were one of the best sides we've played so far this season.
After Keith Curle's pre-match jibe about Pantomime horses, perhaps the joke is on him?
'Why was Cinderella so bad at football?'
'Because she had a pumpkin for a coach!'
Lord Stiffupperlip is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..