Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree31Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-09-2017, 09:09   #1
God Member

Fgr

Bit early for this but just noticed on the Fishy site that Stanley fans will only be offered standing at FGR.
Fortunately that's not a problem for me, at the moment, but how is this not discrimination against away fans? What about those who cannot stand for 2 hours?
The biggest joke is this bunch of self-proclaimed morally superior Eco-warriors claim in their "mission statement" (where they aiming, the moon?) they respect the disabled and away fans.
Obviously their acronym also stands for Fans Get Rubbished.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 22-09-2017, 10:37   #2
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Fgr

To be honest i wouldn't go to the end of my street, if their ground was yon, sod the self righteous gits.
smudgie, Chrisr and monkey hanger like this.
Old 22-09-2017, 13:25   #3

This must be some kind of mis-steak ? Not gonna mince my words on this issue, I've got a real Beef about it. (They would prefer to call it cheesed-off)

Well I ain't standing for it, I'm gonna stand up and be counted and boycott it.
cashman and monkey hanger like this.
smobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2017, 13:28   #4
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smobile View Post
This must be some kind of mis-steak ? Not gonna mince my words on this issue, I've got a real Beef about it. (They would prefer to call it cheesed-off)

Well I ain't standing for it, I'm gonna stand up and be counted and boycott it.
Good on yer Si, its a ground i aint been too, but i certainly will not go near the place.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 22-09-2017, 14:18   #5
Senior Member+

Always had a soft spot for Forest Green when we were in the conference, got treated really well down even buying beers for Ange and myself, then Swampy got involved and now they can stick their veggie burgers where the sun don't shine!
Old 22-09-2017, 14:25   #6
Senior Member+

Presumably I've got this wrong, and there are some seats at the Coppice end of the Cowshed now, but I thought we'd only ever offered standing to away fans? I'm sure that's the way it was in the first season at least, so not sure we've got room to moan on this one. I've just searched fishy and can't find any references to what we offer visitors , except for a note about a share of wheelchair spaces in the main stand.

And I'm sure there'll be plenty of room to sit on the terraces until the game starts .......
Old 22-09-2017, 15:07   #7

Forest Green have been given a year's exemption whilst building work goes on.
If you need to sit, please mention to Jess when buying your ticket at Stanley.
stanleyhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2017, 15:37   #8
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
To be honest i wouldn't go to the end of my street, if their ground was yon, sod the self righteous gits.
been there once when it was normal but still haven,t forgot the walk up the hill from the village. makes the walk from the town to the wham like a walk on blackpool prom. will not be going back.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2017, 20:39   #9
Super Moderator

We need to be careful on this one folks; "people in glass houses"!!

When ASFC were promoted to the (E)FL we used every exemption on given to regulations there was on offer; seats, away facilities, dressing rooms and floodlights.

New clubs are allowed time to bring their grounds up to full EFL standards.

At first FGR were offering "on line" sales only to ASFC with un-covered standing available.

Thanks to Jess's good work in conjunction with the Customer Services Ladies at the EFL we've now got tickets to sell at Accy; plus a very small number of seats in with the home fans.

Jess and our SLO ( Robert) will do their very best to allocate these seats to those that need them most.

According to the EFL we've got a good deal from FGR as other clubs haven't got the same things we've been given.
Mr T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2017, 21:14   #10
Full Member+

Stanley had no seating at all not so long ago, and no one minded.

£16 in advance aint bad these days - will probably be 80 go at a guess.
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2017, 21:23   #11
God Member

Glad to hear someone (Jess?) has done something to sort things for those few Stanley fans who can't stand, and need to be in the stand.
cashman likes this.
Old 22-09-2017, 23:21   #12

Come on fellas, you can get over this.
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2017, 09:38   #13
God Member

I'm over it, as I said it doesn't affect me. But the way it was shown on the Fishy site, and until Jess acted and Mr.T posted on here, any Stanley supporter who cannot stand would have had to conclude they were being excluded from the game.
Basic message is don't communicate only half a message.
cashman likes this.
Old 23-09-2017, 09:57   #14
God Member

Think I'll go, years since I've been to Forest Green - wonder if i have a couple of pork pies in me handbag, would they be confiscated on the way in if I got searched?
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2017, 11:12   #15
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
Think I'll go, years since I've been to Forest Green - wonder if i have a couple of pork pies in me handbag, would they be confiscated on the way in if I got searched?
If they are it'll because the stewards want to eat them.
AccyMad likes this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..