Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree63Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-11-2017, 21:24   #61
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Re: Guiseley Game

Kee missed keeper saves, they score there first, 0-1, saved again we need to buy this keeper 1_1
Old 14-11-2017, 21:29   #62
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Out!!
Old 14-11-2017, 21:30   #63

What did I say, missed to many chances during the game!
Old 14-11-2017, 21:35   #64

If he hasn't already nicked it, I reckon the matchball should be presented to the Guiseley keeper from the twitter reports.
keep the faith likes this.
LongLostSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2017, 22:08   #65

Guiseley's keeper made some super saves. Although having already been booked for time wasting in normal time. I don't know how he got away with his continued gamesmanship of time wasting in extra time. The gods felt like there against Stanley tonight although I thought we should have gave the gods more of push!
Overall, Stanley created more chances than guiseley on another night at least one would have gone in. I was disappointed second half having scored we allowed guiseley to press us with 10 men which always allows the risk of goal conceding situation (we got left off once when Chapman dropped it although apart from that he was very good again tonight). But second time not so lucky. The gods (or referree) didn't go in favour for the penalty (given for what?) And disallowed goal. I felt me missed Seamus Connelly and overall we didn't get the ball down and pass it and get a grip in midfield till Scott brown came on. Well done guiseley they were kept battling annoyingly!

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk
chevyfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2017, 22:16   #66
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

That was disgraceful, we go 1 up playing 10 men, then sit back on it, no excuse at all for that.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 14-11-2017, 22:20   #67

Chevyfire - that's spot on. We didn't deserve to win, but on the other hand we deserved to win....overall we didn't play well but had enough chances, great saves by their keeper and bad luck played it's part.
Good Cup tie though - Guiseley looked like a decent team occasionally and tried hard.
chevyfire likes this.
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2017, 22:25   #68
God Member

Looking at both games I just don't really we wanted it that much, certainly not as much as Guiseley - that together with Coley's tinkering with the team tonight & a ref who made some of the most inexplicable decisions I've ever seen combined to see us go out of the FA cup - good luck to Guiseley in the next round, although I think they might've used it all up tonight I'd love them to beat Mansfield
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2017, 22:25   #69

You've got to hand it to Guiseley, after over three & a half hours of football, we couldn't beat em!
Frankly, they were better than us tonight & deserved their victory.
They won nearly every second ball & their passing was quicker & more accurate.
Some of the decisions that went against us were baffling. Two disallowed goals & then a mysterious penalty award for them.
Did anyone actually see the incident which led to their penalty?
After the disappointment of losing a game we could & should have won with ease, this could be a blessing in disguise, as we can now concentrate our efforts on the main prize - promotion!
Roll on Saturday!
Lord Stiffupperlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2017, 07:56   #70
God Member

[QUOTE=Lord Stiffupperlip;1204560
Some of the decisions that went against us were baffling. Two disallowed goals & then a mysterious penalty award for them.

first goal was for offside second god knows what for. the penalty was given for thorniley holding one of their players. the latter was told by a guiseley non playing sub sat at the end of the main stand before the shootout. thought the ref did quite well early on but seemed to want to even things up after the first half. one thing that does worry me is any of our opponents watching us know the type of team we struggle against. expect newport and wycombe to come and play a similar game to guiseley.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2017, 08:00   #71
God Member

[QUOTE=AccyMad;1204559]Looking at both games I just don't really we wanted it that much, certainly not as much as Guiseley -

after the draw was made i feared the worst. their manager and assistant are both ex mansfield so what could have been a better incentive to beat us.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2017, 08:01   #72
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

[QUOTE=monkey hanger;1204565][QUOTE=Lord Stiffupperlip;1204560

first goal was for offside second god knows what for. the penalty was given for thorniley holding one of their players. the latter was told by a guiseley non playing sub sat at the end of the main stand before the shootout. thought the ref did quite well early on but seemed to want to even things up after the first half. one thing that does worry me is any of our opponents watching us know the type of team we struggle against. expect newport and wycombe to come and play a similar game to guiseley.[/QUOTE]Have to disagree about the ref early on, thought the animal that did "Sousa" in the first couple of mins, should have been booked at the very least. twas the same guy who got dismissed later on. he was the same at their place got away with sodding murder.Think accymad was 100% correct, we didn't seem to want it as much as them, and to me got what we deserved.
keep the faith likes this.
Old 15-11-2017, 08:08   #73
God Member

As Dan noted on the radio commentary, there was a certain inevitability about Guiseley winning it once they equalised.
But well done to Professor Coleman; his post-match interview was spot-on.
Exile on Spencer St is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2017, 11:44   #74

Highlights:

FA Cup: Accrington 1-1 Guiseley (3-4 pens) - highlights - BBC Sport

Unfortunately the camera operator missed the penalty incident as well!

I think our second disallowed goal was for Hughes and their centre back holding each others shirts... how you give that situation a foul one way or the other is beyond me.

Still, their keeper didn't deserve to be on the losing team after his performance, outstanding display.
SamF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2017, 14:54   #75
Senior Member+

Already had some stick off a friend brought up in village next door to Guiseley. Looking forward to returning to work in Leeds tomorrow - NOT.
yonmon likes this.

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!
Haggis316 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..