Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree63Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-11-2017, 16:01   #76
Senior Member+

Re: Guiseley Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by mab View Post
Out!!
Seems a bit harsh calling for Coleman's head after our FA Cup exit!
Old 15-11-2017, 16:13   #77
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey View Post
Seems a bit harsh calling for Coleman's head after our FA Cup exit!
it's only laughing that's stopping me crying
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2017, 21:24   #78

With the benefit of hindsight, I've got to say how impressed I was by Guiseley's performance over the two ties.
On last nights showing, I think they'd more than hold their own in league 2.
They had our defence at sixes & sevens on numerous occasions & as Coley said in his post match video, nearly scored a couple of goals early on, but for excellent saves by Chappers.
On the subject of our defence, what's happened to the likes of Tom Dallison, Tyler Forbes & Farrend Rawson?
They've always impressed me whenever they've played & I think all three are better defenders than Thorniley, who I find a bit ponderous & slow - only my opinion!
In any event, we'll have to be on our mettle by Saturday, if we're going to avoid another repeat of last years home result against Newport.
Lord Stiffupperlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2017, 08:17   #79
God Member

[QUOTE=L
On the subject of our defence, what's happened to the likes of Tom Dallison, Tyler Forbes & Farrend Rawson?
They've always impressed me whenever they've played & I think all three are better defenders than Thorniley, who I find a bit ponderous & slow - only my opinion!

in defence of jordan thorniley he is a centre back by trade and not a left back. for me he has been a decent steady performer for us. agree about farrend rawson as for me did nothing wrong to be dropped and there is not much to choose between him and everton or hughes.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2017, 09:21   #80

I thought the initial plan was for Forbes to start at RB with Donacien at LB. Forbes seemed to struggle when given opportunity. Neither Forbes or Dallinson really impressed when given chance.

Agree about Rawson tho' - did not do much to warrant being dropped.
Inspector Morse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2017, 09:26   #81
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Does Rawson not come from Liverpool? that would explain it if he don't.
Old 16-11-2017, 11:34   #82
Senior Member+

[QUOTE=monkey hanger;1204599][QUOTE=L

in defence of jordan thorniley he is a centre back by trade and not a left back. for me he has been a decent steady performer for us. agree about farrend rawson as for me did nothing wrong to be dropped and there is not much to choose between him and everton or hughes.[/QUOTE]

Dallison rode into the sunset weeks ago.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2017, 18:38   #83

[QUOTE=Twenty Eight;1204610]
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post

Dallison rode into the sunset weeks ago.
That's somewhat disappointing, especially as he's still listed as one of our team players on the Fishy site & only signed on-loan from Premier League Brighton in August this year.
Had a good pedigree as well, I quote from Fishy;
'Dallison is a product of West Ham and Arsenal’s academies before he signed professional terms with Brighton after an impressive trial period in 2013.'
Always impressed me as a useful asset to our squad.
What went wrong
Lord Stiffupperlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2017, 19:54   #84

Well, comment from my 9yr old grandson, who attended on Tuesday night, despite being a 'school night'

'Well at least we didn't get relegated, and we can now concentrate on getting into League One'

Ahhh.... the wisdom of youth!!
KiTChener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2017, 07:22   #85

Mr T may correct me but I thought I read somewhere that the terms of Dallison's loan allowed him to go back and play for Brighton's youth team if he wasn't getting regular games here but that we can call him back as a member of the squad if needed.
Lost in Cornwall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2017, 08:38   #86
God Member

Heard Coley say something similar on an interview

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2017, 16:41   #87
Senior Member+

Although it wasn’t a great performance for us on Tuesday I don’t think it was for the lack of trying!

2 goals disallowed, Hit the woodwork twice, 3 possibly 4 camera saves by their keeper and a dubious penalty given. Aswell as Guiseley lucky to not go down to 10 men in opening few minutes with the challenge in Sousa!

It’s only like when we beat Huddersfield and Bournemouth in the FA Cup a few years ago, We’ve had more than our fair share up giantkillings!

Just hope we get the right reaction tomorrow!
cashman and chevyfire like this.
Old 17-11-2017, 16:49   #88
Full Member+

wonder what evans will think of guiseley style of play now that would be worth seeing
Lemur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2017, 07:54   #89
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemur View Post
wonder what evans will think of guiseley style of play now that would be worth seeing
the fa are probably drawing lots to see who will be 4th.official for that game. a good one for our mr.kettle to referee. evans might be on the blood pressure tablets come the end of the game.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2017, 12:47   #90
Full Member+

Hope its televised
ferret man is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..