Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree39Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-11-2017, 09:26   #31

Re: Wigan Athletic Checkatrade Trophy Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post

according to their own fans on twitter their under 18's team??
Don't think there was any doubt it was their under 18's side. One of the subs was 15 !!

https://www.wiganathletic.com/news/2...ngton-stanley/
StanLurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 08-11-2017, 10:05   #32

'Seemed to me J.C. cut interview short for a reason?'
I thought he didn't want to be drawn into discussing potential changes to the first choice XI.
monkey hanger likes this.
Inspector Morse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 10:25   #33
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Thats exactly what i thought.
Old 08-11-2017, 11:04   #34
Senior Member+

How times have changed,Acci has got two decent teams now,few years ago couldn’t fill the bench !!!
Will test Coleys management skills as good players want to be playing!!!
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 12:36   #35
Super Moderator

It was Wigan's U18's last night plus one 1st team squad member (with zero appearances).

They cancelled a scheduled U18 game at short notice.

Bet their kit man was pleased at printing another dozen new shirts!!

The even gave a debut to a 15 year old they have high hopes for!!!

They will be fined, I believe the full amount under the rules for not even being close to playing a "full strength team"
Mr T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 15:06   #36
Senior Member+

If I've read it right, we'll be away at Scunthorpe United, Lincoln City, Bradford City or Walsall in the second round.

According to the Lancashire Telegraph, the draw is at Wembley at 6.30pm on Friday.
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 15:45   #37
Super Moderator

Mike;

You are the expert; but I think there's a possibility that it's Chesterfield or Bradford.

I think IF Chesterfield were to beat Man City U21's in a high scoring game they would top the group on goals scored ??

I'm waiting for the EFL to confirm; but this is my understanding as well.
Mr T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 16:50   #38
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr T View Post
It was Wigan's U18's last night plus one 1st team squad member (with zero appearances).

They cancelled a scheduled U18 game at short notice.

Bet their kit man was pleased at printing another dozen new shirts!!

The even gave a debut to a 15 year old they have high hopes for!!!

They will be fined, I believe the full amount under the rules for not even being close to playing a "full strength team"
Given that, for some reason, they haven't got a game until Saturday week, that's just ridiculous (not to mention arrogant if he really thought they would be good enough). Tit!
AccyMad likes this.
Old 08-11-2017, 17:42   #39

last nights goals
Tom D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 20:49   #40
God Member

Mr T is correct

Runners up of groups A,B, C and D play winners of E, F, G and H. If I read it we'd be away as well

Walsall, Bradford or Chesterfield, Lincoln, Scunthorpe
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot_20171108-204514.jpg (273.9 KB, 7 views)
Old 08-11-2017, 21:05   #41
Senior Member+

I don't care if it was the U18's we were playing last night. What I do laugh about is how the supporters of WAFC are embarrassed by the team that was put out and the result. The excuses are brilliant, but at the end of the day, we hammered them on their own turf. To say the crowd was 1473, it was pleasing to see 100+ make the journey from Accy and they were the ones making the most noise throughout the 90 minutes. Fair play to the young Wigan lads, they have skills to go past our midfielders and defenders, but these were backed up throughout the game by another midfielder/defender to force the players away from our goals. I don't think Strycek had a save of any note to make throughout the match, but at least he came through 90 minutes unharmed. Regarding Billy, he appeared to be limping at first when he was subbed, but then the limp disappeared, gamesmanship by JC? I'm also with others, how Sousa and McLeod don't start is beyond me and yes Liam Nolan had a solid game as did Scotty Brown. Overall an enjoyable experience and I am aware what some may say of the competition. but we can only hope that we do get as far as possible in this as it is a real chance to go to Wembley

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 22:01   #42
Senior Member+

Quote:
Mike;

You are the expert; but I think there's a possibility that it's Chesterfield or Bradford.

I think IF Chesterfield were to beat Man City U21's in a high scoring game they would top the group on goals scored ??

I'm waiting for the EFL to confirm; but this is my understanding as well.
I'm no expert. Yes, of course it could be Chesterfield. It just shows that you can't believe everything in the Telegraph!
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 22:05   #43

Quote:
I think there's a possibility that it's Chesterfield or Bradford.
Ye Gods!
I'm begging you!
Please, please, please, let it be Bradford.
monkey hanger likes this.
Lord Stiffupperlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 09:02   #44
God Member

[QUOTE=Outback Ozzy;1204204] I'm also with others, how Sousa and McLeod don't start is beyond me and yes Liam Nolan had a solid game as did Scotty Brown.

it shows how far we have come in the last few seasons when the lads you mentioned do not start a game. rightly or wrongly they don,t but a few years ago they would have been fixtures in the side with a bench having less than the possible number on it. gives me a good feeling so far this season.
Outback Ozzy likes this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 09:28   #45

As well as Sousa and McLeod have played it would be difficult to not to start McConville and Clarke given their performance levels so far this season. Perhaps their consistency is helped by these guys ready to step in should the levels drop.

At the minute the only position up for grabs seems to be central midfield. We are still lacking a spark of creativity/forward thrust from this area and I guess this is not going to change for the rest of the season.

Saying that I think all our midfield combinations are solid and no-one has played particularly badly. If this set up gives the creative wide players sufficient scope to perform it may well be a non-issue.
cashman and monkey hanger like this.
Inspector Morse is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..