Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree140Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-12-2017, 17:02   #31
Full Member+

Re: Swindon Town Match Thread

Good results for us all round league 2 today.
cashman and monkey hanger like this.
Old 09-12-2017, 17:02   #32
Full Member+

The club were disingenuous making out nothing was wrong on their twitter.
chevyfire likes this.
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 17:06   #33
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewbacca View Post
The club were disingenuous making out nothing was wrong on their twitter.
That aint much of a shock.
Old 09-12-2017, 17:09   #34
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabeast View Post
Good results for us all round league 2 today.
Yep, every cloud & all that
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 17:15   #35
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Do people not think, the way stanley treat fans, they got a damn cheek constantly appealing for more to come? cos i do.
Chrisr and monkey hanger like this.
Old 09-12-2017, 17:50   #36
Full Member+

I turned up today as I heard the inspection was ok at 10.30 it then got milder so I was annoyed the game was called off. They said it was called off at 12.30 although this was disputed by some Swindon fans I spoke to. They had come on the train and the whole roundtrip was cas costing them £140. They were not pleased and will not be coming again. But this is one of the clubs biggest let downs. Communication. Taking fans for granted is another. The game could have gone ahead today in all reality. I would be first to protect players from playing on frozen ground. Stanley do make it hard for the fans.
Chrisr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 18:00   #37
Full Member+

I checked Stanley web site, nothing, so at 12.55 I left home to walk there ( 15mins-20 )I was part way there when a very good friend text me to say game was off, I couldn't believe it. However I walked a bit further and ask a group of footy supporters if they had come for the Swindon match , yes they had, I told them it was off, they were stunned as they had rung Accrington Stanley to ask about the game and conditions and were assured the game would go ahead, how they had traveled I do not know, but all the way from Swindon............not good. Embarassing.
Greeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 18:07   #38
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

I left home at 5 past one after checking the fishy, sod all on yon, ive only a couple of miles to go, its annoying to me, so what it is to fans who have to come any distance is disgraceful imho, the way fans are treated is summat Andy Holt needs to investigate, cos its doubtful to me he will ever get new uns while its run like this.

Last edited by cashman; 09-12-2017 at 18:10.
cashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 18:47   #39
Super Moderator

A great afternoon - all the way from South Manchester and back for a brew and a cheese toastie in Imposta. Even worse for my mate who travels from North Wales. I notice the next home match is the "bring a friend" initiative. Perhaps the club could explain how we're expected to persuade new fans to come when they treat their existing fans like this?
cashman and monkey hanger like this.
Old 09-12-2017, 19:05   #40
Full Member+

Andy is livid on twitter that the ref called the game off after all was deemed OK at 10.30. He has spent all day apologising to Swindon fans who travelled. It's probably cost the club a lot more than any of us, and whilst we would all prefer more notice of the cancellation it appears we were all expecting to play until the ref called it off about 1230 so what more could have been done (before the game was cancelled)
Old 09-12-2017, 19:34   #41
God Member

Exclamation Re: Swindon Town Match Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by accymad View Post
this late call makes me wonder, is it possibly anything to do with their manager refusing to play - just as he did when in charge at bury & forced a late call, even later than today, of course his refusal had nothing to do with the fact that on that occasion he had a no.of his senior players missing through injury . . . . . . Not pointing any fingers, just a thought

P.s. - where's somerset? Surely this late call is a disgrace

Really CANNOT blame the Club....................................
AccyMad likes this.

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 19:37   #42
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabeast View Post
Andy is livid on twitter that the ref called the game off after all was deemed OK at 10.30. He has spent all day apologising to Swindon fans who travelled. It's probably cost the club a lot more than any of us, and whilst we would all prefer more notice of the cancellation it appears we were all expecting to play until the ref called it off about 1230 so what more could have been done (before the game was cancelled)
I agree, its in the main down to another useless official, but someone actually knew at the club what was said about the pitch at 10-30, yet sod all AGAIN was said to the fans at that time, and that to me aint good enough.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 09-12-2017, 19:40   #43

Andy is fuming and right to be so too, cost the club the travel and expensives of the away club. So we lose money! Why wasn’t off at 10.30 or earlier with the weather conditions.
Old 09-12-2017, 20:02   #44
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
at least most of us haven't travelled a long way for nothing
True - and you did say "most of us".
But I drove up from Bristol (usual train cancelled earlier in the week ) and I had planned to meet the family who were coming across from Pickering.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 21:25   #45

The whole country has suffered with Arctic weather for the last week, some places having suffered much worse than East Lancashire.
Yet from the 53 games in England today, including the National league, only 3 were postponed.
Even most Scottish league games were played, only 4 from 17 being postponed.
We can blame the ref all we want, but the real culprit is the club for making no effort to protect the pitch.
Do they never watch the weather forecast?
Lord Stiffupperlip is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..