Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree29Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-01-2018, 15:20   #1

Today's Abandonment

Just to say I find today's abandonment a bit of a disgrace as it has resulted in 2 in 3 home games either postponed or not played in full, the abandonment was the weathers fault as the rain should have held off until the game ended. I hope Saturday's game against Chesterfield goes ahead and is played in full as I don't want to see 2 home games in a row and 3 in 4 home games postponed or not played in full which would be a bit of a disgrace.
Somerset is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 01-01-2018, 15:40   #2
God Member

Re: Today's Abandonment

Go back to your room, Somerset, and take your medication. You might feel better in the morning.
monkey hanger likes this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 15:44   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
Go back to your room, Somerset, and take your medication. You might feel better in the morning.
People still don't agree with me then?
Somerset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 15:44   #4
God Member

Haha..Knob head is back !
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 15:46   #5
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi John View Post
Haha..Knob head is back !
Well Kiwi just goes to show, all the clowns aint in the circus.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 01-01-2018, 15:55   #6
God Member

Think you'd better take up your grievance with Messrs Bentley & co Somerset, don't know why we even started the game knowing how averse certain of their players are to playing in the rain & if there's puddles, god forbid!
KiTChener likes this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 16:15   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
Think you'd better take up your grievance with Messrs Bentley & co Somerset, don't know why we even started the game knowing how averse certain of their players are to playing in the rain & if there's puddles, god forbid!
I know it's the season of goodwill but that my friend is BOLLOCKS....

Both managers were consulted but the referee decided if it should continue.

We were still in the game despite going 1 down against the run of play.

I'm surprised you haven't mentioned Ellison yet....
Christies Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 16:24   #8
God Member

CC, you obviously knew who the 'certain player' I mentioned was - just being discrete
Greeny likes this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 16:31   #9

The 'WHAM' is a disgrace. Pitch can't handle a bit of water and the facilities for away fans for £20 are disgusting. Been going on for 30 years and still those same toilets. Four spaces to have a **** and the floors subsiding. Accy Stanley allways tin pot.
Interested Observer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 16:36   #10

Wink Re: Today's Abandonment

Evidently neither managers were consulted and both agreed that the game should have continued for at least a further 10 minuted BUT the referee decided otherwise.

My original post was based on Radio Lancashire's report of the game being called off just after the referee acted.

Sorry for the confusion.
Christies Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 16:37   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somerset View Post
Just to say I find today's abandonment a bit of a disgrace as it has resulted in 2 in 3 home games either postponed or not played in full, the abandonment was the weathers fault as the rain should have held off until the game ended. I hope Saturday's game against Chesterfield goes ahead and is played in full as I don't want to see 2 home games in a row and 3 in 4 home games postponed or not played in full which would be a bit of a disgrace.
I agree with Somerset, spot on. What did you improve your drainage with in the close season, sponges?? The FA need to have a close look because it ain't good enough, bloody shambles LOL.
Old 01-01-2018, 16:44   #12
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Another pillock, that interested got no idea its clay underneath.
Old 01-01-2018, 16:46   #13

Clay in your head matey. Get it sorted...............tin pot LOL.
Old 01-01-2018, 17:01   #14
Full Member+

I think you should be addressing Mr Andy Holt , he has spent thousands on the pitch , he is very approachable and I am sure he will listen to any suggestions you may have. And if you find our stadium so offensive.....why do you keep returning????
AccyMad likes this.
Greeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 17:10   #15
Full Member+

why are you feeding the trolls chaps they were not at the game
baldy and Red-Osbornello like this.
Lemur is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..