Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree14Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-01-2018, 08:12   #31
God Member

Re: Transfer rumours

[QUOTE=Lord Didsbury;1206932]
Not all that enthused by Johnson signing. Doesn't look that special, but if Coleman sees something in him that's good enough for me

as long as coley finds a position for him and keeps him there and not move him about he might be o.k. had a first half nightmare against crawley the other week but i suppose he was not on his own.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 06-01-2018, 11:25   #32
Senior Member+

What is his best position ? Idon't think he's a defender (your right about Crawley Monkey). If its midfield where is he in the pecking order ? Conneely Brown Nolan ... then Johnson ?
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 12:05   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
What is his best position ? Idon't think he's a defender (your right about Crawley Monkey). If its midfield where is he in the pecking order ? Conneely Brown Nolan ... then Johnson ?
We need a better midfielder in, Conneely and Brown not good enough to get promotion and certainly not good enough for league above us
Old 06-01-2018, 12:08   #34
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Love Rocket View Post
We need a better midfielder in, Conneely and Brown not good enough to get promotion and certainly not good enough for league above us
Are Nolan and Johnson good enough ?
Old 06-01-2018, 12:14   #35

Quote:
No 28, I think Nolan best of a poor bunch though
Old 06-01-2018, 12:30   #36
Senior Member+

Now I know you don't rate Clark.
What about McConville ?
Do you rate anyone at the club in that department ?
Old 06-01-2018, 12:37   #37

Quote:
Now I know you don't rate Clark.
What about McConville ?
Do you rate anyone at the club in that department ?
Clark has grown on me and yes I rate Sean Mc
Old 07-01-2018, 09:59   #38
God Member

Quote:
always like to compare like for like with the opposition players at a game and for me both fall short but its a team game not 11 individuals running round like headless chickens. thats where managers earn their money by butting round pegs into round holes.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 12:05   #39

The way Sean Mc is playing and the consistent quality goals we will be lucky to keep hold of the lad.
Callum Johnson a great signing and a perfect fit at right back his trade position.
stanley nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 12:16   #40
Senior Member+

The issue for me and has been a while is left back. That's not a criticism of Donacien but if we could find a natural left footed left back it will be far better balanced.
Old 07-01-2018, 12:29   #41
Full Member+

Quote:
The issue for me and has been a while is left back. That's not a criticism of Donacien but if we could find a natural left footed left back it will be far better balanced.
I have to agree, Donacien is a class player. I don't think he is a left back and I never have. He can do a job there for us but he is more effective playing out on the wing in a forward position. He can whip balls in with pin point accuracy. He is definitely an asset to the team, I have noticed that he is more comfortable playing teams from higher leagues.
cashman and monkey hanger like this.
Chrisr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 14:10   #42
God Member

Although we are short in numbers squad wise the players we bring in have got to be as good as the ones we have or preferably better if we are an ambitious club which I think Andy Holt as brought us to be we need to improve an already good squad and build towards promotion, personally think we need a left footed defender a quality ball playing midfielder and the hardest one a striker to keep Billy and Kayden on their toes.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 11:07   #43
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
Billy Kee linked with Bristol Rovers ... Andy Holt says its the first he's heard of it
Now someone's posting stuff about the Trotters:
https://lionofviennasuite.sbnation.c...ington-striker
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..