Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree20Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-01-2018, 08:06   #16
God Member

Re: jonny edwards

at the end of the day the lad for me wasn,t really given a chance. good luck to him at woking.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 06-01-2018, 11:57   #17
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Love Rocket View Post
T, was referring to 28 making things up
You just don't get it do you my friend ......... sad but true.
Mr T has given the formal stance but enough people apart from me on here know the truth.
Did you see Jonny anywhere near the club for the last three weeks ?
Was he named in a squad ?
Did he train with the lads ?
No.
Officially he was on loan to us until the end of the season.
Nothing could be said until he'd found another club because Hull City could have insisted we keep him.
Woking deal done - then everyone can put out a convenient party line.
Get it ? Got it ? Good.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 12:00   #18
Senior Member+

What baffles me Monkey is why we went back for him at the start of this season.
Surely we should have been able to make decisions based on last season so that indicates Coley thought he was right for us ?
Unless he's gone backwards of course.
Old 06-01-2018, 12:18   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
What baffles me Monkey is why we went back for him at the start of this season.
Surely we should have been able to make decisions based on last season so that indicates Coley thought he was right for us ?
Unless he's gone backwards of course.
Actually agree with you here 28
Old 06-01-2018, 12:52   #20
God Member

28, maybe - just maybe, even if someone knows the truth about a situation but the club have their reasons for keeping quiet until it is time for 'the truth' to be announced it might be a good idea for that person to keep what they know to themselves, I know it can he frustrating if sometimes we feel we're being kept in the dark but blabbing things that aren't meant to be in the public domain isn't too clever either. Just my opinion of course
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 13:14   #21
Senior Member+

It's a discussion forum. Fans deserve to know what's going on particularly during a transfer window.
I never tout speculation.
Old 06-01-2018, 13:58   #22
Senior Member+

On the bench today, at home to Maidstone.
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 14:00   #23

The should call him 'The Judge'
maccawozzagod likes this.
Old 06-01-2018, 16:41   #24
Full Member+

I was a fan of Jonny Edwards and was surprised at the lack of game time he got. I thought he had a good season to offer us. I wish him well but I am disappointed at the way he treated by our club.
cashman likes this.
Chrisr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 16:50   #25
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Edwards was on loan here last season, so why our manager brought him back on a season loan then never gave him a good run defies logic to me.
Chrisr and monkey hanger like this.
Old 06-01-2018, 16:51   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisr View Post
I was a fan of Jonny Edwards and was surprised at the lack of game time he got. I thought he had a good season to offer us. I wish him well but I am disappointed at the way he treated by our club.
Was he treated badly though?
Old 06-01-2018, 16:56   #27
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Love Rocket View Post
Was he treated badly though?
I believe so, As others have pointed out he was brought back after already having a season with us last year, so we knew what we were getting. Surely he could have had a better run of games to keep him up to scratch. We for some reason didn't give him a fair go.
Chrisr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 17:53   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisr View Post
I believe so, As others have pointed out he was brought back after already having a season with us last year, so we knew what we were getting. Surely he could have had a better run of games to keep him up to scratch. We for some reason didn't give him a fair go.
Due to the form of our forwards post Christmas last season I don't think JC could have given him a proper chance if he'd wanted to, however when he did get chances off the bench looked way off the mark. Only thing he had going for him is a bit of pace and energy, and without being harsh on him think even at Woking he's a league too high for his ability. Don't expect him in full time football next season...

Regarding treating him badly, surely we put out our best team to win games? Clearly rate him or not that was never the case while he was here
AccyMad likes this.
Old 06-01-2018, 20:30   #29
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
It's a discussion forum. Fans deserve to know what's going on particularly during a transfer window.
I never tout speculation.
Sorry, but gonna quote you here as I think it's you who 'doesn't get it' - if you repeat something that you've been told by a family member/friend or whoever it doesn't always serve them any good by repeating it on a public forum if it wasn't meant to be general knowledge
Lord Love Rocket likes this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 20:44   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
Sorry, but gonna quote you here as I think it's you who 'doesn't get it' - if you repeat something that you've been told by a family member/friend or whoever it doesn't always serve them any good by repeating it on a public forum if it wasn't meant to be general knowledge
Spot on accy

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..