Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree40Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-01-2018, 14:40   #1
Senior Member+

Let's Have a Spireites Thread

2-0 up and not yet half-time.

Chesterfield have 5 debutants. With luck they've not gelled yet!
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 06-01-2018, 15:56   #2
God Member

Re: Let's Have a Spireites Thread

4-zip...and what a nice way to end my annual holidays (part 1). Thanks STANLEY.
Outback Ozzy and choirboy like this.
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 16:23   #3
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

To be honest Chesterfield were never in it, Sean Mac scored a cracking second goal, if that had been in premiership, yeh would never have heard the last of it, There signing of the season scored the third, just after half time. and at the death spilt one and super Billy Kee mopped up, after our third though we sat back, luckily they were very poor,The ref was truly shocking, good job we played well.Diving all 90 mins was chesterfields ploy and he was too dense to see it.

Last edited by cashman; 06-01-2018 at 16:27.
cashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 16:28   #4

Chesterfield were rubbish. We played solidly enough. Pressed well when we lost possession.
Big Ben my MOTM.
Johnson still doesn't impress me. Their no 41 caused him problems. but thought he had a better second half.
McCleod looked good - unlucky not to score.

Really crap ref.
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 16:49   #5
Full Member+

I thought the ref did spoil the match and the liners decisions were questionable. I rarely comment on liners calls as I can't have the same view as they have. Today though there were some puzzling decisions which would require a trip to specsavers. It is always bad when poor officials spoil a game. I do think the FA should take a closer look at officials training programme. There should not be such a disparity in the quality of refereeing.
Chrisr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 17:11   #6
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Enjoy Accrington 4-0 Chesterfield | Video | Watch TV Show | Sky Sports
AccyMad, Outback Ozzy and choirboy like this.
Old 06-01-2018, 17:12   #7

Chesterfield came to play in a similar passing way to Stanley which suites us and we where to good for them and there goalkeeper was like Chapman at the start of the season and not now. Cracking first half goals. Agree with cashman we sat back in second half lucky not to concede. honourable mentions for Nolan did well getting about midfield, Sean who was wonderful for 20 minutes when he scored goal, kayden is becoming a handful for opposition as well. Although I am pleased overall with everyone in team today (admittedly Johnson got skinned abit but Hines was a good winger).

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk
chevyfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 17:41   #8

Perhaps uncharitable to describe the Spirerites as crap.
In fact, they played their best football after going 3-0 down & began to dominate possession with some slick passing.
If it wasn't for two mistakes from their goalkeeper & a couple of good saves from Chapman, the scoreline may not have been so flattering.
Johnson was ineffective in the first half, being repeatedly skinned by their left-winger. I half expected Coleman to switch the Don to right-back 2nd half to cope with the threat.
But enough charity in victory - a convincing win from our boys today.
Up to 4th spot with a game in hand over 3rd placed Coventry, could put us back in an automatic promotion spot.
Happy days indeed!
chevyfire likes this.
Lord Stiffupperlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 19:29   #9
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Didsbury View Post
.....Really crap ref.
Blimey! He must have been a bad 'un.

Well done Stanley, nice to bank three points when many others were distracted with dreams of glory.
AccyMad likes this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 21:21   #10

Billy now joint league 2 top scorer
Tom D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 10:05   #11
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Didsbury View Post

Really crap ref.
wasn,t crap for me but too fussy. seemed to think it was a game that would blow up in his face any time soon. makes a change as we usually loose with him in change.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 10:16   #12
God Member

[QUOTE=Lord Stiffupperlip;1206996]Perhaps uncharitable to describe the Spirerites as crap.
In fact, they played their best football after going 3-0 down & began to dominate possession with some slick passing.
being crap is what their fans described em on the way out and only came into the game because we sat on the three nil lead. hate to say it but if you are below chesterfield then you will be down. seems years since the snake was there signing really good players for em.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 13:50   #13
God Member

They were as bad a side as Ive seen up yon since Stockport County
Old 07-01-2018, 17:08   #14

Quote:
being crap is what their fans described em on the way out and only came into the game because we sat on the three nil lead. hate to say it but if you are below chesterfield then you will be down. seems years since the snake was there signing really good players for em.
What do you expect their fans to say?
They'd just witnessed their team being humiliated.
Funny how a 4 - 0 victory can bring out the rose tinted specs.
Personally, I've no time for fans who love to sneer at the opposition.
Yes, Chesterfield are on their uppers & looking into the abyss of non-league, but they still brought a small army of fans who still love their club & are prepared to follow a losing cause.
Did we attain 70% possession? Did we have 30 shots on target? Let's look at the actual FACTS.
Possession - Stanley 51%. Chesterfield 49%
Shots - Stanley 10. Chesterfield 9
On Target - Stanley 6. Chesterfield 5
Corners - Stanley 6 Chesterfield 4
Not quite the one-horse race some people witnessed.
As for sitting back on a 3-0 lead - that's completely unfair.
Yes, lets celebrate our victory, but is it necessary to stick the knife in?

Last edited by Lord Stiffupperlip; 07-01-2018 at 17:13.
Lord Stiffupperlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 17:35   #15
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Sorry sitting back on a 3-0 lead is exactly what we did, even J.C. said as much in the video.after the third and we did is how chesterfield upped their STATS, fact.
monkey hanger likes this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..