Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree30Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-01-2018, 18:38   #16

Re: Valiant Match Thread

Anyone a bit uneasy about “The Hand of Rod”? (copyright C Gibson).

Assuming it was handled deliberately of course.
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 20-01-2018, 18:40   #17
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

who cares? Maradona got away with it.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 20-01-2018, 18:42   #18

Trevor Kettle + The hand of Rod = Karma
Old 20-01-2018, 19:11   #19
Senior Member+

A superb win for the Stanley boys today!
After giving Vale a gift on 3 minutes and a dodgy refereeing awarding Vale a free kick for their second goal we were 2 - 0 down and it seemed like the points were going South with Vale! We actually played really well for most of the first half and should have been rewarded with a goal. The FAITHFUL Stanley fans in the Clayton End kept singing though and the team was showing the necessary BELIEF needed to get back into the match!
The second half continued with Stanley on the attack constantly but with Vale always looking like they could score 'on the break'.
We were rewarded with a very important early goal which lifted the players and supporters even more! Then the second goal came and their was only going to be one winning team after that. The third goal duly came and we held on to gain a valuable three points! Most of the Stanley boys played well. Clarke Sean Mac and Kayden were always looking dangerous. Brown and Nolan were superb in midfield and the defence did well apart from being asleep in the third minute for Vale's gift of a goal. For though me I thought that Billy was MOM as he was just tremendous, setting up two goals and scoring the other. I thought that he scored his goal guiding it into the net off his stomach.....(We will see when we see the video coverage later.)
Agree with you Lord D about the atmosphere at the end with PLAYERS and SUPPORTERS united in mutual appreciation! What a Finnish to the match it was!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Didsbury View Post
Great win. Thought we played pretty well throughout.

Despite the usual partisan abuse, the Ref has a decent game I thought, apart from the free kick for their second goal and not giving Jackson a free kick (before he was booked). I assume he was unsighted for Billy’s goal though. Looked like clear handball.

[B]Lord D .....IMHO, I thought that the referee was pretty useless!
Lord D......for just the reasons that you observed above he was poor! :enough
Throughout the match his decisions on free kick awards were quite baffling and he was inconsistent 'spotting' the place from where the kicks should be taken from. He did make players move back to where the 'foul' occurred on some occasions but not on others. One example in the second half where he awarded a free kick to Vale two yards in their own half was carried five yards forwards by the Vale defender. The ref rightly made him take it back but then as the ref ran to his position the Vale defender simply rolled it forward again over the same five yards and then was allowed to take the kick!
He also allowed the Vale right back, No 21, to take several 'foul Throw Ins' as he lifted his trailing leg off the ground thus allowing him to project the ball much further down the field of play. IMHO he was inconsistent and quite poor and then in the second half he seemed to realise that he actually had a yellow card and started waving it about somewhat liberally!

Anyhow......We can all agree that it was a tremendous 'Come back' by the Stanley boys and a great result in the end and a very important three points as all but one of the top six were victorious today!
ON STANLEY ON
COME ON YOU REDS
[
/B]
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2018, 19:28   #20
Senior Member+

ps Well done to Buzza and his team of helpers for good use of 'The Covers' to protect the pitch.
There were matches at Rochdale and Halifax postponed today so it is an illustration of how well Stanley and Buzza and his team did to keep our match 'ON'.

Apologies for some grammar/typography errors in my previous post, as I was helping Mrs Choirboy preparing the Fillet Steak and Chips, and we were already downing a fine Rosemount Merlot red wine in celebration!
Happy Dayzzz....Hic!
chevyfire likes this.

Last edited by choirboy; 20-01-2018 at 19:32.
Old 20-01-2018, 19:44   #21
Senior Member+

Accrington 3-2 Port Vale | Video | Watch TV Show | Sky Sports

Just watched the video on SKY /.....Johnson did great overlapping for the third goal!

(Don't really know hos to make a 'link'????)

Oh... I just learnt how to do it!!!!!!
smobile likes this.
Old 20-01-2018, 20:05   #22
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Reckon were in for a cracking game tomorrow, weather permitting.
How perceptive you are/were young man

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2018, 09:21   #23
God Member

what a game it had everything a fan would want. all the outfield players doing o.k. firsy half and it looked if vale had done a smash and grab on us. second half another story with a roy of the rovers comeback. on toph of it you knew the pantomime season was still with us with the referee giving us a number of comedy interludes. if anyone had come for their first game at the wham they will be back. best 90 odd mins of entertainment i,ve had for years. keep it up lads, lets make it our season.
cashman likes this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2018, 09:52   #24

Was Chappers careless or unlucky for their first goal? I thought a mixture of the two.

The ball hit that mud patch and skidded low on it rather than bouncing.

What if Chappers had anticipated that it would stay low and dived on the ground and the ball had then bounced?
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2018, 10:13   #25
God Member

Superb entertainment we dug in and ground a result against the odds have to disagree about the free kick that led to their 2 goal I was sat in line with it and about the same view as the referee Nolan was pulling their lads shirt of his back when he didn't need to, so correct decision as for Billy,s hand goal it's payback for Kettle,s horror show that cost us promotion so fate could just be with us this season.
cashman likes this.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2018, 12:27   #26
God Member

was a foul leading up to their 2nd goal but no worse than a lot of other challenges for high balls he let go before he gave that one.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2018, 12:54   #27
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

To be honest think S.M.has got makings of a skipper full time? Never thought i'd ever say that, but credit were its due.
AccyMad and keep the faith like this.
Old 21-01-2018, 14:52   #28
Senior Member+

Cracking game played at a real high tempo.
Still felt we in the game at 2-0 down.
After a quiet first half Billy came alive and bullied their two CBS and was excellent.
Some great flowing football was played on a tricky surface, it maybe our year,as I haven’t
Seen a better team !!!
cashman likes this.
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2018, 14:56   #29
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Have to say from what ive seen this term. Luton have the edge on us, no-one else though.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 21-01-2018, 17:55   #30

Wasn't there yesterday but sounds like fans created a decent atmosphere even when we went behind helping the team get the goals. If we can keep this atmosphere up all rest of season it may just push us over promotion line.

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk
Lord Stiffupperlip likes this.
chevyfire is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..