Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree142Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 31-03-2018, 07:36   #151
Senior Member+

Re: The final run in.

Stop being pedantic Didsbury. 82 83 84 85 who gives a ******
I’m happy to celebrate the performances and if every other challenger wants to capitulate that’s their look out.
Here’s another one for you 101 points champions.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 31-03-2018, 08:40   #152
Senior Member+

I think a look back at Inspector Morse’s pessimism and glowing Mansfield comments are far more worthy of a revisit !!!!
Old 31-03-2018, 08:41   #153

Has as already been said - win the next three and the Reds cannot be denied a promotion place. Exeter are the club below a promotion place who can accrue the most points (87) as the third match is against them we would be on 86 while reducing their maximum total to 84. Just the little task of beating Notts County and Colchester as well first.
Jimmy Clitheroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2018, 09:13   #154

'I think a look back at Inspector Morse’s pessimism and glowing Mansfield comments are far more worthy of a revisit !!!!'

They were fairly made at the time of writing. Unfortunately I had not the clairvoyance to see the Evans defection coming. Mansfield are a strong side and gave us a game yesterday with 10 men.

The spirit the lads have shown has been amazing and a joy to watch. Good to see Seamus get his deserved moment in the spotlight. 3 more games and we could be there.
Inspector Morse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2018, 10:34   #155
Full Member+

Promotion could easily be in 7 days with just two other results going our way, and likely to be overshadowed by the premier league title being decided.
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2018, 10:48   #156
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewbacca View Post
Promotion could easily .... overshadowed by the premier league title being decided.
Not to Stanley fans, it won't.
AccyMad, cashman, yonmon and 2 others like this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2018, 11:15   #157
Senior Member+

As well as promotion and being champions, how about a third challenge? Can we get the best goal difference in the division?
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2018, 13:50   #158
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspector Morse View Post
'I think a look back at Inspector Morse’s pessimism and glowing Mansfield comments are far more worthy of a revisit !!!!'

They were fairly made at the time of writing. Unfortunately I had not the clairvoyance to see the Evans defection coming. Mansfield are a strong side and gave us a game yesterday with 10 men.

The spirit the lads have shown has been amazing and a joy to watch. Good to see Seamus get his deserved moment in the spotlight. 3 more games and we could be there.
I know mate. Nobody can get it spot on. It was just a tongue in cheek comment with his Lordship having a pop because I said 85 was the target.
Who cares ?
Wouldn’t it be great to break the 100 point mark ?
Old 31-03-2018, 13:58   #159
God Member

Heard today on RADIO 5 that the top three teams in Europe over the last 15 games are:
1. Paris St. Germain
2. Juventus
3. Accrington Stanley.

Man City? Who are they?
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2018, 14:13   #160
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
Heard today on RADIO 5 that the top three teams in Europe over the last 15 games are:
1. Paris St. Germain
2. Juventus
3. Accrington Stanley.

Man City? Who are they?
Bayern,Barcelona,Man City are below us,hardly a shock.
Old 31-03-2018, 14:30   #161

Don’t despair Twenty Eight. Social media is just a place where we alternate between showing how clever we are and attempt to cover up how stupid we are.

I’ve got a Facebook post from back in August /September when I implored everyone I knew to sell their house and put the money on Stanley getting promotion. That will be wheeled out shortly to show how god damn smart I am.

I just hope no-one remembers a similar (but totally wrong) message of confidence from last year!

Anyway, looks like 80-81 points is now looking good enough.
Stevie R likes this.
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 08:18   #162
God Member

could not care how many points we get as long as its more than the team in 4th. position.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 08:24   #163
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
could not care how many points we get as long as its more than the team in 4th. position.
Hope we win it, but my moneys on 2nd place.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 01-04-2018, 08:36   #164
God Member

3 more wins and we,ll be promoted.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 12:07   #165
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Hope we win it, but my moneys on 2nd place.
Luke Berry is going to be a massive loss for Luton mate. Weve got to lose three and they’ve got to win three to get above us.
I really fancy Mansfield to get a result tomorrow.
He might not make it but Danny Rose desperate to play.
He could make the difference.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..