Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree66Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-02-2018, 08:10   #1
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Crewe Alex Thread

Crewe for me are a very strange side this season, they can absolutely annihilate teams occasionally, then can be utter crap. yeh never know which side will turn up! we will certainly have to treat em with utmost respect tonight. so up and at em, and please make our goal difference better, Luton are catchable imho.
Old 13-02-2018, 08:23   #2
God Member

Exclamation Re: Crewe Alex Thread

That is what worries me Cashy.

We can also destroy teams, but then fall apart against teams that we are expected to beat.

I know that anybody can beat anybody, but almost 30 games in, the table should be telling a story.

There is nothing I hate more than playing a team at home, that are on a poor run... especially tonight

If we are to be promoted, these are the games we must win and do so convincingly

Chrisr and monkey hanger like this.

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2018, 08:54   #3
God Member

Re: Crewe Alex Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Luton are catchable imho.
they are but i.m more bothered about teams 4th and below us in the league.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2018, 08:55   #4
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Agree joe, but after our last 2 results i'm thinking our lads have learnt the score, I aint seen a better side than Luton in Div2 this season, but i honestly think its now possible to catch em, will be very hard i know, if we can win our game in hand and go down yon and win, then it is possible, fingers crossed.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 13-02-2018, 08:55   #5

Crewe will be desperate to get something tonight. We really need to get ahead early on, pressure and hassle Crewe as soon as they touch the ball and put the result beyond doubt before 60 mins are up. Otherwise could be a nerve wracking and frustrating end to the game.

Jackson will be key tonight - against Swindon he tormented the defence and got them spinning in circles trying to keep up with him. Same again tonight please!!
cashman and monkey hanger like this.
Tom D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2018, 09:30   #6
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom D View Post
Crewe will be desperate to get something tonight. We really need to get ahead early on, pressure and hassle Crewe as soon as they touch the ball and put the result beyond doubt before 60 mins are up. Otherwise could be a nerve wracking and frustrating end to the game.

Jackson will be key tonight - against Swindon he tormented the defence and got them spinning in circles trying to keep up with him. Same again tonight please!!
Agree TomD, but i have high hopes tonight, i really reckon our new lads are gelling together really well, just hope i'm correct.
Old 13-02-2018, 09:34   #7
Senior Member+

Personally, I would start the same 11 that played so well at Coventry on Saturday. If Sean Mc is fit to play, put him on the bench in case needed. How can Coleman drop anyone from Saturdays team?

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2018, 09:37   #8
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

just been down to the Wham for a ticket for a mate, Game good to go no problems no pitch inspection required
AccyMad, cashman, choirboy and 1 others like this.
Old 13-02-2018, 10:04   #9
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mab View Post
just been down to the Wham for a ticket for a mate, Game good to go no problems no pitch inspection required
Cheers Mab, thanks for that
choirboy and monkey hanger like this.

Old 13-02-2018, 10:12   #10
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

cheers mab i just sent a message to me mate.
Old 13-02-2018, 10:26   #11
Full Member+

Smile Re: Crewe Alex Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom D View Post

Jackson will Be key tonight - that should fool em.
ferret man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2018, 10:35   #12
Senior Member+

hope we can continue this great run of form, it's great to look at the the league table today, after witnessing the bad run of defeats from the games against Exeter, Lincoln, Crawley, Carlisle,
accybeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2018, 10:51   #13

Accrington Stanley vs Crewe Alexandra
Chesterfield vs Cambridge United
Colchester United vs Coventry City
Forest Green Rovers vs Stevenage
Lincoln City vs Cheltenham Town
Luton Town vs Crawley Town
Mansfield Town vs Newport County
Notts County vs Carlisle United
Port Vale vs Exeter City - Match postponed - Waterlogged Pitch
Wycombe Wanderers vs Swindon Town
Yeovil Town vs Barnet

Obviously the only result that matters is Stanley picking up 3 points but some interesting fixtures involving the other top teams too. Hopefully in form Crawley can stop Luton from winning, and wycombe vs swindon ends in a draw.
Tom D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2018, 10:54   #14
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferret man View Post
Jackson will Be key tonight - that should fool em.
Very funny

Old 13-02-2018, 10:54   #15
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mab View Post
Stanley should put that info on site PDQ in my opinion,quite a few travel a fair distance.
monkey hanger likes this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..