Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree66Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-02-2018, 10:56   #16
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Crewe Alex Thread

To be honest Tom i prefer a swindon win, we got 1 in hand on them and they cant pass us with that win.
Old 13-02-2018, 12:41   #17
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outback Ozzy View Post
Personally, I would start the same 11 that played so well at Coventry on Saturday. If Sean Mc is fit to play, put him on the bench in case needed. How can Coleman drop anyone from Saturdays team?
always play your best 11 that are available on the day. hope whoever plays gets in their faces like we did against swindon and i,m sure they will crack. lets hope we come out of the blocks quickly also and not have the first 15 mins. of nail biteing.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2018, 13:51   #18
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Stanley should put that info on site PDQ in my opinion,quite a few travel a fair distance.
At the time I was there there wasn't anyone available at the time who could put it on the fish site mate I said I'd put it on the forum to spread the word so to speak
cashman likes this.
Old 13-02-2018, 14:04   #19
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mab View Post
At the time I was there there wasn't anyone available at the time who could put it on the fish site mate I said I'd put it on the forum to spread the word so to speak
Well they have put summat else on since mark, the crewe lowdown, but no info for the fans, not a big shock to me,
mab and monkey hanger like this.
Old 13-02-2018, 14:16   #20
God Member

what are vale doing calling off a game as early as they did. don,t they know you have to wait till 6.30 to postpone.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2018, 15:26   #21
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Coley calls on fans

John Coleman has urged supporters to create another big atmosphere this evening to help carry his side over the line in another vital League Two fixture.
Stanley face Crewe at the Wham Stadium, after playing in front of a record crowd of over 28,000 at the Ricoh Arena on Saturday, however it was the 513 travelling fans who made themselves heard.
Coleman’s thanked those fans for their support and called on them make it another loud one when the Reds return to their home turf tonight.
“Saturday was a really good occasion,” he said. “There will be a lot of talk about it being a record crowd for League Two, but I thought that our fans were magnificent – forget the numbers, for passion alone they were brilliant.
“When we go to a big stadium they very rarely get out sung, it doesn’t half make a difference to the players. They get behind us and they stay behind us.
“We all hope they can replicate that noise and level of support again tonight. We’ve been doing OK at home and it’s crucial that we try and maintain that form until the end of the season. In tight games, they can often make that difference and be that 12th man.”
cashman and choirboy like this.
Old 13-02-2018, 15:34   #22
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Thats true and a great thing to put forward, if everyone involved with Stanley put the same effort in, things might just look up a bit.
Old 13-02-2018, 16:04   #23
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
what are vale doing calling off a game as early as they did. don,t they know you have to wait till 6.30 to postpone.
To me twas the correct thing to do, they were playing exeter, that saves dedicated fans money.
Old 13-02-2018, 16:12   #24
Senior Member+

COME ON STANLEY......
COME ON FANS...........
LOUD AND PROUD........
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2018, 20:51   #25
Senior Member+

Phew!!
KiTChener likes this.
Old 13-02-2018, 21:07   #26
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Crewe played very well i thought couldn't have grumbled if they got a draw.We were nothing like sat, but 3 pts an onwards.Thought chappers kept us in it.
KiTChener and monkey hanger like this.
Old 13-02-2018, 21:33   #27
God Member

Awful game, awful atmosphere, didnt even want my winners hour 2 pints.

Great result though. Tempered slightly by Wycombe getting an injury time winner ... we were 4 points clear in 2nd til that went in
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 13-02-2018, 22:01   #28

The bloody Beast yet a bloody gain! aaarrggghhh.

Thought Crewe were very good tonight. Passed and moved really well. We were very ordinary BUT still fairly solid.

Brown was my MOTM.

We missed McConville.
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2018, 22:08   #29
God Member

Agree 100% with last 3 points

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2018, 22:59   #30

After the heroics at the Ricoh, tonight was definitely a case of 'After the Lord Mayor's show!'
Don't know how Crewe are fighting relegation, they deserved at least a draw tonight.
Never been so relieved to hear the final whistle, especially after 5 of the other top 7 all won their games.
Jackson's goal stole the limelight, but the real heroes tonight were Chapman & the defence.
Their rear-guard action in the second half saved us from what could easily have proved an embarrassing defeat.
Respect to Crewe for a battling performance & their fans for bothering to turn up on a freezing night to witness the better team lose.
Lord Stiffupperlip is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..