Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree66Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-02-2018, 17:06   #46
God Member

Re: Crewe Alex Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Didsbury View Post
I’d be surprised if you can tell a footballer like Kee looks jaded, and surprised if his style of football would make him tired.

Brown, Nolan... they are the ones doing all the graft. Jackson, the Don, Clark... they do a lot of running but Billy mainly just stands there.

He didn’t have his best game on Tuesday but it didn’t seem anything more than he was well covered by their defence.
Billy's even better than I thought then, not many players could score 18 goals & have 8 assists to their name by 'just standing there'!
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 15-02-2018, 17:47   #47
Senior Member+

Quote:
I’d be surprised if you can tell a footballer like Kee looks jaded
Totally disagree.

Quote:
Billy mainly just stands there.
Again, disagree. I am used to watching Billy try to hassle defenders as they try to clear the ball - and goalkeepers making clearances.
He did none of that on Tuesday. Running seemed to be an effort for him.

But I am sure that I am wrong - I bow to your superior knowledge.
cashman and monkey hanger like this.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2018, 07:41   #48
God Member

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="3"]Again, disagree. I am used to watching Billy try to hassle defenders as they try to clear the ball - and goalkeepers making clearances.
He did none of that on Tuesday. Running seemed to be an effort for him.

think we all see matches differently. some enjoyed tuesday night and i imagine others like me found it boring. agree with your take on billy and glad we have a free week next week after the barnet game for all to re charge their batteries.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2018, 11:44   #49
Senior Member+

Well I hope that our Super Billy Kee carries on........"Just standing there"....
Then he should bag another twelve goals before the end of the season and get another half a dozen assists in. He should then finish up as League Two Top Scorer with THIRTY goals to his name and he will have played a MASSIVE part in Accrington Stanley being PROMOTED!
Yeah....Keep on Billy........."Just standing there!!!!"
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2018, 18:25   #50
God Member

The tactic of "just standing there" is nothing new. In a recent article by Graeme Souness he described how he'd been out for some weeks with an injury and, when he was picked for the next game, Joe Fagan told him that he won't be able to cover the whole ground. "Just stand there", said Joe, "and let the ball come to you".
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2018, 18:39   #51
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
The tactic of "just standing there" is nothing new. In a recent article by Graeme Souness he described how he'd been out for some weeks with an injury and, when he was picked for the next game, Joe Fagan told him that he won't be able to cover the whole ground. "Just stand there", said Joe, "and let the ball come to you".
Aye but Joe Fagin wasn't as up to speed as LordD.
Old 16-02-2018, 21:58   #52
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Aye but Joe Fagin wasn't as up to speed as LordD.
Perhaps all of our players should............."Just stand there!"
Then we would "RUNAWAY" with the League!
cashman likes this.
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2018, 10:50   #53
Full Member+

It was FEB 17
you know what I mean
an our league posi'sh is way beyond compare
So let's go an try to win another
with the whole team standing there.
(Beatles I saw her standing there)

Last edited by ferret man; 17-02-2018 at 10:53.
ferret man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2018, 12:58   #54
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by choirboy View Post
Perhaps all of our players should............."Just stand there!"
Then we would "RUNAWAY" with the League!
I have just read The ninety two, and billy kee is second, behind Liverpools Salah in all four divisions for goals @ assists, not bad for someone who just stands their, i'm certain some watch different matches to others.
Revived Red likes this.
Old 17-02-2018, 13:21   #55

Oh dear, I gather that it is a hanging offence to suggest Billy is anything but superhuman in everything he does.

Sorry all, but I’ve seen far better forwards than Billy over the years (sniffer Clarke, Lee Chapman) and believe me they also did sod all running about but they didn’t half stuff the ball in the old onion bag regularly.

There’s nothing wrong with that. Honestly, there isn’t.
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2018, 13:33   #56
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Not a hanging offense at all, just a blind mans offense to me.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..