Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree55Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-04-2018, 19:56   #46

Re: 1000+ Season Tickets

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
Latest update.............

Season Ticket Update ? Accrington Stanley

Really hate being negative, but 450 is poor I feel

League 1 football for less that a tenner a game, we should have smashed the 1000 target already!!

The positive side of me is saying that after promotion is sealed tomorrow, the ticket sales will BOOM

Have already spoken to several 'locals' who are getting their first ever season tickets, can only assume 'regulars' will be along at last minute!!
monkey hanger likes this.
KiTChener is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 18-04-2018, 15:11   #47
God Member

Smile Re: 1000+ Season Tickets

Going to be queuing for miles

Extended Hours for Season Ticket Applications ? Accrington Stanley

AccyMad likes this.

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2018, 10:44   #48
Senior Member+

Just been up to the ground to get a ticket for my 7 year old Grandson for Saturday v Lincoln City. It is nearly a SELL OUT! He is having a Season Ticket next year! Excellent value at £23........just £1 per match!!!

COME ON STANLEY!

The nice lass in the office said we had sold about 800 Season Tickets for next season already....
So the 1,000 barrier should be blown away!
monkey hanger likes this.
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2018, 09:43   #49
Full Member+

They wouldn't let me buy over the phone during the week or in person earlier this morning.

If other options or a solution was offered I wouldn't mind, but you can't have the last 4/5 days of a sales window where you don't sell, or restrict selling, and don't advertise it.

If they don't let me buy by phone on Monday at the third time of trying won't bother next season, I understand they are busy but there is no need for DB to be obnoxious, as they may not be so busy next season.
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2018, 09:59   #50
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

That is absolutely ridiculous, talk about get the fans onside. Though if yeh say D.B. was obnoxious from what ive heard its nowt new.
Old 28-04-2018, 10:19   #51
Full Member+

talk to Andy Holt about it today
cashman likes this.
ferret man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2018, 20:02   #52

My dad went to renew season tickets today... was initially told couldn't as they had too much on!
He told them was for 4 season tickets so they changed their mind after a bit.

For club with supposedly no money, refusing a cheque for £850+ is ridiculous, especially as it took 2 mins to write a receipt, and is basically free revenue for Stanley.

Going to email Mr Holt - I think he would be livid. Might leave it to after the weekend though, think he might be a bit preoccupied with celebrating/the mother of all hangovers.

Not taking anything away from today's achievement, before anyone starts having a go. But have seen too many posts from people unable to give the club money. It's crazy.
cashman likes this.
Tom D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2018, 22:19   #53

New rules came into effect on 13 January 2018 meaning Companies are banned from charging ANY fees for credit or debit card payments.
You cannot be penalised for choosing to pay by card, either online or in-store.

Imagine my shock when ASFC charged me an additional £3 (again) for using my debit card to renew my season ticket earlier this week.
This is a clear breach of trading standards which I intend to report.
Lord Stiffupperlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2018, 23:15   #54
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Stiffupperlip View Post
New rules came into effect on 13 January 2018 meaning Companies are banned from charging ANY fees for credit or debit card payments.

Imagine my shock when ASFC charged me an additional £3 (again) for using my debit card to renew my season ticket earlier this week.
Are you serious?? With the prices Stanley are charging for a season of league 1 football & you're: honestly gonna whinge about a £3 charge -
Wynonie Harris likes this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2018, 01:49   #55
Super Moderator

Quote:

We've just had the greatest day in our history, we've had a wonderful season and we're about to embark on an exciting new adventure in league 1 and you're grumbling about paying three quid?? Are you joking?
AccyMad and baldy like this.
Old 29-04-2018, 07:32   #56

We couldn’t renew yesterday. Think the card machine was bust.
Handled very well though - they arranged to phone us Monday at a specific time.
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2018, 08:02   #57
Senior Member+

Of course it was a great day and a wonderful season , and £3 is neither here nor there in that context. But neither day nor season would be improved by the club incurring a socking great fine from Trading Standards for failing to notice , or ignoring , a very well publicised change in the rules, which on the face of it would seem to be the case. So, assuming it is cock-up not conspiracy , the club should be pleased to have this brought to their attention. But I would ask Lord S please to complain to the club formally before dobbing them (us!) in.
Old 29-04-2018, 10:45   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimer View Post
Of course it was a great day and a wonderful season , and £3 is neither here nor there in that context. But neither day nor season would be improved by the club incurring a socking great fine from Trading Standards for failing to notice , or ignoring , a very well publicised change in the rules, which on the face of it would seem to be the case. So, assuming it is cock-up not conspiracy , the club should be pleased to have this brought to their attention. But I would ask Lord S please to complain to the club formally before dobbing them (us!) in.
Chimer my friend, thank you for your balanced case for the defence.
As for the acid-drop response from AccyMad implying I'm really Ebenezer Scrooge in disguise, I would respond thus;
Despite being a pensioner, I've been a season ticket holder for 2 years now & have attended every friendly, cup & home game.
Before that, I paid full admission prices.
I support the club through the 'Gold Bond' club & always purchase 50/50 draw tickets, buy programs, pies & beer
I donated unused kit to the OASSC, which raised over a thousand pounds for their cause.
The point is not that £3 is an acceptable charge for - and I quote 'Credit Card Admin fee, if applicable' but that the club are breaking the law.
Having paid by debit card, the club were paid instantly from my account.
£3 may be a trivial sum to AccyMad, but I've gladly contributed thousands following ASFC over the years.
Seems unfair for the club to reward my loyalty by picking my pocket for a paltry £3 & breaking the law to boot!
Lord Stiffupperlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2018, 14:27   #59
God Member

Quote:
Chimer my friend, thank you for your balanced case for the defence.
As for the acid-drop response from AccyMad implying I'm really Ebenezer Scrooge in disguise, I would respond thus;
Despite being a pensioner, I've been a season ticket holder for 2 years now & have attended every friendly, cup & home game.
Before that, I paid full admission prices.
I support the club through the 'Gold Bond' club & always purchase 50/50 draw tickets, buy programs, pies & beer
I donated unused kit to the OASSC, which raised over a thousand pounds for their cause.
The point is not that £3 is an acceptable charge for - and I quote 'Credit Card Admin fee, if applicable' but that the club are breaking the law.
Having paid by debit card, the club were paid instantly from my account.
£3 may be a trivial sum to AccyMad, but I've gladly contributed thousands following ASFC over the years.
Seems unfair for the club to reward my loyalty by picking my pocket for a paltry £3 & breaking the law to boot!
Just seemed to me an inappropriate time to whinge about such a small matter - Wynonie posted in a very similar vein & yet that doesn't seem to have upset you?
As for how much you've ploughed into the club over the years, you're certainly not unique in that & I can assure you that £3 is not a trivial sum to me but unlike you I won't go on about why that is as my personal circumstances are just that - personal!
Yes, the club made a mistake but I'm sure if you'd pointed it out to them instead of posting on here that you're going to report them to trading standards for it, the matter would have been sorted
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2018, 14:55   #60
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
Wynonie posted in a very similar vein & yet that doesn't seem to have upset you?
Yeah, that's right. Are my posts not good enough or what?

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..