Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree24Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-04-2018, 15:31   #16
Senior Member+

Re: Magpies at home thread

Wycombe winning 2-1, Luton 1-1, Coventry 2-4
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 02-04-2018, 15:33   #17
Senior Member+

Wycombe 2-1 up, Luton 1-1, Coventry 2-4, things are on the move?
ossy kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 15:36   #18
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Luton now 2-1 up.
Old 02-04-2018, 15:48   #19
God Member

Hold on men
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 15:53   #20
God Member

Another great day ahead. Good onya STANLEY
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 15:55   #21
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

And another good result from the Lads!
Old 02-04-2018, 16:20   #22
Senior Member+

A day of two halves - first half unbelievable in term of other scores, second half just very good on account of ours!!

8 points from 7 games for automatic, 13 for champions, assuming Luton, Wycombe and Exeter win everything left.
Old 02-04-2018, 16:21   #23
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Good all round display County played well but there keeper was very good i thought. Brown was a colossus today. a great 3 Pts
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 02-04-2018, 16:39   #24

WE’re up! 80 points looks good enough. Another 8 or 9 points for the title.

Agree Cashy, Brown was very good. They all played really well second half though. Jackson was such a handful for their defence today....needed a goal to truly earn his MOTM.
monkey hanger likes this.
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 17:24   #25
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
Radio 5 report Chappers involved in car accident on way to game. In hospital but hopefully not too serious.

Coley in his post match interview referred to Chappers being in a 'Traffic' Accident' and that he had gone to hospital as a 'Precaution' ...so hopefully no injury that could cause a real problem.

Jonny Maxted came in and had a really good game though. He looked fit and is an experienced keeper and he did the business when he had to.
KiTChener and monkey hanger like this.
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 17:47   #26
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Didsbury View Post
WE’re up! 80 points looks good enough. Another 8 or 9 points for the title.

Agree Cashy, Brown was very good. They all played really well second half though. Jackson was such a handful for their defence today....needed a goal to truly earn his MOTM.
Lord D....
you cannot say "We're up" until it is proven mathematically!

Just keep looking at the next match and working hard in order to get THREE POINTS!

Today, the 1 - 0 victory against Notts County was indeed a very hard earned THREE POINTS!!!
Jonny Maxted came in very late, for Chapman, and played with experience and confidence and deserves a lot of credit for his performance today. Well done Jonny.
The defence looked solid for most of the match with County threatening to score much less frequently than Stanley. I think that other managers in League Two will be agreeing that Stanley, in the last third of the season, have become a team who are very difficult to beat.
We were willing young Jimmy Dunn to get on the score sheet today and he had another great match. Hughes used his experience to good effect and took his goal with 'Aplomb'! Both Donacien and Johnson did their jobs well and helped in the attacking play superbly too. Young Callum Johnson has come on in leaps and bounds and it is such a pleasure to see him develop so well!
Coneely and Brown worked very hard in midfield against a really good attack minded county set up and Seamus got a smack in the nose in the 91st minute for his efforts too!
It was a difficult day for attacking players to dribble and control the ball on the flat wet surface but Jordan and Sean worked their socks off up and down helping in attack and in defence.
Billy Kee for me was immense today. Getting under every high ball and flicking on some great headers for Kayden to run on to. Kayden once again ran himself into the ground and I think that he did just deserve the MOM award. Kayden could have scored a hat trick today with a bit of luck but he just couldn't seem to set the ball up for a proper shot on his runs at goal as it kept dragging under his feet on the wet surface. Hey......but well played Kayden and to all of the boys.
The team coped well when we were all getting somewhat anxious in the closing minutes of the match.
What a great celebration at the final whistle and the players showed their appreciation of the fans efforts in front of the Clayton End!!

COME ON STANLEY....
Keep it going boys.....
THREE POINTS available next match!!!

ON STANLEY ON....
KEEP THE FAITH

Last edited by choirboy; 02-04-2018 at 17:49.
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 18:04   #27
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by choirboy View Post

Coley in his post match interview referred to Chappers being in a 'Traffic' Accident' and that he had gone to hospital as a 'Precaution' ...so hopefully no injury that could cause a real problem.

Jonny Maxted came in and had a really good game though. He looked fit and is an experienced keeper and he did the business when he had to.
More about Aaron. Hope for a speedy recovery:
Aaron Chapman: Accrington goalkeeper taken to hospital as precaution after car crash - BBC Sport
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 18:15   #28
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Aaron should be ok i believe,and hope. Maxted equipped himself very well today making his debut in a real high pressure match, commanded his area very well i thought.
Old 02-04-2018, 18:22   #29
Senior Member+

Because it was a difficult call all round I would have given MOM to Maxted. Showed authority in the box when called upon and great kicking. Didn’t put a foot wrong.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 18:31   #30
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Meself i thought "Brown" but Maxted getting it, sure wouldn't have argued.
mab likes this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..