Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree55Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-04-2018, 15:54   #16
God Member

Re: Exeter City Match Thread

Kiwi John is online now   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 14-04-2018, 16:26   #17
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Good game 2 good sides today, Thought we created more, but cant complain about result they worked hard enough for a point did Exeter. imho
chevyfire and monkey hanger like this.
Old 14-04-2018, 16:38   #18
Super Moderator

So, we need one point to be sure of an automatic place?
Old 14-04-2018, 16:44   #19
Full Member+

Two to be sure, one plus goal difference. But worse finish now fourth and exeter have to win all their games
Wynonie Harris likes this.
Old 14-04-2018, 16:50   #20

Fair game and fair result. Stanley started well, Exeter scored when they had a good spell. Second half, we put lots of pressure on Exeter but they where good on counter attack. Exeter where worthy opponents. Billy didn't win much today but his strike partner Kayden caused a lot of trouble for Exeters defence including scoring an excellent goal. Some of distribution wasn't up to usual standard but I thought we did ok under the expectation. An honourable mention for Scott brown who buzzes around well and Seamus who kept us calm. Exeter caused are defence alot more problems than some other side's. Fan wise I wish we could get some of the younger fans singing for the full 90 minutes! Atmosphere was good today though and think the flags at start and singing before game added to the event. Let's win on Tuesday night.

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk
chevyfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2018, 16:51   #21
Full Member+

Exeter best side I've seen at Wham this season. Stanley were nervy in first half, second half much better.
Old 14-04-2018, 16:54   #22
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Thought any one of our lads today coulda been MOM and no-one coulda complained.
KiTChener and monkey hanger like this.
Old 14-04-2018, 16:59   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabeast View Post
Two to be sure, one plus goal difference. But worse finish now fourth and exeter have to win all their games
And we lose all ours, presumably?
The permutations are giving me brain-ache!
KiTChener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2018, 17:09   #24
Full Member+

If exeter drop any points we are promoted regardless of our results kitchener
KiTChener likes this.
Old 14-04-2018, 18:12   #25
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Just read Exeters matchday thread on their forum, overall a very fair assesment of todays game, the side i thought were one of the best and fairest ive seen this season, hope they make it. its a good place to go is Exeter.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 14-04-2018, 18:59   #26
Senior Member+

I will enjoy my beer tonight!!,good team Exeter and in Stockley,have a player with good movement to create half a chance.
Knew it would be difficult if they turned up,and it sounds like they did !!!
Just need yonmons unbiased match report
AccyMad and cashman like this.
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2018, 20:00   #27

Scott Brown, Callum Johnson, Kayden Jackson.

These are a few of my favourite things.
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2018, 20:01   #28
Senior Member+

Mightily impressed with Kane Wilson today (no 22) you could see his pedigree come through.
How on earth he can’t walk in that West Brom side is beyond me.
Exeter are a good side.
On to the next one ...........
KiTChener likes this.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2018, 20:09   #29

Donacien looked like he was struggling throughout second half - wonder if was caring an injury from the start. Glad kayden got a goal. Really looking forward to Tuesday night now.
Tom D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2018, 20:29   #30
Senior Member+

It was a very even matched affair today....
Two good sides wanting to play football but both with a physical presence which lead very much to a cancelling out effect for much of the match.....
There was a great pre-match atmosphere and I really enjoyed seeing the flags and banners back on display as the teams came out.
It was a well respected minute of applause for John De Maine before the kick off applauded 100% by the Exeter fans too which was really nice to see.
Stanley started the stronger
but Exeter scored first with really their first decent attack. Stanley dug in though and got a well deserved equaliser through the "Lightning legs" of Kayden Jackson.
After half time the match developed into an 'End to End' process and both sides had opportunities to increase their goal tally. Both goal keepers played their part in keeping the score level.
In reality I suppose that a draw was always going to be the likely outcome with both sides playing with so much at stake.

Stanley can take solace in the fact that we stopped Exeter making any progress on us by denying them three points and we can now look forward to another chance to achieve promotion on Tuesday night against Yeovil.
I hope that the fans turn out on Tuesday in as good numbers as they have done in the last two home matches in order to help our team get over that line!
ON STANLEY ON
KEEP THE FAITH
cashman likes this.
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..