Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree55Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-04-2018, 20:47   #31
Senior Member+

Re: Exeter City Match Thread

Well my first game in a few months and an enjoyable day out....... Nice to get some Vitamin D in the old cow shed for once !

Thought a draw was a fair result, both teams edged each half in my humble opinion.

Was massively impressed with Scott Brown in the middle, showed some wonderful touches. Basically ran the game for a period, a joy to watch for me on occasion.

Not quite sure what game boy wonder Mcconville was playing today, but it certainly wasnt football. Absolutely dreadful for me today, the amount of crosses that hit the first man was unbelievable along with wayward free kicks. Not a good day at the office , along with Kee, who for me looked knackered after an hour ?

Keep that champaigne on ice !
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 14-04-2018, 21:11   #32
Senior Member+

In total agreement that two very good teams cancelled each other out and rightly shared the points !
The day was made all the better for meeting up again with that 100% winger who scored the winning goal in Stanley's first game following their reformation , and one of the nicest chaps you could wish to meet... Alan Davies !.
My chat with him and his lovely wife Marilyn was a joy !.... and they both shared in the excitement we were all privileged to feel in this afternoon's game !.

ON STANLEY !... ON ... TO GREATER THINGS !!
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2018, 22:24   #33
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
So, we need one point to be sure of an automatic place?
Yep!
Wynonie Harris likes this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2018, 22:34   #34
God Member

Think Exeter were the best side Stanley have faced this season & tbh, a draw was probably a fair result.
Having said that, I think the hype around this game got to our lads - in my honest opinion & whilst it was good too see the ground packed, I would much rather we'd had the usual 1300'ish crowd & it had been treated as a 'normal' game - never mind lads, we go again on Tuesday & will hopefully sew it up
yonmon likes this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2018, 07:57   #35
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Just read Exeters matchday thread on their forum, overall a very fair assesment of todays game, the side i thought were one of the best and fairest ive seen this season, hope they make it. its a good place to go is Exeter.
agree cashy. although it was a draw yesterday football was the winner.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2018, 08:23   #36
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudgie View Post
Well my first game in a few months and an enjoyable day out....... Nice to get some Vitamin D in the old cow shed for once !

Thought a draw was a fair result, both teams edged each half in my humble opinion.

Was massively impressed with Scott Brown in the middle, showed some wonderful touches. Basically ran the game for a period, a joy to watch for me on occasion.

Not quite sure what game boy wonder Mcconville was playing today, but it certainly wasnt football. Absolutely dreadful for me today, the amount of crosses that hit the first man was unbelievable along with wayward free kicks. Not a good day at the office , along with Kee, who for me looked knackered after an hour ?

Keep that champaigne on ice !
Agree with you Smudgie ....

The Golden One was slightly tarnished against the Grecians !... some Brasso applied with an oily rag before Tuesday evening MIGHT restore his brilliance ?.

( AccyMad will love this riposte !).

KTF!.
AccyMad and choirboy like this.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2018, 09:41   #37
God Member

Very good advert for league 2 football 2 good footballing sides that went for the points in the end a draw was a fair result Sotty Brown has been good recently but yesterday was immense and would have been my mom, said earlier in a thread thought 86 points would be enough to get us over the line now its 85 but hopefully a win Tuesday night will put the gloss on a marvellous season.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2018, 10:45   #38
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Just noticed a post from a Rotherham fan on the introduce you section of the forum, wishing us well for the Exeter match, much appreciated by me anyway.
Greeny likes this.
Old 15-04-2018, 13:22   #39
Senior Member+

85 points has always been the target for me.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2018, 15:41   #40
Senior Member+

Don't be cheap 28, sitting here with the sun belting down, the sea crashing waves on the shore and a couple of drinks waiting, there's no doubt in my mind, we will be in the 90+.
This is the best Stanley team since the bunch of lads who began all this saga in 1970.
I think maybe I've already had too much to drink. "Wahtvere hpapnes" It's brilliant Stanley div 1, Championship here we come. Incidentally yesterday was the 12th anniversary of the win which took us back in to the football league.
ossy kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2018, 16:50   #41
Senior Member+

Excuse me ? Cheap ?
Think about it. 85 the target to get up. How many we get is another thing.
Calm down ! Let’s get in League One first.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2018, 19:38   #42
Senior Member+

Calm down??? not for the next couple of weeks, I think most of us are on a high ride, having been a Stanley man since 1955 and there in 62 and 69 I think we have a right to be "egggstatic", it's amazing.
AccyMad and cashman like this.
ossy kid is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..