Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree152Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-04-2018, 00:05   #46
Senior Member+

Re: Glovers Game Thread

Just got home having had to leave the party early for a drive over the Pennines. Great night for all concerned - well done.
On to the next one ....... let’s get the league won outright now.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 18-04-2018, 00:25   #47

Great result again tonight, fantastic achievement in gaining promotion, well done to everyone involved.
choirboy likes this.
Shurm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2018, 00:36   #48

I'm a Vale supporter who has posted on here before but not for some time.

All I want to say is congratulations and well done, many Vale fans have a great respect for Stanley and your excellent chairman who was very supportive of us in some of the troubles we've had in recent years, you are lucky to have such a well run club and there is a touch of jealousy here at Vale Park in that regard!

I honestly think if you keep the core of your side and build on it you'll do well in L1 as your style of football will fare well there, it's not quite so 'brute physical' as L2 and pass & move sides with a bit of quality tend to have more success. You were well worth your double over us this season even if we did chuck away a two goal lead at your place!

I don't often go on opposition fans boards but I feel tonight I have to, just to congratulate you on what is a monumental achievement for a club I have a lot of respect for. We hope to join you in L1 in the not too distant future.
SourceOfTheTrent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2018, 00:55   #49

Massive congratulations to all at Accrington Stanley, what a fantastic achievement in achieving Promotion to League One.

Could not be more pleased for you all!
Now finish the job and win the title!

from a Sheffield Wednesday fan.
WednesdayJon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2018, 07:41   #50

Incredible achievement. Looking forward to joining the party at Wycombe on Saturday when,with a bit of help from Carlisle, we could win the league.
choirboy likes this.
Lost in Cornwall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2018, 08:41   #51

Absolutely fantastic achievement, couldn't be more chuffed for everyone involved with the club. You can keep your Chelsea's and City's with their billions, this is where it matters. Party long and hard guys, you all deserve it.
Southendfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2018, 09:43   #52
Full Member+

I have not stopped smiling yet, what a night. Our football pitch became a stage and our team played a performance worthy of an Oscar.........well done everyone of you . The referee was a decent one too. A night only dreams are made of .
AccyMad, sherry and choirboy like this.
Greeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2018, 09:52   #53

Massive congratulations everyone. Haven't been in this forum for a while but I am very happy for everyone at the club and more importantly the people who have following this club for so long through the good and bad times. An incredible achievement and I hope you all have a lot of fun next season, visiting new grounds and who knows, maybe causing an upset or two! Are you prepared to welcome Sunderland to Accrington?
Old 18-04-2018, 11:42   #54
God Member

Still emotional after last night, absolutely fantastic - the game, the result & well, just everything about it!!
Shame I couldn't stay longer but I savoured every minute that I did, had to be up early this morning for work but made sure my bus was trimmed up with Stanley scarves for our journeys before we set off.
So proud of our lads, our club & our fans - what a season & it's not over yet!! Roll on Saturday, see you all in Wycombe
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2018, 13:56   #55
Senior Member+

I have it on good authority there are some sore heads including players wives this morning .......... even the tea totallers !!!!!
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2018, 14:54   #56
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
I have it on good authority there are some sore heads including players wives this morning .......... even the tea totallers !!!!!
They have been well earned imho.
Old 18-04-2018, 15:20   #57
Senior Member+

Here,s one sore head in Puerta Vallarta, it,s just gone 10 a.m. and I need a coffee, that extra 6 hours of celebrating hurts this morning. Great comments on here everyone, wow, what a night. Congratulations all round.
ossy kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2018, 16:35   #58
Full Member+

Superb night, great to see players, fans and club staff all mixing after the game. The striking thing for me was how many youngsters were there. All I have read all day is other clubs and their fans praising the club and wishing us well. This is all testament to the great leadership shown by Andy Holt, along with a wonderful team who will run through walls for each other. Magnificent.
MikeA, ossy kid and chevyfire like this.
Old 18-04-2018, 16:45   #59
Senior Member+

It's been Ange B's birthday today as well she got cuff all from me so thank you to the mighty Stanley for providing the best birthday present ever for covering up my ineptitude. Still hasn't sunk in but boy did we feel rubbish this morning.
Amazing achievement and congratulations to all involved...the Stanley roller coaster rolls on...bloody hell!
maccawozzagod likes this.
Old 18-04-2018, 16:55   #60
God Member

Just a note about something I heard last night, apparently the Yeovil players got changed at their hotel rather than use our changing rooms
Who do they think they are - not like they're in league 1 or anything ok, they've got 5 internationals which is why we had to postpone this game in the first place but it didn't do 'em any good did it
KiTChener and nige b like this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..