Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree43Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-04-2018, 20:41   #61
God Member

Re: Newport Game

Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 24-04-2018, 20:43   #62
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

All over on to Saturday now!
Old 24-04-2018, 21:03   #63
God Member

If I'm being honest, I'm not that surprised at tonight's result - two long haul games so close together after all the emotion last Tuesday was bound to take it's toll on the lads, plus there was the pressure of keeping the unbeaten run going, well that pressure's gone now & we go again on Saturday when I've every confidence that we'll clinch the title.
KiTChener and monkey hanger like this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2018, 21:11   #64

Lincoln have beaten us twice already this term - ain't gonna be easy to get a point.
LongLostSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2018, 21:49   #65
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongLostSon View Post
Lincoln have beaten us twice already this term - ain't gonna be easy to get a point.
No it won't - but when did Stanley ever do anything the easy way, we'll be fine
KiTChener likes this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2018, 02:41   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by choirboy View Post
I bet you're getting a bit MAD now AccyMad!
I know it is confusing for us slow sad old lags!

(Perhaps it would be a good idea for the 'Newport' version, Accy Mad to modify his/her identity).
Surely the 'Mods' can rectify this confusion?
KiTChener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2018, 03:21   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
If I'm being honest, I'm not that surprised at tonight's result - two long haul games so close together after all the emotion last Tuesday was bound to take it's toll on the lads, plus there was the pressure of keeping the unbeaten run going, well that pressure's gone now & we go again on Saturday when I've every confidence that we'll clinch the title.
Went to my first away match in many a year tonight, think the last one was a cup game of some kind at Elland Road ???years ago.
Really enjoyed the experience, although not the result, which, BTW, I thought was a fair reflection of our overall performance, but, on exiting the coach, my 72year old body was complaining after the near 6hour journey, and I could only think what our players must feel like (albeit some 50 years younger!) after experiencing two similar coach journeys within a few days? Then to go & play a football match? Plus, as you say, the additional pressures?

I know that Club finances do not allow for private jets down to away matches, as enjoyed by some of our so-called colleagues a little higher up the ladder (OK, only two divisions higher as of next season!), but, it would be interesting to know the costs re: overnight stays.... the reason I ask this, is not because I expect Mr. Holt to cover this expense, rather to suggest that we, as true fans, may be able to assist, with the excellent fund-raising abilities of the OASSC, in helping towards this expense? If we can raise enough for an oversize TV, which most fans on the Clayton End cannot benefit from, (by most, I mean those such as my good friend Cashy & his mates, by virtue of being my generation) & cannot even see properly, surely it would benefit us more by assisting our lads to arrive at some away games in a much less exhausted state than I felt at 6:30 pm last night?

Only a thought, perhaps brought on by my mental state after a near 15 hour round trip, and not a drink in sight until arriving home!!
Kiwi John likes this.

Last edited by KiTChener; 25-04-2018 at 03:29.
Old 25-04-2018, 07:43   #68

I’d be surprised if a leisurely 4 hour coach journey will be that much of a hassle.
If I get leg space on a train or plane it really doesn’t bother me - aged 55.

If my legs are cramped my sciatica plays up - not a condition I’d expect them to suffer from.
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2018, 07:52   #69
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Thought the result was about right last night, first half we never came out the traps, very poor, Newport wanted it more than us, dont think that shoulda been the case but thats what was. second half we played quite a bit better coulda got a point i thought, also thought if Billy had scored 10 mins sooner, then we probably would have done. Mat Guy was there had a natter with him did Kitchener and i. Next to us in the stand were 3 Bristol City fans, who told us, when Stanley were down that way, they come and support us. that was very pleasing, just shows how we are loved in many areas. was a good turnout of stanley fans for tues night i thought, so come on Stanley, lets do it against Lincoln on sat.
KiTChener, mab, choirboy and 1 others like this.
Old 25-04-2018, 08:16   #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiTChener View Post
Surely the 'Mods' can rectify this confusion?
Aye, where's an AccyMod when you need one ? or do I mean Accy Mod ?
KiTChener and choirboy like this.
LongLostSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2018, 08:45   #71
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongLostSon View Post
Aye, where's an AccyMod when you need one ? or do I mean Accy Mod ?
He's probably out riding on his vintage Lambretta!
KiTChener likes this.
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2018, 08:50   #72

Quote:
Originally Posted by choirboy View Post
He's probably out riding on his vintage Lambretta!
Can't do the colours, but do you mean Lam Bretta?

I'll get me coat!
Old 25-04-2018, 08:59   #73
Senior Member+

Twist turns ups downs etc. One of our poorest performances for a long time. Think we just ran out of energy. All of the back four were pulled all over the place last night and done for pace by a lively front line.
Nouble was a thorn in the side all night. Dunne got a big wake up call and Hughsey done for pace too many times.
Expect more bully boy tactics Saturday with Rhead and Green.
They need a good rest this week.
I still expect Luton to drop points though so not overly worried.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2018, 09:05   #74
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiTChener View Post
Can't do the colours, but do you mean Lam Bretta?

I'll get me coat!
No.......I mean Lambretta, the well known motor scooter.
Made in Italy since 1947
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2018, 09:09   #75
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
I still expect Luton to drop points though so not overly worried.
so do i plus lincoln only need a point to ensure a play off place. no need for any panic at all.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..