Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree85Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-04-2018, 12:02   #31
Senior Member+

Re: Who can cut it in Div 1?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Didsbury View Post
I don’t believe I have ever laughed so much as I did at Revived Red’s comment:

“A social media platform such as this succeeds by promoting that sense of unity, not trying to destroy it.”

So, to recap. We have a thread on here that is 8,000 pages long dedicated to slagging Sean Mc, we have had endless, absolutely endless, slagging of:
The big screen, The Clayton end steps, Coleman not rotating his players, minor problems Buying tickets, Petty arguments with Dav and Twenty Eight (that I don’t understand), referee slating.

Oh yeah, and we get a Lincoln fan giving us some good wishes only to be shot down in flames.

Meanwhile I express some views that we will be generally good enough to make mid table and some little tit bit that I have doubts about Chappy is picked on.

I think it’s been pretty clear who the most confident poster on here has been. Yup, the bloke who said ages ago that promotion was already won when you miserable bugg@rs were obviously contemplating some impossible collapse in form. A huge vote of confidence to the players and management that is.
I’ve accepted it’s because I’m a Yorkshireman Lord D - prejudice above and beyond hahaha - but come on lads all’s well that ends well. A few months to enjoy before League One worries concerns etc become realities.
mab likes this.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 29-04-2018, 19:33   #32

So presumably it was premature to slag off difficulties in buying season tickets until that all important Monday deadline!

Plenty of very fair speculation in the press about whether Mo Farah would be able to cut it in the marathon before last Sunday. Farah, himself, has those doubts but because he’s not some lily livered snowflake is prepared to give it a go.

I would be amazed if any of the players don’t have similar doubts about next season, and amazed if they aren’t also relishing finding out.

In any event, I’m sure all concerned would have realised that how they will do next year has no bearing on how they would do this year against a second division team. But as Lord Stiff points out - as if they read this.
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2018, 13:47   #33
God Member

As we'll be at Swindon this Saturday here's a wild, crazy hope that Professor Coleman makes some big changes and lets as many of the squad, who haven't had many minutes on the pitch, get a game.
The favoured XI have been brilliant but I'd be really interested to see the likes of Sousa, Nolan, Rodgers, Maxted, Williams, Ogle, Big Ben all get a run out.
I still remember the damp squib that was the last Conference game at Kidderminster (mainly for the food, not the game) and giving these lads a go might be one way of rewarding them for constantly being on stand-by.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2018, 17:06   #34
God Member

Fully agree Exile. Ive no doubt that Coley will field a first 11 as he thinks he should be as competitive as possible, but I honestly think the second 11, on this occasion, will be more competitive.

Big Bill HAS to play though to try to ensure he gets the golden boot
Old 30-04-2018, 20:24   #35
Senior Member+

It’s a nice dilemma for me.
I have a ticket ...... but being selfish unless Seamus and Jordan play I won’t travel. It’s a long haul and added to travels to Wycombe and Newport I’m ready for a rest.
That said if Coley gives the squad members a run I for one won’t moan .... but Clicker will he wants double figures for the season !
Old 01-05-2018, 15:02   #36
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
but being selfish unless Seamus and Jordan play I won’t travel.!
Just asking out of curiosity really, but why?
Old 01-05-2018, 21:23   #37
Senior Member+

South Yorkshire mafia. Let’s just say we’re close.
Wynonie Harris likes this.
Old 06-05-2018, 11:23   #38
Full Member+

It will be interesting to see who stays for next season, I was disappointed that Coley didn't play the fringe players at Swindon. Who wants to go t a club just to keep thbench warm.
Chrisr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 13:46   #39
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisr View Post
It will be interesting to see who stays for next season, I was disappointed that Coley didn't play the fringe players at Swindon. Who wants to go t a club just to keep thbench warm.
On the evidence of Premier League clubs, a lot.
Greger and monkey hanger like this.
Old 06-05-2018, 14:04   #40
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
On the evidence of Premier League clubs, a lot.
Aye but they get good money. thats gotta have some bearing on it.?
Old 06-05-2018, 16:00   #41
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Aye but they get good money. thats gotta have some bearing on it.?
At that level it's got everything to do with it, Cashy.
KiTChener likes this.
Old 07-05-2018, 09:03   #42

Congratulations to Aaron Chapman on winning the Sky Sports 'Golden Glove' award for league 2
His 19 clean sheets helped us win promotion.
One of our team who can definitely cut-it in league 1.
cashman and Chrisr like this.
Lord Stiffupperlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 10:06   #43

It was a fine achievement by Chappers. He was a good shot stopper but I can’t recall him giving any goals away from howlers. Since we won so many games by a single goal that equated to a lot of points.
Old 07-05-2018, 10:41   #44
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Didsbury View Post
It was a fine achievement by Chappers. He was a good shot stopper but I can’t recall him giving any goals away from howlers. Since we won so many games by a single goal that equated to a lot of points.
Recall not so good these days LD. Don't worry come's to most of us.
ferret man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 10:56   #45

Perfect recall. I have doubts whether he will fare so well when he needs to be more commanding in his box next year.
I also recall him being dropped last year - and for good reason.

Please note that I have “doubts” not certainties.
Chrisr likes this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..