Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree51Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-04-2018, 11:50   #46
Senior Member+

Re: The vs Lincoln thread

Clark against Forest Green for me.
Too many top candidates for player of the season ..... give me a few days !!!
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 29-04-2018, 14:44   #47

Happy days, still walking in a Stanley Wonderland. Loved the new song by the way. Just wish my dad would still have been around to see this.
cashman and Kiwi John like this.
anmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2018, 15:16   #48
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by anmc View Post
Happy days, still walking in a Stanley Wonderland. Loved the new song by the way. Just wish my dad would still have been around to see this.
Like me and wynonie and keep the faith, our dads would been oer the moon.
Wynonie Harris likes this.
Old 29-04-2018, 18:32   #49

Clark v Forest Green for me too.
That was the point when it was all over bar the shouting.

My Old Man is 85. Supported Stanley since a few years old. Travelled around watching not just them but Preston, Bolton too - so he’s witnessed huge change down the years. I’m very happy to have him witness this season. However, the ones I’m most happy for are those that have been consistently over the last few decades - whatever age they are.
My old man lived in Leeds from 1969-2001 so missed the real lows.
cashman and choirboy like this.
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2018, 19:51   #50

I too would go with Clark and the importance of that goal , but i also fondly recall Kaydens first that announced him to us all and the league on the opening day, a break from defence, held up and layed off by Kee and a defence splitting through ball to Jackson and a lightning burst of speed and finish . The warm august sunshine and a few pre match beers may contribute to those thoughts.
As a follower of the last 4 years i've only seen good times so i feel a fraud in suggesting this, but is there any apetite to mark this unbelievable achievement in adding a gold star above the crest as surely this is our World Cup or Champions League ?
Simpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2018, 21:59   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simpson View Post
I too would go with Clark and the importance of that goal , but i also fondly recall Kaydens first that announced him to us all and the league on the opening day, a break from defence, held up and layed off by Kee and a defence splitting through ball to Jackson and a lightning burst of speed and finish . The warm august sunshine and a few pre match beers may contribute to those thoughts.
As a follower of the last 4 years i've only seen good times so i feel a fraud in suggesting this, but is there any apetite to mark this unbelievable achievement in adding a gold star above the crest as surely this is our World Cup or Champions League ?
We can add the star when we win the champions league
Tom D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2018, 20:00   #52
Senior Member+

Been a bit off colour the last few days, (not a celebratory hangover either!)
However, I did manage to get to the match and witness the historical moments when ..........
ACCRINGTON STANLEY won their first ever promotion IN THE FOOTBALL LEAGUE!

The celebrations after the match were just terrific especially when Jimmy Bell came over to the Clayton End and presented the trophy to us! What a wonderful gesture that was....Thanks Jimmy! The rapport between the players and supporters at Accrington Stanley is indeed very special.

The match itself was a dogged affair and I have to say I was somewhat disappointed with the tactics employed by Lincoln. I fully expected them to play with a 'direct' approach with long balls forward to the big lad Rhead up front but I have to say he was just a cheat and a big baby too! Rhead along with their other forwards Palmer and Green pushed into the back of our players constantly and the ineffective referee never got a hold on them, in spite of numerous justifiable protestations from our captain Coneely. Sean Mac had a few goes at the referee too and got a yellow card for his trouble.
I just cannot understand how the referee and his assistant did not see the act of thuggery committed on Aaron Chapman. Rhead should have been given a straight red card for his punch on Chapmans head! Even my seven year old Grandson saw it and he was quite incensed! I remember being very frustrated by the pushing tactics of Swindon a few weeks ago but these three and Bostwick too probably did more pushing than all of Swindon's players put together. Their style of play was reminiscent of Wimbledon's tactics when 'Da Beast' played for them. Not a style of play that I would want to watch weekly!

To their credit Stanley tried to play our passing slick game but also competed physically and matched the vigour of the rugged Lincolnites.
The details of the match have generally passed me by what with not feeling too well but I can, and always will, remember the wonderful scenes of celebration.

I was particularly pleased that our fans didn't invade the pitch so that we got a BRILLIANT LAP OF HONOUR.
As far as Lincoln are concerned I firmly believe that their fans came out of the day with all the credit and not their players! Their fans applauded our lads superbly which was wonderful to see.

WHAT A MOMENTOUS SEASON IT HAS BEEN FOR OUR WONDERFUL LITTLE CLUB.

WE HAVE ALSO BROKEN THROUGH THE 1,000 BARRIER FOR SEASON TICKET SALES WHICH IS AMAZING!

JOHN AND JIMMY HAVE BEEN BRILLIANT AS HAVE ALL OF OUR PLAYERS!

ANDY HOLT IS NOW A LEGEND!

THE SUPPORT HAS BEEN AMAZING ESPECIALLY THOSE WHO HAVE TRAVELLED TO ALL OR MOST OF THE AWAY MATCHES.
I THINK WE HAD ONLY 28 AT ONE MATCH EARLIER IN THE SEASON...EVERY ONE A HERO!

IT WAS GREAT TO SEE THE BIG FLAGS COME OUT AS THE SEASON BUILT TO ITS CLIMAX. I HOPE THE YOUNG LADS AND LASSES CAN PUT ON A REALLY GOOD SHOW NEXT SEASON TOO AND THAT WE CAN SHOW SOME OF THESE BIGGER CLUBS JUST WHO ACCRINGTON STANLEY ARE.....

ACCRINGTON STANLEY....WHO ARE THEY?

They are.....EFL LEAGUE TWO CHAMPIONS 2017/2018

Last edited by choirboy; 30-04-2018 at 20:04.
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2018, 21:34   #53
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by choirboy View Post
Their style of play was reminiscent of Wimbledon's tactics when 'Da Beast' played for them.
Great report choirboy, but I don't ever remember playing for Wimbledon!!!
Old 01-05-2018, 18:55   #54
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabeast View Post
Great report choirboy, but I don't ever remember playing for Wimbledon!!!
Well....
I suppose somebody had to play for them!
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 17:40   #55
God Member

A work colleague, who has adopted Stanley as his second team (well, being an Gooner he wanted to be associated with a successful club) was asking if there was any footage of Stanley lifting the League 2 trophy.
I couldn't find any on the Sky web site but if anyone knows where to look, could you post a link on here if possible?
Thanks.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 17:47   #56
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
A work colleague, who has adopted Stanley as his second team (well, being an Gooner he wanted to be associated with a successful club) was asking if there was any footage of Stanley lifting the League 2 trophy.
I couldn't find any on the Sky web site but if anyone knows where to look, could you post a link on here if possible?
Thanks.
Think some on facebook bud, but i have no idea how to move stuff.
Old 02-05-2018, 19:22   #57
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

So far all I can find is this

https://www.efl.com/news/2018/april/...-on-home-soil/
cashman likes this.
Old 02-05-2018, 19:51   #58
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

And this .... at 1.52

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..