Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-05-2018, 00:53   #16
Senior Member+

Re: 2017/18 Prediction League; Game 46 v Swindon Town (away)

2-0 Stanley, please.

And thanks to both of you for running this all season!
MikeA is online now   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 04-05-2018, 05:12   #17

2-1 Stanley, please
Accyborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 19:52   #18
Senior Member+

3-1 to acci please
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 20:08   #19
Senior Member+

2-2 please
ossy kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 06:11   #20
God Member

D3N and Chimer-THANK YOU.... 2-0 Swindon ..but who gives a **** really?
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 08:14   #21
Senior Member+

Swindon 1 Champions 3

Div3North is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 08:35   #22
Senior Member+

Tom D has spoken, by PM .......

This is just to remind me to put his guess in when I do everybody else's!

I await Leylandii's final submission with interest
Old 05-05-2018, 09:07   #23
Full Member+

How much interest? OK, let's go for it.
Swindon Town 0 Accrington Stanley 3
Now,only time will tell.
Leylandii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 12:14   #24
Senior Member+

2-1 Swindon but as with Kiwi John who gives a flying #### btw cheers chaps for keeping this going and have a great Summer!
Old 05-05-2018, 12:54   #25

Can only be 2-1 to Stanley , hope everyone has a great summer .
Proccy fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 14:17   #26
Full Member+

1 down
ferret man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 14:43   #27
Full Member+

2 down
Old 05-05-2018, 15:14   #28
Full Member+

3 down
Old 07-05-2018, 13:26   #29
Senior Member+

Tom D Holds On As Season Fizzles Out In Swindon Sunshine

Everything was up for grabs as Mrs Chimer and I set out for Swindon on Saturday morning. Having received Tom D's PM, I knew he had marked Mab out of the game by posting the same prediction of 2-1 to the Stan-er-lee (though he assures me he hadn't looked at the thread first ), but Leylandii's final bid wasn't in . 4 points and a maxi behind, only a maxi which wasn't a Stanley win could pinch a last day victory for our tall tree.

Well, as you're probably aware, the day didn't bring a Stanley win . For the previous 45 games, Leylandii had forecast 45 Stanley wins - 38 2-1, 6 3-1, and just one 2-0, against Newport recently. A few more forecasts of clean sheets and he would have been a runaway winner, methinks. So what were the chances of him going 0-3 this time?

Well, 0-3 is exactly what he put - but he always puts the home team score first (which I hate 'cos I have to think to reverse it putting it into my spreadsheet ). So no points is exactly what he got - in common with everybody else except Kiwi John and Nige B, who both forecast Swindon wins for the hell of it, as far as I can see . Kiwi even got a bonus point for guessing we wouldn't score for the first time since Christmas , but failed to move up the table as a result. Nige's 3 points, however, did move him up from 13th to 11th, at the expense of MikeA and AccyTom18.

Nobody else scoring points meant, obviously, no other positional changes anywhere, so
Tom D becomes our champion
and wins absolutely nothing, with a 4 point margin over Leylandii, and Mab a further point behind. Mab, incidentally, forecast 45 2-1 Stanley wins over the season , with a rush of blood to the head causing him to go 3-2 for the Exeter game three weeks ago. And Tom also went 100% Stanley ,but with a lot more faith in defence and keeper shown in the shape of 1-, 2- and 3-0 forecasts. Not sure 100% Stanley will be such a good tactic next season .

23 of us managed 40 or more predictions over the 46 games, with just 10 not missing even once. 9 of those 10 finished in the Top Ten in the final table, Lord S being the exception in 16th. Cashman was the non-ever-present interloper in the Top Ten, making 7th place from 45 entries - 3 more points from the game he missed would have seen him 4th. And the 23 40-plusses filled the top 22 places, the exception being Kiwi whose self-sacrificial tactics over 45 games saw him down in 25th behind Proccy Fan (31 goes) and LongLostSon (29). Two more regular irregulars were Chrisr (played 21) and Dav007 (27), finishing 26th and 27th. Some late joiners in the form of Accyborn, Ferret Man and Jimmy Clitheroe might be regulars next year, and hopefully a few blasts from the past may return to swell our numbers then.

I always like to have a look at average points per go, to see how our irregulars might have done if they'd entered regularly - taking Tom D's 2.57 as the benchmark, the only people to beat that were SalfordImp and Lord Love Rocket (that's the second time I've had to type that this season ) who each entered once and scored 3 points, and, more significant statistically, JimsLad, who averaged 2.83 over 12 entries and might have been a contender .

We must honour visiting players from Morecambe (M Red), Carlisle (Northern Soul), Lincoln (SalfordImp), Yeovil (Benboy) and Newport (ncfc1 and Accy Mad not AccyMad) for taking the trouble to seek us out, especially as, with the possible exception of SalfordImp, I don't expect we'll be seeing them next season. But I'm sure Morecambe Red, at least, will be heard from on other threads as our League 1 season develops.

All that remains is for me to attach the final table, add a few emoticons (luckily twenty-eight doesn't play our game so I won't have to explain what they all mean ) and press the submit button.

So, roll on ........League 1 . See you in August .....

On Stanley On!!
Attached Files
File Type: doc Final Table 2017-18.doc (87.0 KB, 14 views)
cashman, Tom D and Stevie R like this.
Old 07-05-2018, 13:37   #30
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Do I get a TROPHY for coming 3rd

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..