Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree62Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-05-2018, 15:24   #16
God Member

Re: Well, here it is . . . . . .

Agreed
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 05-05-2018, 15:37   #17
Senior Member+

That’s Coley for you. I’d have played all the fringe players
Maxted Big Ben the lot ...... they have things to prove first eleven have nothing to prove.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 15:41   #18
God Member

I'ld be pooing my pants right this minute if I was a Morecambe fan.
Old 05-05-2018, 15:47   #19
God Member

Red cards!! They really Dunne it.
Red-Osbornello likes this.
Old 05-05-2018, 15:52   #20
God Member

Bummer
Old 05-05-2018, 15:59   #21
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
That’s Coley for you. I’d have played all the fringe players
Maxted Big Ben the lot ...... they have things to prove first eleven have nothing to prove.
Crewe played a team of Academy players, all of them with at least one first team game on their CV.

A positive from today is that the Shrimps managed to hold on for a draw at Coventry and preserve their League status. Coventry's second-biggest crowd of the season! Well done to 'em.
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 17:05   #22
God Member

Disappointing but can't be too down after what the lads have done this season - they looked jiggered, bless 'em - Kidderminster all over again at end of conference winning season.
Still a good day out & our lot, as usual barely stopped singing in stark contrast to the Swindon fans who didn't have a chant between 'em
sherry likes this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 17:34   #23
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

The fact they looked jiggered, yet the bench warmers didn't start, dont say a right lot about good tactics in my book. crewe played theres today and won.

Last edited by cashman; 05-05-2018 at 17:40.
cashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 18:15   #24
God Member

Stanley fans were fantastic today. Atmosphere just before kick off was electric with Dave Burgess flaunting the L2 trophy.
Stanley started like champions but once Swindon scored, they seemed to deflate. And after Swindon scored two more, they ended like chumpians.
Combination of some very lackadaisical defending, nothing going right for Stanley, and, as Professor Coleman said, Swindon converting their few chances.
Their No.30 rightly MoM as he caused trouble all over the pitch. Wonder if he fancies playing for a League 1 team?

Looking at the shirt numbers of the Swindon team (most of 'em seemed be 30 plus) I thought they must be fringe players! If they were they certainly gave Stanley a haircut today.

Disappointing end to a brilliant and memorable season. But, heh, the records will still show Stanley as champions.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 09:20   #25
Senior Member+

A bit rich Coley having a go at the lads after the game though ....... he should have freshened everything up. He can be obstinate at times.
Old 06-05-2018, 10:50   #26
Senior Member+

Quote:
A bit rich Coley having a go at the lads after the game though ....... he should have freshened everything up. He can be obstinate at times.
Looking at the table, it would seem obstinate works ....
Old 06-05-2018, 10:51   #27
Senior Member+

Have to agree with others posts, why not play the likes of Maxted, Big Ben, Rodgers, Williams, etc etc ??? Give them a run out with fresh legs on a hot day, with nothing to lose ??

A very strange decision for me.
monkey hanger likes this.
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 11:07   #28
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimer View Post
Disagree, i fail to see how obstinacy encourages a young player to stay. no-ones knocking his achievements, but its obvious to me why a big club aint come a knocking fer J.C. despite all the miracles he got at Stanley.
smudgie likes this.
Old 06-05-2018, 13:51   #29
God Member

Two weeks ago all three EFL champions went away and won 0-4. This weekend two of them lost 3-0!
Only Wigan spoilt the symmetry and, guess what, they needed to win yesterday to ensure they were champions!
C'est la football.
AccyMad, cashman and sherry like this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 15:40   #30
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimer View Post
No ones talking about the games up to securing promotion then the Championship - stop distorting things.
The starting 11 were spent forces even a numpty like me could see that going into this game.
Maxted Big Ben Sousa Zanzala should have started minimum.
KiTChener and monkey hanger like this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..