Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree62Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-05-2018, 14:01   #46

Re: Well, here it is . . . . . .

I’m sure everyone grasps that more a case of amazement that after arguably the greatest feat of footballl management in the UK he gets stick AFTER the event for picking the side that won the title.
AccyMad and sherry like this.

Last edited by widnes viking; 08-05-2018 at 14:03.
widnes viking is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 08-05-2018, 18:07   #47
Super Moderator

Sorry meant to post this much earlier

No idea, but haven't checked if Crewe's team ticked boxes.

Following issues last year; new rules voted in last year by EFL.

From late March ALL teams must have on every team sheet 10 outfield players who were on previous games team sheet.
Ie no playing the U18's and no mass changes to assist the opposition.

Ie : IF Cov's manager didn't like Barnet; he could play the Youth Team v Morecambe; sure there are other better examples.

Coley could have made a few changes; but not the numbers that some people were asking for.

Surprised EFL haven't got this out into the public domain more.
Mr T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 18:24   #48
God Member

The EFL have much more important things to worry about - like who buys the burgers
AccyMad, sherry and monkey hanger like this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 18:53   #49
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr T View Post

From late March ALL teams must have on every team sheet 10 outfield players who were on previous games team sheet.
Ie no playing the U18's and no mass changes to assist the opposition

Coley could have made a few changes; but not the numbers that some people for.
Presumably that includes the subs used or otherwise? In theory he could have made 8 changes?
Old 09-05-2018, 08:23   #50
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr T View Post

Ie : IF Cov's manager didn't like Barnet; he could play the Youth Team v Morecambe; sure there are other better examples.

Coley could have made a few changes; but not the numbers that some people were asking for.

Surprised EFL haven't got this out into the public domain more.
think it should be more to do with the game that was taking place. if there is nothing on the result of the game and it did not effect promotion or relegation than it would not really matter what side is put out by any side.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 12:43   #51

Just clocked the comment a page back about Accyweb giving Coley stick. I see it on twitter every now and again.

It seems a bit weird to have a go at a forum in this way. A public forum is, by nature, an ever changing collection of views and people, each laying out their opinions and rationale. I'm not sure how you can actually dislike that. I suppose people might pick out the bits they dislike (eg, "I think coley blundered by picking Smithers-Jones at right back today") and assume everyone hates Coleman?

I feel the same way about "What's wrong with Accrington, why don't they support the club more?" How can you get angry at a community of 35,000 diverse people?

I know the demographic on twitter tends to be younger and more upbeat and it's bloody marvellous for it, but I don't see what the problem with a place where it's a bit more critical from time to time.

Interesting.
monkey hanger likes this.
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 14:06   #52
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Didsbury View Post
Just clocked the comment a page back about Accyweb giving Coley stick. I see it on twitter every now and again.

It seems a bit weird to have a go at a forum in this way. A public forum is, by nature, an ever changing collection of views and people, each laying out their opinions and rationale. I'm not sure how you can actually dislike that. I suppose people might pick out the bits they dislike (eg, "I think coley blundered by picking Smithers-Jones at right back today") and assume everyone hates Coleman?

I feel the same way about "What's wrong with Accrington, why don't they support the club more?" How can you get angry at a community of 35,000 diverse people?

I know the demographic on twitter tends to be younger and more upbeat and it's bloody marvellous for it, but I don't see what the problem with a place where it's a bit more critical from time to time.

Interesting.
Myself i regard it as just being "Thick" i see no problem at all with someone disagreeing, they are entitled too, its their opinion, but that dont suit some, if it aint their view, then they sulk like kids.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 10-05-2018, 14:49   #53
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
Presumably that includes the subs used or otherwise? In theory he could have made 8 changes?
Yes includes outfield subs, but not keepers, so I think 6 changes??
Mr T is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..