Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree41Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-05-2018, 07:26   #16
Senior Member+

Re: Retained list and / or "moving on"

........... also maybe a chance for our number 3 keeper to be promoted.......... as he has the greatest name ive ever heard (for a keeper) ...... SAVIN
maccawozzagod, sherry and choirboy like this.
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 16-05-2018, 09:16   #17
Senior Member+

I am really disappointed to see Chapman leave us.
He is yet another player who came to Stanley lacking confidence and who no other club seemed to want to sign up. The Stanley management and coaching staff have then done a wonderful job yet again in rebuilding the players confidence and have shown great faith in him...............
And then sadly he leaves us like so many before!
I know that he will probably be on a much more lucrative deal and he will 'possibly' be playing in a bigger stadium........larger crowds.....better training facilities etc.....will he be warming the bench all season?
But will he enjoy his football as much as he has this season?...... Will his new manager be able to keep Aaron's confidence up and keep him as happy as he has been here at Stanley?.......I doubt it!

Good luck Aaron, You have had a brilliant season..........
I hope it works out for you at your new club and that you can hold down a regular first team place.
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2018, 18:05   #18
Full Member+

I would liked to have seen more of Zanzala last season. I hope we can get him back for a while. Which was his parent club?
Chrisr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2018, 18:09   #19
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by choirboy View Post
He is yet another player who came to Stanley lacking confidence and who no other club seemed to want to sign up. The Stanley management and coaching staff have then done a wonderful job yet again in rebuilding the players confidence and have shown great faith in him...............
I know that he will probably be on a much more lucrative deal and he will 'possibly' be playing in a bigger stadium........larger crowds.....better training facilities etc.....will he be warming the bench all season?
But will he enjoy his football as much as he has this season?...... Will his new manager be able to keep Aaron's confidence up and keep him as happy as he has been here at Stanley?.......I doubt it!

I hope it works out for you at your new club and that you can hold down a regular first team place.
Wish him well, but Joe Harts at a loose end.
Old 16-05-2018, 18:27   #20
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisr View Post
I would liked to have seen more of Zanzala last season. I hope we can get him back for a while. Which was his parent club?
Think it was Derby County.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2018, 18:28   #21
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Wish him well, but Joe Harts at a loose end.

An England reject for Stanley? D'yer think he could cut it?
Old 16-05-2018, 18:38   #22
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
An England reject for Stanley? D'yer think he could cut it?
Was thinking more of second man to Maxted Dave.
DaveinGermany likes this.
Old 16-05-2018, 19:49   #23
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisr View Post
Not coming back. Derby County his parent club.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2018, 19:53   #24
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by choirboy View Post

You can’t let your heart rule your head.
He’s got a good offer and security of employment for two years. The lad owes us nothing.
Clearly Coley had his doubts because he wouldn’t have hesitated to sign a 2 year deal.
Then he sees Maxted signed ......
What would you do ?
Old 17-05-2018, 09:49   #25
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
You can’t let your heart rule your head.
He’s got a good offer and security of employment for two years. The lad owes us nothing.
Clearly Coley had his doubts because he wouldn’t have hesitated to sign a 2 year deal.
Then he sees Maxted signed ......
What would you do ?
But the trouble is, most football fans do think with their heart when it comes to their team - it's called passion.
We all can see the logic behind Aaron's decision & most will wish him well - doesn't mean we're not disappointed that he's gone
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2018, 14:35   #26
Senior Member+

Accymad,
If you read Choirboy's post he intimates because we've instilled confidence and we signed him when no one else wanted to (I dont agree with either statements by the way) that somehow that meant he should stay.
We didnt show faith - or he would have been given a 2 year deal like the nucleus of the squad.
Old 17-05-2018, 18:30   #27
Full Member+

Twenty eight. I broadly agree, but we DID show faith by offering what Chappie obviously thought was the best deal on the table at the time.
Old 17-05-2018, 19:06   #28
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

I think much faith was shown in chappie,by continuing playing him early season,when his form was way from what it became. also at the time we took him back, please explain who else was after him? I aint knocking the lad for going, but i can't see yer logic twenty eight. Cos i cant see many players choosing us, if another league club is after em.

Last edited by cashman; 17-05-2018 at 19:13.
cashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2018, 20:08   #29

Faith was shown in Chappie as the season went on but don't forget he was dropped for the Morecombe away game.

Lads had a great season beyond his wildest imaginings.Wish he stayed but wish him all the best with the move.
Inspector Morse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2018, 21:06   #30
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
I think much faith was shown in chappie,by continuing playing him early season,when his form was way from what it became. also at the time we took him back, please explain who else was after him? I aint knocking the lad for going, but i can't see yer logic twenty eight. Cos i cant see many players choosing us, if another league club is after em.
Really ? I know of 2 clubs interested in Clark when he signed for Accy.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..